RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ray Williams (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114247-ray-williams.html)

Windsor Mike 30th July 2019 23.16:06

Ray Williams

Currently in Australia visiting family and whilst on a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast I got chatting to a volunteer working there who turned out to be from North Wales originally, I told him I was a Wrexham fan, he told me he played for the club in the late 60"s & how he recently went back and had a walk around the ground and saw his picture in the boardroom, Ray still talks very fondly about the club and it made my day meeting him, anyone have any memories of him ? He apparently used to be a local PE school teacher as well as playing for the club and his father played for Everton

aussiejackoinsaudi 31st July 2019 01.04:30

Re: Ray Williams

Mike Windsor. Not too far from where I live on Mount Tamborine. Have you managed to get up here?

ozzy red 31st July 2019 02.12:57

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2277477]Currently in Australia visiting family and whilst on a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast I got chatting to a volunteer working there who turned out to be from North Wales originally, I told him I was a Wrexham fan, he told me he played for the club in the late 60"s & how he recently went back and had a walk around the ground and saw his picture in the boardroom, Ray still talks very fondly about the club and it made my day meeting him, anyone have any memories of him ? He apparently used to be a local PE school teacher as well as playing for the club and his father played for Everton[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you're planning a visit to Sydney...

Windsor Mike 31st July 2019 06.16:57

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2277480]Let me know if you're planning a visit to Sydney...[/QUOTE]

Cheers Ozzie will do, I love Sydney might head back for a day or two but most likely to head back to UK from Briery as i"m on an airline staff ticket and planning to go back via Hong Kong

Windsor Mike 31st July 2019 06.21:38

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2277479]Mike Windsor. Not too far from where I live on Mount Tamborine. Have you managed to get up here?[/QUOTE]

Was up there a few years back you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world sir, I'm currently at my sisters in Benowa for a family wedding, the groom used to live your way through.

Windsor Mike 31st July 2019 06.25:18

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2277486]Cheers Ozzie will do, I love Sydney might head back for a day or two but most likely to head back to UK from Briery as i"m on an airline staff ticket and planning to go back via Hong Kong[/QUOTE]

Sorry meant Brizzy not Briery

aussiejackoinsaudi 31st July 2019 06.27:59

More than happy to shout you a beer if you get up here.

Windsor Mike 31st July 2019 06.36:47

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2277490]More than happy to shout you a beer if you get up here.[/QUOTE]

Most kind of you, i"ll see if the groom to be, fancies showing me his old haunts

Red Light 31st July 2019 08.51:52

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2277477]Currently in Australia visiting family and whilst on a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast I got chatting to a volunteer working there who turned out to be from North Wales originally, I told him I was a Wrexham fan, he told me he played for the club in the late 60"s & how he recently went back and had a walk around the ground and saw his picture in the boardroom, Ray still talks very fondly about the club and it made my day meeting him, anyone have any memories of him ? He apparently used to be a local PE school teacher as well as playing for the club and his father played for Everton[/QUOTE]

Slightly before my time - my first memories were of Eddie May and co.

A quick historical trawl has uncovered nothing for me - have you any further information or can you find any ?

More specifics and perhaps accuracy on the name, age, position played, club appearances and playing record at both Wrexham and elsewhere - who was the manager and other team mates at the time ?

Perhaps some supporters older than myself might be able to provide further information - similarly the father playing for Everton - there are a number of players named Williams who played for Everton but no record in the relevant time span.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.41:38.