RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Curzon Reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114194-curzon-reaction.html)

Colonel D 20th July 2019 17.26:33

Curzon Reaction

Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?

benwilliams 20th July 2019 17.51:52

Re: Curzon Reaction

They're a reasonable team only a league below so to beat them comfortably without conceding with largely a second string team is encouraging.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hawarden Red10 20th July 2019 18.12:25

Pat Jones looks a prospect considering he turned 16 last month and Thorn did well. Other than that I thought the other youth players looked quite poor, especially Beaumont who has looked suspect both times I've seen him. Redmond is a different league to our other midfielders and also thought Macintosh showed good glimpses. Oswell, goal aside, was awful. Curzon look a cert for the drop in that league to me.

The Turf 20th July 2019 18.22:34

Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.

pagl 20th July 2019 18.42:31

Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

Thought we would be finalising the team about now and this just seems to have been
A trial game for the majority of the kids.

Ipswich Red 20th July 2019 18.50:07

It's possible that he working them hard in training to refine what he want to do this season, hence the slightly strange friendly and line up?

mol 20th July 2019 18.54:43

Hopefully this is near the side we’ll see in Scotland in September. Shown they can hold their own today.

davewilli 20th July 2019 18.57:40

[QUOTE=pagl;2275467]Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

Thought we would be finalising the team about now and this just seems to have been
A trial game for the majority of the kids.[/QUOTE]

Slightly different approach from BH to make the majority of the first 11 to get 90 mins and feel a bit of pain on Wednesday when he would have expected Stoke to make our lads work really hard whilst not in possession.
He did say he had 2 clear weeks now to get things right for Barrow, so today was used to give others the minutes. Good news Redmond has returned to fitness and sounds like Carra and Young made a case for themselves.

paddockgraham 20th July 2019 19.09:36

[QUOTE=pagl;2275467]Seems a strange friendly to arrange a this point.

A trial game for the majority of the kids.[/QUOTE]

thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all

John Neals Dynasty 20th July 2019 19.19:05

[QUOTE=The Turf;2275466]Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.[/QUOTE]

Same as last season then BH stands there like a librarian little passion. .. But as for the game I don't attend friendlies anymore as they're just basically training matches to get some idea of the players he has (hence mainly youth) to see what they are capable of, thing with kids you cannot expect consistency as they are still learning.

moynkeepthefaith 20th July 2019 19.21:37

[QUOTE=The Turf;2275466]Poor all round game to be honest but not to disgruntled it was mainly youth players. Of the senior players dibble had nothing to do. Young and redmond were a cut above. Macintosh is a right bully boy which I like in a striker but thought oswell was quite poor. Sat in the main stand and noticed Darlington does all the shouting at the players. Didn’t here Hughes once. Crewe will be a better indication.[/QUOTE]

Fair summary for me. A bit disjointed due to all the youngsters. Macintosh was awful first half but improved second half. Youngsters not ready to step up.
Great hospitality. Redmond looked class at times. Sat next to Flynn who took notes,agree on BH and CD.

EnglishRed 20th July 2019 19.22:16

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2275476]thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all[/QUOTE]

This preseason seems pretty well thought out, and seems to have gone very smoothly. If you look down the road at Chester their preseason is just bizarre.

Foxy 20th July 2019 19.29:46

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2275476]thats why you have friendlies to see whats in the squad and get players fitness up to required levels, making sure everyone gets games, was arranged weeks ago so not strange at all[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Really enlightening.

Cenotaff 20th July 2019 20.50:46

[QUOTE=Foxy;2275482]Thanks for that. Really enlightening.[/QUOTE]

Condescension fight!

Birdy 20th July 2019 21.02:40

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2275457]Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The only way they will improve (or see if they are upto the task) is if we play them.

fluffysheepsupporter 20th July 2019 21.07:34

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2275465]Pat Jones looks a prospect considering he turned 16 last month and Thorn did well. Other than that I thought the other youth players looked quite poor, especially Beaumont who has looked suspect both times I've seen him. Redmond is a different league to our other midfielders and also thought Macintosh showed good glimpses. Oswell, goal aside, was awful. Curzon look a cert for the drop in that league to me.[/QUOTE]

The youngsters did well and hats off to Hughes for giving them 90 minutes . Also very much agreed that Curzon were poor compared to Telford .

