RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Eric Woodfine RIP (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114219-eric-woodfine-rip.html)

Willywill 26th July 2019 13.45:48

Eric Woodfine RIP

I am sorry to bring tragic news, but my old friend Eric passed away yesterday. Most Wrexham fans over 25 years of age will have known Eric or dealt with him as he must have worked at WAFC for over 50/60 years. He processed the gate money and also organised the programme sales.
I encountered him when working at BSC Shotton in the late 70's. He was a real character, selling his Pontoon and Gold Bond tickets plus the pools and spot the ball etc. He became one of my late dads best friends.
I remember going on his trip to Burnley in 74, and seeing his Tecwyn Price coach driving around Brussels on route to the Anderlecht stadium in 76. Erics soon Nigel still works on the Turnstiles today.
The funeral is next Friday 2nd August at Pentrebychan Crem at 10.30am.

RED2309 26th July 2019 13.51:05

Re: Eric Woodfine RIP

Yes I knew Eric great chap and used to be a Sunday morning regular at the RAFA club for years.

RIP Eric.

Quay Red 26th July 2019 13.54:05

Sad to hear of his passing, condolences to Nigel and the family.

borntobered 26th July 2019 14.32:14

Eric was a good friend of my dad, (gren) who is still with us, but sadly has dementia - very sad news condolences to Nige and family. RIP Eric

wafc1926 26th July 2019 14.37:29

Sad to hear this news. Knew Eric from my early days with the Supporters Association in the 1970's. He gave our Club fantastic service and was highly respected . Sincere condolences to Nigel and the family.

Wrexy 26th July 2019 15.12:10

I first met Eric working on the turnstiles at Chester Races and what fun we had.

We worked on the main entrance to the County Stand alongside each other for years. Ladies Day was the highlight of course. Whenever one of Cheshire's finest came through his turnstiles he'd give me a little kick in the shins so I'd stop what I was doing to have a quick butchers as she came in. "You'll met your future wife doing this job Andy" he would say to me. He loved a bit of banter with the racegoers male or female.

He was also head of turnstiles at Wrexham and said "what the hell are you doing paying good money to watch that rubbish for?". So thanks to him I started working the gates. Great times that I have to thank Eric for.

RIP you old charmer.

OriginalRhylRed 26th July 2019 15.41:58

[QUOTE=Willywill;2276490]I am sorry to bring tragic news, but my old friend Eric passed away yesterday. Most Wrexham fans over 25 years of age will have known Eric or dealt with him as he must have worked at WAFC for over 50/60 years. He processed the gate money and also organised the programme sales.
I encountered him when working at BSC Shotton in the late 70's. He was a real character, selling his Pontoon and Gold Bond tickets plus the pools and spot the ball etc. He became one of my late dads best friends.
I remember going on his trip to Burnley in 74, and seeing his Tecwyn Price coach driving around Brussels on route to the Anderlecht stadium in 76. Erics soon Nigel still works on the Turnstiles today.
The funeral is next Friday 2nd August at Pentrebychan Crem at 10.30am.[/QUOTE]

sad to hear remember him so well at BSC Shotton

Number6 26th July 2019 16.24:58

As someone who has worked with Eric on the turnstiles for a long-long time, it came as a great shock to learn from Nigel that he had passed away this week. It was only a couple of days previously that I spoke to him about prepping for this saturdays game, and he was at the ground sorting out the cash for the game on the morning of his passing. Eric was a family friend from when I was small, and his mischievousness always shone through. We enjoyed some great away trips back in the '70's that he organised or stewarded, and we will all miss him on matchdays. Rest long and in Peace.

draig arian 26th July 2019 17.18:51

So sorry to hear the sad news re Eric, my neighbor in New broughton for a few years and my execellent ' choffeur ' to Shotton Steelworks for many many years. Condolences aplenty to the whole family .Eric was Mr Wrexham fC in many ways and will be long remembered. Margaret and Eric are now happily together again. God Bless.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.29:07.