RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Where will we finish 2019/20 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114228-where-will-we-finish-2019-20-a.html)

OneLoveWrexham 30th July 2019 18.12:18

Re: Where will we finish 2019/20

I have us down as finishing 8th, said all along Hughes will be gone by Christmas. He inspires nothing in my opinion and with the part time staff we have he’ll feel the pressure if we have a bad start. There’s a few concerns players wise for me and chuck in the serious and niggly injuries which seemed to have plagued the squad I am not as optimistic as some.

Hightown Brymbo Red 30th July 2019 18.21:12

Not seen any of the pre season matches so really difficult to have a considered view about what will happen.
League looks wide open and up to 12 teams may be pushing hard for promotion.
Will we go up ? Hope so but have felt that every season !

pagl 30th July 2019 18.22:37

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2277391]We won't finish as high as 12th under Hughes.

Only getting top half if he's sacked.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

If we stay the same defensively then its about scoring goals.
If we rely on last years bunch then it will be the same struggle with a goal off Rutherfields arse and a set piece from Pearson and the odd 1 from Young.
Pressures on the new guys and quite rightly as thats why BH recruited them.

Wxm boy 30th July 2019 18.41:48

[QUOTE=pagl;2277405]If we stay the same defensively then its about scoring goals.
If we rely on last years bunch then it will be the same struggle with a goal off Rutherfields arse and a set piece from Pearson and the odd 1 from Young.
Pressures on the new guys and quite rightly as thats why BH recruited them.[/QUOTE]

We're an injury to Pearson away from being in big trouble.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

redtilidie 30th July 2019 18.43:32

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2277413]We're an injury to Pearson away from being in big trouble.

Been the same for two years!

Percy Sugden 30th July 2019 18.46:25

[QUOTE=pagl;2277405]If we stay the same defensively then its about scoring goals.
Pressures on the new guys and quite rightly as thats why BH recruited them.[/QUOTE]

I think we will score more goals. I also think we’ll concede more goals trying to be more effective going forward.

davewilli 30th July 2019 18.47:11

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2277413]We're an injury to Pearson away from being in big trouble.

We should be better equipped this year with Lawlor, Chambers and Barton as backup.

joe 30th July 2019 19.50:15

Disagree. Gone are the days where we’d have Olly Marx stepping in as backup.

Percy Sugden 31st August 2019 19.14:34

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2277273]My prediction with the current team is 12th. If the predictable happens and Hughes is gone by January, we may push up to tenth with a few additions in the transfer window.

I’m really not convinced we have the quality that we started last season with under Ricketts.

Walker has been replaced by Barton, who is at long odd’s at the bookmakers to be even half as good.

Lainton is out injured and Dibble simply isn’t as good.

Summerfield if fit will be useful, but will he be clear of injury for large parts of the season?

Macintosh has everything to prove coming in from on paper is Cyrmu Alliance football.

Can Hooper reproduce his form when he played at Bromley last year? There are mixed opinions on him at every club he’s been at.

Chambers and Bobb have both moved up a division. It’s a big step - will they be good enough in what should be a promotion chasing side? Again there are big doubts....

Could Harris be another young striker to come in and struggle with the physicality of the National League?

All will be revealed Saturday onwards!!!![/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.02:53.