Red Light 20th July 2019 21.08:10

Not really sure what to make of today's match.
My idea of pre season is to introduce the new players to those already here and get them used to playing alongside each other in whatever formation is decided.
However we play a team which looks as those it has been cobbled together and change the formation to a flat back four.
On top of that quite a few players were missing who could be construed as ones who may well start the season.
Perhaps the thoughts of BH were that as some had completed 90 minutes for the first time v Stoke it was a chance for the youth to stake their claim and make their mark.
However, we have one game (v Crew Alex) to go and then it's time for the real thing.

Barnum Bobb looks to be nailed on as the right back but is carrying an injury.

Fondop has just disappeared since his brief showing in Portugal as a sub.

Where was Barton today ?

Good to see Redmond back as he looks a better class of player - but no Hooper.

A disjointed day to say the least - perhaps good for improving match fitness and giving the youth a glimpse of what might be if they work hard - but fluency, building up understanding and tactics are a mystery - next week will be very interesting to see who plays, what formation we line up and how we compare v a L2 club - you would think that BH would put out a team he considers full strength and one which will be close of not the same as the one which lines up v Barrow.

Lods 20th July 2019 21.08:38

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2275457]Well a lot of youth players were used today.
Strength in depth ?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to see more youths getting a run out. We would save a ton of money if we were able to make top National League players rather than having to search for them every transfer window, and the only way they're going to get to that level is playing against senior teams.

harrypothead 20th July 2019 21.09:45

Dont understand what's wrong with Darlo shouting instructions and Hughes just watching. He has a team around him, and to be fair the best side we had since I was born was a team where the manager sat in the stands and his assistant and coach did all the shouting. Its Hughes's style, if it works, who cares.

NottsRed 20th July 2019 21.33:57

Its good to see the youth players getting some match time but im hoping the Crewe game we put out our full strength side.

Huffy 20th July 2019 21.44:25

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2275494]Dont understand what's wrong with Darlo shouting instructions and Hughes just watching. He has a team around him, and to be fair the best side we had since I was born was a team where the manager sat in the stands and his assistant and coach did all the shouting. Its Hughes's style, if it works, who cares.[/QUOTE]

Yes , I tend to agree . However ,some folk like the manager to do all the bawling

moynkeepthefaith 20th July 2019 21.47:38

[QUOTE=harrypothead;2275494]Dont understand what's wrong with Darlo shouting instructions and Hughes just watching. He has a team around him, and to be fair the best side we had since I was born was a team where the manager sat in the stands and his assistant and coach did all the shouting. Its Hughes's style, if it works, who cares.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong and the management (minus BF) spent a long time discussing after the game and looked a comfortable unit. Basically the whole squad there less Fondop and I thought we looked like a professional setup. If BH wants to use the friendlies to see all options then ok but,like others, I do expect to see a near starting 11 next Saturday. Thought we played 4-1-4-1 mixed with 4-4-2

WV1 20th July 2019 22.06:36

There isn’t anything wrong.

Some people just love to moan at anything though

WasanActonlad 20th July 2019 22.12:53

[QUOTE=WV1;2275503]There isn’t anything wrong.

Some people just love to moan at anything though[/QUOTE]

Its the Wrexham way......must be something in the water or blood...

Junior Shabadoo 20th July 2019 22.49:29

After all these years people think passion influences football in any way ��

Ddraigoch 20th July 2019 23.14:21

I want the first team concentrating on the League. As we have no reserve side or reserve League to compete in, the Irn Bru will do nicely as a way of integrating the youngsters into the squad. I hope the youngsters get as many games as possible in and around pre-season as a guide to whether they will be strong enough for the Irn Bru.

pagl 20th July 2019 23.20:00

Understand why we have friendlies. Was expecting a bit tougher at this point.
Thats all.

ozzy red 21st July 2019 00.14:31

[QUOTE=Foxy;2275482]Thanks for that. Really enlightening.[/QUOTE]

Foxy...the irony of your post is probably beyond you … time to stop posting and focus on your mental health in old age ...it appears a little fragile.

I'm sure you mean well and we all want the best for Wrexham …. but someone has to tell you when its time to self reflect!

Yours in friendship OZZY

Junior Shabadoo 21st July 2019 06.40:26

[QUOTE=pagl;2275508]Understand why we have friendlies. Was expecting a bit tougher at this point.
Thats all.[/QUOTE]

We’ve had tougher. We literally played a tougher team this week, have played two other tougher teams, and are playing another next week, in conjunction with playing a couple of games against teams just one division lower. This makes sense doesn’t it?

