RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bootlegger is back (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114266-bootlegger-back.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 4th August 2019 08.43:23

Re: Bootlegger is back

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2278574]Dont let the media team ruin his videos. He's UK famous now.[/QUOTE]

He's gone global, if the club plays it's cards right it could be lucrative for both parties.

Hightown Brymbo Red 4th August 2019 10.08:08

Couldn't bootlegger become part of the media team ? That would be win win surely?

Red Light 4th August 2019 10.26:38

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2278578]With YouTube he is able to use footage for commentary and parody purposes under fair use. As long as he only used short clips of actual game play he shouldn’t have a problem.[/QUOTE]

Not sure - how do you define 'short clips' of game time ?

I watched BT Sport Vanarama highlights show last night - the Wrexham coverage I would describe as short clips of the goals - if a supporter was to do the same or a highlight package then surely isn't this what they want to stop ?

Teenagers or Bootlegger recording match clips and sharing them on youtube for no financial gain simply to share with friends and other supporters appears to be now being cracked down on.

thedischunter96 4th August 2019 10.38:20

[QUOTE=Red Light;2278612]Not sure - how do you define 'short clips' of game time ?

I watched BT Sport Vanarama highlights show last night - the Wrexham coverage I would describe as short clips of the goals - if a supporter was to do the same or a highlight package then surely isn't this what they want to stop ?

Teenagers or Bootlegger recording match clips and sharing them on youtube for no financial gain simply to share with friends and other supporters appears to be now being cracked down on.[/QUOTE]

Its a copyright infringement. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that BT own the rights to show a National league game every week and the highlights on a Saturday evening. Therefore, when the video is uploaded to youtube, by Bootlegger etc, he is passing the "highlights" (even if its only snippets) as his own. Most fans I watch on youtube from other teams usually film themselves and the crowd only. When they did film the match, their video got taken down.

rob_1072 4th August 2019 10.58:22

[QUOTE=Red Light;2278612]Not sure - how do you define 'short clips' of game time ?

Teenagers or Bootlegger recording match clips and sharing them on youtube for no financial gain simply to share with friends and other supporters appears to be now being cracked down on.[/QUOTE]

I suppose everyone has their own definition but I would say 10-20 secs of actual gameplay per clip. Adding to this he credits the national league and BT sport and links to their own highlights page in the video description.

Let’s face it he is the draw not the match footage otherwise Wrexham fc channel would have more than 6k subs so having only a small amount of footage shouldn’t damage his views.

Rob 4th August 2019 11.33:21

Get him in doing a review of the hospitality !

Media Team 4th August 2019 13.05:27

I believe a member of the media team did speak to Karl yesterday, not just about the videos, but it came up during a normal conversation.

To clear this up; it's not the club or the media team who will take issue if he uploads match action, it's the league. The member of the media team, in a friendly manner, took it upon himself (without my or the club's knowledge) to advise Karl about it. To be fair, the media team member was buzzing Karl was back and his intentions were well meaning.

Personally, I wouldn't have got involved and would have left the league and Karl to sort it out, if it indeed came to that or they choose to do so.

The league own the rights to all recordings of any competition match footage and may choose to monetise Karl's videos themselves or issue copyright strikes. That's not for us to decide even if we wanted to, as the National League own the rights. They may do that via the YouTube channel (which the have rights over) or other means.

The ground regulations of the National League, issued by the league to all clubs, can be found here: [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/club/ground-regulations[/url]

There are a few sections about recording within the stadium. It basically says you can record on mobile devices as long as you don't transmit it or upload it. it also says you can't bring recording devices in to the stadium, even though everyone probably brings in a phone that can! It very messy due to the way social media works these days and is unfortunately left for the clubs to police on match days. It's up to the league to decide what happens once it's been uploaded.

On a personal note; I think Karl is a great bloke who has personally gone out of his way to help me with some things in the past. It's not about views or clicks as someone alluded to earlier, because the media team offer completely different content, as far as I'm concerned it's none of the media team's business what he does. If the club choose to stop recording devices being allowed in to the stadium, it's a stewarding issue & if the league take issue over rights, it's a league issue.

Carl

dagg 4th August 2019 13.25:45

There is a young lad on devachat who used to do it, and he has been warned.

Vambo 4th August 2019 13.35:05

I thought it interesting that the new EE advert for 5g shows fans streaming games for mates.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.25:57.