RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Notts Count game, things to do in Nottingham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114250-notts-count-game-things-do-nottingham.html)

Red Light 7th August 2019 22.50:41

Re: Notts Count game, things to do in Nottingham

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2279655]Behind the goal in the Jimmy Sirrel Stand. From what i remember it holds a fair amount of nearly 6K.[/QUOTE]

When we used to visit Meadow Lane in our league days we were indeed allocated in the stand behind the goal and directly opposite the home end kop - however that changed some years ago and I have just checked.

Away supporters are allocated to the Jimmy Sirrel Stand - but this stand is not behind the goal - it runs alongside the length of the pitch and faces the main stand - normally this stand is segregated with away support housed in the side nearest London Road backing onto the old Cattle market (if its still there).
Not sure what the initial allocation is - 1300 has been mentioned - maybe they will allocate the whole stand or extra blocks - may be dependent on NC season ticket holders possibly having to be relocated - the stadium is certainly big enough. I think from memory we took about 1600 to Solihull and Chesterfield so may need to plan along those figures - I don't envisage any problems in them coping with numbers - they will be use to receiving substantial away followings - Mansfield Town and Chesterfield in recent seasons would have taken big followings.

Superunknown 8th August 2019 09.37:53

Looks like East Midlands Trains are on strike on the Saturday, train tickets showing as not available to buy for me on Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else seen this?

Vorporix 8th August 2019 09.43:52

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2279724]Looks like East Midlands Trains are on strike on the Saturday, train tickets showing as not available to buy for me on Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else seen this?[/QUOTE]

Showing as available on the Sunday when I looked on National Rail Enquiries?

Superunknown 8th August 2019 09.47:16

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2279725]Showing as available on the Sunday when I looked on National Rail Enquiries?[/QUOTE]

Weird, on desktop on the trainline website it's showing as nothing available to buy.

Vorporix 8th August 2019 10.11:47

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2279727]Weird, on desktop on the trainline website it's showing as nothing available to buy.[/QUOTE]

Showing as available but I have not tried to buy one so perhaps it might flag up as unavailable when I do ......

Superunknown 8th August 2019 10.20:55

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2279732]Showing as available but I have not tried to buy one so perhaps it might flag up as unavailable when I do ......[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went on my phone and it seems I can buy but looks like there's going to be disruption on the Saturday but there's no final revised timetable out yet, just to be aware.

Vorporix 8th August 2019 12.15:01

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2279734]Yeah I went on my phone and it seems I can buy but looks like there's going to be disruption on the Saturday but there's no final revised timetable out yet, just to be aware.[/QUOTE]

Thanks S............

Brinster 9th August 2019 15.07:25

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2279732]Showing as available but I have not tried to buy one so perhaps it might flag up as unavailable when I do ......[/QUOTE]

The RMT union have announced their intent to carry out industrial action on Saturday 17th August.

Shouldn't be any problems on match day.

Superunknown 9th August 2019 15.21:32

[QUOTE=Brinster;2279922]The RMT union have announced their intent to carry out industrial action on Saturday 17th August.

Shouldn't be any problems on match day.[/QUOTE]

A lot going down on the Saturday and staying over so potentially an issue.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.14:36.