RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Where will our goals come from ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114241-where-will-our-goals-come.html)

Red Light 30th July 2019 14.40:43

Where will our goals come from ?

OK - can't hold back any further - after our poor goals for ratio over the last two season's where do we see our goals coming from ?

Can we score enough to stake a genuine promotion challenge ?

Teams who have often done well have usually had two big contributors from the forward line backed up by a fair spread of goals from other positions including midfield and defence.

I don't see a great change in personnel in the middle of the field so doubt much will change from there.

Make a prediction who you think will end the season as top goal scorer(s).

My options in order are :

JJ Hooper
Leighton McIntosh
Mark Harris
Bobby Grant
Jason Oswell
Shaun Pearson
Devonte Redmond

And can any member of the current first team squad score over 20 goals ?

I have only seen the performance at Cefn Druids - others who have witnessed at first hand the performances of the team in the other pre season freindlies may have formed their own opinions - do we look like we have solved the scoring problem or are we still too lightweight and lack a certain cutting edge in the final third ?

What does everyone think ?

NottsRed 30th July 2019 14.45:18

Re: Where will our goals come from ?

If we are defensively as tight as last season then we would only need 8 - 10 more goals than last season to win the league if results went down a similar path.

Redmond I can see getting a few plus when fit Oswell as well. I can’t see a 20+ scorrer in the squad though.

dixienormous 30th July 2019 14.53:43

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2277325]If we are defensively as tight as last season then we would only need 8 - 10 more goals than last season to win the league if results went down a similar path.

Redmond I can see getting a few plus when fit Oswell as well. I can’t see a 20+ scorrer in the squad though.[/QUOTE]

Hooper

Phils-an-alki 30th July 2019 15.04:03

Oswell and Hooper. Although if style of play is like last two seasons it'll be the same again.

pagl 30th July 2019 16.20:03

Unless they have improved last years crew consist of Pearson and maybe Wright but off the bench. Ruthers can’t score, Oswell has this groin injury but could provide a few.
Grant, Jurys out so hopes are on the new boys.

paddockgraham 30th July 2019 20.53:26

[QUOTE=pagl;2277368]Unless they have improved last years crew consist of Pearson and maybe Wright but off the bench. Ruthers can’t score, Oswell has this groin injury but could provide a few.
Grant, Jurys out so hopes are on the new boys.[/QUOTE]

Oswell had a double inguinal operation, mesh inserted, not a groin injury but it can cause constant, ongoing pain and take over a year to settle sometimes still giving mild pain for life

billybersham 30th July 2019 21.06:15

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2277444]Oswell had a double inguinal operation, mesh inserted, not a groin injury but it can cause constant, ongoing pain and take over a year to settle sometimes still giving mild pain for life[/QUOTE]

Just looking at his wikipedia. page.It says Oswell is a powerful striker with good aerial ability and hold up play,It must have been written in his welsh premier league days.

OneLoveWrexham 30th July 2019 21.08:09

I have been talking to a Grimsby fan whilst I am on holiday and he doesn’t think Hooper will be the man to steer us to promotion.

thedischunter96 30th July 2019 22.47:30

"Workrate" Rutherford or Grant ................:eek:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.45:06.