RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Michael Chambers signs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114214-michael-chambers-signs.html)

Red Light 26th July 2019 23.08:26

Re: Michael Chambers signs

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2276578]Agree with this. I called for him to be released. I half like him as he's an honest player who gives his all and hed an okay player at this level. But he must be at the high end of earners, feel like we could of got better for the money he's likely to be on[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree.

It seems many of us have to have a player to doubt and criticise - it's been Akil Wright now it's the turn of Jennings - of course all down to individuals opinions which will always vary.

We must remember that if all our players were world beaters and had a full across the spectrum list of qualities they would be playing at a much higher level and not languishing in the National League at little old Wrexham.

Jennings has done well for us - he has been a solid enough left back in a very strong back four for the last 2 seasons - Roberts was released and has had to be replaced - of all the squad changes I didn't see Jennings being needed to be replaced as any kind of priority - especially as the weaknesses in the team were the poor forward line and to a slightly lesser extent the midfield which I still have doubts over in terms of strength, ball winning, leadership - and generally lacking a boss like terrier who can orchestrate things - time will tell whether Bryan Hughes has brought in sufficient quality in the right areas - however left back to me was the least of our concerns.

redavid 27th July 2019 06.17:35

[QUOTE=wil;2276411]Scroll by it's simple.
Football by nature is very emotive, I guess it must be me then.[/QUOTE]

You didn't like what I reacted to ? why didn't you scroll by ? :confused:

krux 27th July 2019 06.27:20

[QUOTE=WREX01;2276455]Jennings receives unfair criticism on here , he is very good at getting forward, and can chip in with goals.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree with this. He has been a good player for us, got a great left foot puts in some decent crosses and scores goals.

I dont think he is a wing back though, needs to play on a flat back four.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

wil 27th July 2019 06.37:39

[QUOTE=redavid;2276600]You didn't like what I reacted to ? why didn't you scroll by ? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Not I didn't like it but I didn't get the anger but fair point. :)

davewilli 27th July 2019 07.33:16

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2276428]Might BH not play Thorn ahead of Jennings? He’s quicker and more energy!;)[/QUOTE]

Jennings is probably a shoe in, Carra is great to have as back up, but I don't think Thorn is anywhere near ready. I think he has been tried as left wing-back/back, but not sure it's his natural position, maybe as cover or maybe it's a position where, BH has been able to give him pre-season minutes.

Like his brother I think Jennings is underrated and what he has brought to the team.

Gaz Wxm 27th July 2019 07.42:10

JJ is getting criticised for the failings of others around him. As we all know when the lb or rb moves forward the players to the side and directly infront of them have to be positionally aware and cover the space left. Jennings and an attacking LB will get caught out of position, the wingback system relies on others reading the game and having the nouse to cover the space..... when JJ is caught up field many point the finger at him when it should be directed at others. I hope that as the system becomes second nature to all the players the CB's and wide midfield players understand their role.

JJ has shown he can do this role but it isn't just down to him!

EnglishRed 27th July 2019 07.55:13

Back on topic to Chambers this is a Dulwich fans take on his, from the 1FF forum :

Left of the back three is his ideal position, it's where he's played for Dulwich for the last three seasons. He played so well over the first half of last season I thought a National Division side might come in for him at the end of the season, but the team got stuck in a poor run, he was handed the armband when our captain (Magnus Okuonghae) got injured and his own form dipped.

I'm glad he's landed a proper big club, not someone who might be down the wrong end. He's got all the tools to make a go of it as long as he gets the starts. He's at least 6'4", good ball-player and passer, composure, discipline, positional sense, strong in the air and won't get bullied or outmuscled. If there's a weakness maybe he could have greater agility or acceleration, but he's not slow as such and is generally bright and alert enough not to get caught out. He's just turned 25 and I notice it's just a 1 year contract so it's really a make or break season for his football career. I think he worked as a school sportsmaster, so at least it should be fairly straightforward to leave that role at this time of year and find a similar job at the end of some future season if necessary.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 27th July 2019 08.07:08

Sounds a good signing and strengthens the defence. Good luck to him.

redavid 27th July 2019 09.27:42

[QUOTE=wil;2276608]Not I didn't like it but I didn't get the anger but fair point. :)[/QUOTE]

I come on here to find out snippets of info. , try to read the positives , But people like Him are not Wrexham fans , they come on here just to moan and complain , frankly they are sickening , hear enough of it in the stands mate , Why the f==k do they bother.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.28:44.