Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th July 2019, 17.54:12   #121-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Crewe Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
A bit harsh how many times last season was he voted MOM? Have you thought the reason he passes sideways and backwards might be something to do with to many ball watchers? No players looking for space to receive a pass? No forward thinking midfielders? No available forwards to receive a pass.
Posted via mobile theme
On Summerfield my view as well JND. I think with the right support and movement in front of him he can pick a pass and a cross.
Old 29th July 2019, 18.31:11   #122-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
On Summerfield my view as well JND. I think with the right support and movement in front of him he can pick a pass and a cross.
Hopefully as he doesnt score many.
This should be a priority at training. Shoot, shoot, shoot
Old 29th July 2019, 21.03:18   #123-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
A bit harsh how many times last season was he voted MOM? Have you thought the reason he passes sideways and backwards might be something to do with to many ball watchers? No players looking for space to receive a pass? No forward thinking midfielders? No available forwards to receive a pass.
Posted via mobile theme
He was great up to Xmas, and completely unplayable v Salford.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 29th July 2019, 21.19:12   #124-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
He was great up to Xmas, and completely unplayable v Salford.
Posted via mobile theme
To be fair he has started a week or so behind the others this pre-season and talking with the Nantwich coach who watched the Stoke game and said Summerfield was our best player that night.
Old 29th July 2019, 22.52:52   #125-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Honestly thought it was a great work out against a team who made us work really hard due to their excellent ball retention.I would imagine that was the reason we agreed to the friendly.

Neither team looked potent up front.Apart from actual ball possession which means nothing if you do nothing with it, it was reasonably even but I'd say they just shaded it especially when we looked more open down the full back channels second half.This is where the goal came from.

FWIW, I think we again look organised and will be hard to beat but we're again lacking midfield creativity.I think the strikers look more likely than Beavon et al but we probably won't be free scoring unless we really open up and risk being open at the back.

All in all another one under the belt in terms of fitness which what it's all about in July.I feel we are that creative midfielder short of being title favourites but don't write us off.
Thanks for that...good review
What I've seen ...missing the wide man too
Old 30th July 2019, 07.24:22   #126-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Thanks for that...good review
What I've seen ...missing the wide man too
Thought Harris was brought in to play wide and McIntosh can also play across the front 3 if needed.
Old 30th July 2019, 07.34:28   #127-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Thought Harris was brought in to play wide and McIntosh can also play across the front 3 if needed.
Harris looked a real footballer and does play wide ,but Hooper can as well , so that gives scope for McIntosh to play in the middle.
May be needed if Grant doesn’t produce the goods.
Old 30th July 2019, 08.34:50   #128-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
Harris looked a real footballer and does play wide ,but Hooper can as well , so that gives scope for McIntosh to play in the middle.
May be needed if Grant doesn’t produce the goods.
From what fans of other clubs say , he can only play in the middle. And even then, it only seems to work when he obtains through balls for his intelligent runs. He cannot play as an aerial target man for instance.

As sure as eggs are eggs Grant won’t produce the goods, so the earnest and honest Rutherford is a much better bet.
Old 30th July 2019, 08.42:49   #129-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

As sure as eggs are eggs Grant won’t produce the goods, so the earnest and honest Rutherford is a much better bet.
Who doesn't score or create anything. Genius!
Old 30th July 2019, 16.13:43   #130-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
From what fans of other clubs say , he can only play in the middle. And even then, it only seems to work when he obtains through balls for his intelligent runs. He cannot play as an aerial target man for instance.

Grant needs to produce and score. Ruthers is never going to improve his scoring record so depends on how BH is going to use him.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.24:17.