Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th July 2019, 23.16:06   #1-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: any I can get !!
Twitter: @

Default Ray Williams

Currently in Australia visiting family and whilst on a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast I got chatting to a volunteer working there who turned out to be from North Wales originally, I told him I was a Wrexham fan, he told me he played for the club in the late 60"s & how he recently went back and had a walk around the ground and saw his picture in the boardroom, Ray still talks very fondly about the club and it made my day meeting him, anyone have any memories of him ? He apparently used to be a local PE school teacher as well as playing for the club and his father played for Everton
Old 31st July 2019, 01.04:30   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Ray Williams

Mike Windsor. Not too far from where I live on Mount Tamborine. Have you managed to get up here?
Old 31st July 2019, 02.12:57   #3-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Mike View Post
Currently in Australia visiting family and whilst on a trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast I got chatting to a volunteer working there who turned out to be from North Wales originally, I told him I was a Wrexham fan, he told me he played for the club in the late 60"s & how he recently went back and had a walk around the ground and saw his picture in the boardroom, Ray still talks very fondly about the club and it made my day meeting him, anyone have any memories of him ? He apparently used to be a local PE school teacher as well as playing for the club and his father played for Everton
Let me know if you're planning a visit to Sydney...
Old 31st July 2019, 06.16:57   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
Let me know if you're planning a visit to Sydney...
Cheers Ozzie will do, I love Sydney might head back for a day or two but most likely to head back to UK from Briery as i"m on an airline staff ticket and planning to go back via Hong Kong
Old 31st July 2019, 06.21:38   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejackoinsaudi View Post
Mike Windsor. Not too far from where I live on Mount Tamborine. Have you managed to get up here?
Was up there a few years back you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world sir, I'm currently at my sisters in Benowa for a family wedding, the groom used to live your way through.
Old 31st July 2019, 06.25:18   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Cheers Ozzie will do, I love Sydney might head back for a day or two but most likely to head back to UK from Briery as i"m on an airline staff ticket and planning to go back via Hong Kong
Sorry meant Brizzy not Briery
Old 31st July 2019, 06.27:59   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

More than happy to shout you a beer if you get up here.
Old 31st July 2019, 06.36:47   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejackoinsaudi View Post
More than happy to shout you a beer if you get up here.
Most kind of you, i"ll see if the groom to be, fancies showing me his old haunts
Old 31st July 2019, 08.51:52   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Slightly before my time - my first memories were of Eddie May and co.

A quick historical trawl has uncovered nothing for me - have you any further information or can you find any ?

More specifics and perhaps accuracy on the name, age, position played, club appearances and playing record at both Wrexham and elsewhere - who was the manager and other team mates at the time ?

Perhaps some supporters older than myself might be able to provide further information - similarly the father playing for Everton - there are a number of players named Williams who played for Everton but no record in the relevant time span.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.15:28.