Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st July 2019, 07.18:25   #1-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Barrow visit

Barrow fan in peace again.
May the best team win on Saturday.
You are one of the favourites for promotion (again), and perhaps with justification.
We are just ignored....
We’ve gone well in pre-season, which doesn’t mean a lot, but we have a much better squad, with some very good signings, and we looked strong, fit and well organised against Sheffield Utd u23’s at the weekend.
Repeat, may the best team win, and I hope you have a good season (but not at our expense of course!)
Old 31st July 2019, 07.34:41   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowblue View Post
Barrow fan in peace again.
May the best team win on Saturday.
You are one of the favourites for promotion (again), and perhaps with justification.
We are just ignored....
We’ve gone well in pre-season, which doesn’t mean a lot, but we have a much better squad, with some very good signings, and we looked strong, fit and well organised against Sheffield Utd u23’s at the weekend.
Repeat, may the best team win, and I hope you have a good season (but not at our expense of course!)
Your win here last season was a major set-back for us. Unsure whether it was a fluke or you were deservedly better.

We have made some significant changes as our unproven manager attempts to bring pace and a more attacking style to our game, whilst hopefully keeping a solid defence.

Only seen one pre-season game so cannot comment on how we will play. But there is always a high expectation on Day One, so there should be over 5,000 to hopefully see a good game of football. The NL is a marathon, not a sprint, but I hope we get off to a good start. Ideally, I would have preferred an easier start but, as we all know, there are no ‘easy games’ in this hell-hole.

Will our confidence be so high come 5 o’clock? Hope so! Enjoy the journey to North Wales.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 31st July 2019, 08.17:34   #3-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

The fixture list hasn’t been kind to barrow. Had this game been on a Tuesday between November and March, I’d put my house on them turning us over!

Who have Barrow signed who’s any good? They’ve lost their left back to Salford, Dan Jones, who’s always played well against us. I’m surprised we didn’t sign him on that basis.
Old 31st July 2019, 08.37:33   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
The fixture list hasn’t been kind to barrow. Had this game been on a Tuesday between November and March, I’d put my house on them turning us over!

Who have Barrow signed who’s any good? They’ve lost their left back to Salford, Dan Jones, who’s always played well against us. I’m surprised we didn’t sign him on that basis.
They have given Quigley a 3 year deal which is a big risk in my opinion.
Old 31st July 2019, 08.41:25   #5-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Les.
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
They have given Quigley a 3 year deal which is a big risk in my opinion.
Do you know if he's fit for Saturday?
Old 31st July 2019, 09.13:35   #6-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Dugout
Real Name:
Twitter: @caronpugh





Default Re: Barrow visit

Are we playing Barrow this Saturday? There seem to be little interest up in Cumbria, no mention of numbers travelling, coaches organised, or even the match itself. Considering its the season's opening match, local to them, and how well they always play here, remember last season's 3-0 win, and a late goal in a 3-3 thriller, that's a bit surprising. Still, roll on Saturday, and hopefully we can start the season with a win, before two tricky long away trips.
Old 31st July 2019, 09.28:33   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYLRED View Post
Do you know if he's fit for Saturday?
Reported he limped off in one of Barrows pre season games two weeks ago. If its his hamstring then I doubt he will be fit. If he plays you know hes odds on to score against us.
Old 31st July 2019, 09.32:19   #8-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Les.
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Reported he limped off in one of Barrows pre season games two weeks ago. If its his hamstring then I doubt he will be fit. If he plays you know hes odds on to score against us.
That's what I was thinking, we do like to give ex players a goal or 3.
Old 31st July 2019, 10.37:18   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Real Name: andy
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYLRED View Post
Do you know if he's fit for Saturday?
Quigley played in their last friendly v sheffd utd under 23s
Old 31st July 2019, 22.06:53   #10-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Barrow visit

Quigley wasn't bad in Sheffield Utd game, but did limp off, so don’t know if he’ll be fit.
We have much more pace in the side than last year, and play the ball on the floor.
By comparison to big sides (like you) we have a tiny budget, so no big names.
We’ll bring about 300 supporters who will sing and chant throughout.
Hope it’s a good game, and as I said before, may the best team win.....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.17:17.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12