Alan Attack 21st July 2019 06.59:12

[QUOTE=pagl;2275508]Understand why we have friendlies. Was expecting a bit tougher at this point.
Thats all.[/QUOTE]

We’ve played Fleetwood, Stoke and the Portuguese lads. Half the games played have been against teams better than us.

You could argue Curzon and Telford are closer to the standard of opposition we’ll face in the league as opposed to the teams we’ve lost to.

Foxy 21st July 2019 07.11:19

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2275509]Foxy...the irony of your post is probably beyond you … time to stop posting and focus on your mental health in old age ...it appears a little fragile.

I'm sure you mean well and we all want the best for Wrexham …. but someone has to tell you when its time to self reflect!

Yours in friendship OZZY[/QUOTE]

I appreciate your concern but I’m not going to take any advice off someone who lives in Australia.

marathonplny 21st July 2019 07.31:02

Lol ��

moynkeepthefaith 21st July 2019 08.00:07

We have so many complaints about lack of non first team action. Maybe the management team felt that by involving as many of the clubs players it would create a more unified environment? It’s a long season and we could play 60+ games. Allowing the fringe players to be involved against a team a league below makes that possible.

Lods 21st July 2019 08.10:36

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2275513]We’ve played Fleetwood, Stoke and the Portuguese lads. Half the games played have been against teams better than us.

You could argue Curzon and Telford are closer to the standard of opposition we’ll face in the league as opposed to the teams we’ve lost to.[/QUOTE]

Telford maybe. Curzon are a low-end NLN side (18th last season out of 22) and there's a decent chance they'll go down this year, so probably are quite a bit worse than the worst team in our league, whoever you judge that to be.

John Neals Dynasty 21st July 2019 08.46:02

[QUOTE=Foxy;2275514]I appreciate your concern but I’m not going to take any advice off someone who lives in Australia.[/QUOTE]

You tell him Foxy lad his post was patronising at best 😂😂😂

pagl 21st July 2019 08.58:28

[QUOTE=Foxy;2275514]I appreciate your concern but I’m not going to take any advice off someone who lives in Australia.[/QUOTE]

You might if it was about avoiding Crocodiles :)

BP Red 21st July 2019 09.01:13

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2275520]You tell him Foxy lad his post was patronising at best 😂😂😂
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Let’s not have another thread ruined by petty condescension and pointless digs.

Anyway, thoughts on yesterday’s game.

Out of the youth, Jones has a bit of promise about him but thought Thorn was hit and miss today. Beaumont unfortunately is miles away from being ready for first team football but it was good to see Tharme talking him through the game.

Redmond looks to be on another level to everyone else and I don’t remember a single misplaced pass. Great range of passing and always able to make time for himself on the ball.

McIntosh was lively enough but wanted too many touches in and around the box rather than just getting a shot off.

Oswell was really poor. Lethargic and sloppy with his passing. Harris did more in his 15 minutes or so on the pitch than Oswell did all game, including the shot which led to Oswell’s goal, which he nearly missed from 3 yards out.

Funny_Old_Game 21st July 2019 09.42:12

Visionary.

moynkeepthefaith 21st July 2019 10.45:56

[QUOTE=BP Red;2275523]Let’s not have another thread ruined by petty condescension and pointless digs.

Anyway, thoughts on yesterday’s game.

Out of the youth, Jones has a bit of promise about him but thought Thorn was hit and miss today. Beaumont unfortunately is miles away from being ready for first team football but it was good to see Tharme talking him through the game.

Redmond looks to be on another level to everyone else and I don’t remember a single misplaced pass. Great range of passing and always able to make time for himself on the ball.

McIntosh was lively enough but wanted too many touches in and around the box rather than just getting a shot off.

Oswell was really poor. Lethargic and sloppy with his passing. Harris did more in his 15 minutes or so on the pitch than Oswell did all game, including the shot which led to Oswell’s goal, which he nearly missed from 3 yards out.[/QUOTE]

I thought Young looked ok in patches also. I think he was playing the Wedgbury role and did ok. Otherwise I agree with all of your comments- Redmond is class and just needs game time imo

Alan Attack 21st July 2019 11.07:54

What’s the Wedgbury role? Seems incredulous to think a someone who played a season for us with little distinction has a “role”. Not like Chris Blackburn!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.50:10.