RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Curzon Reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114194-curzon-reaction.html)

Colonel D 20th July 2019 17.26:33

Curzon Reaction

Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?

benwilliams 20th July 2019 17.51:52

Re: Curzon Reaction

They're a reasonable team only a league below so to beat them comfortably without conceding with largely a second string team is encouraging.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hawarden Red10 20th July 2019 18.12:25

Pat Jones looks a prospect considering he turned 16 last month and Thorn did well. Other than that I thought the other youth players looked quite poor, especially Beaumont who has looked suspect both times I've seen him. Redmond is a different league to our other midfielders and also thought Macintosh showed good glimpses. Oswell, goal aside, was awful. Curzon look a cert for the drop in that league to me.

The Turf 20th July 2019 18.22:34

Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.

pagl 20th July 2019 18.42:31

Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

Thought we would be finalising the team about now and this just seems to have been
A trial game for the majority of the kids.

Ipswich Red 20th July 2019 18.50:07

It's possible that he working them hard in training to refine what he want to do this season, hence the slightly strange friendly and line up?

mol 20th July 2019 18.54:43

Hopefully this is near the side we’ll see in Scotland in September. Shown they can hold their own today.

davewilli 20th July 2019 18.57:40

[QUOTE=pagl;2275467]Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

Thought we would be finalising the team about now and this just seems to have been
A trial game for the majority of the kids.[/QUOTE]

Slightly different approach from BH to make the majority of the first 11 to get 90 mins and feel a bit of pain on Wednesday when he would have expected Stoke to make our lads work really hard whilst not in possession.
He did say he had 2 clear weeks now to get things right for Barrow, so today was used to give others the minutes. Good news Redmond has returned to fitness and sounds like Carra and Young made a case for themselves.

paddockgraham 20th July 2019 19.09:36

[QUOTE=pagl;2275467]Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

A trial game for the majority of the kids.[/QUOTE]

thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all

John Neals Dynasty 20th July 2019 19.19:05

[QUOTE=The Turf;2275466]Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.[/QUOTE]

Same as last season then BH stands there like a librarian little passion. .. But as for the game I don't attend friendlies anymore as they're just basically training matches to get some idea of the players he has (hence mainly youth) to see what they are capable of, thing with kids you cannot expect consistency as they are still learning.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.23:58.