RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Bootlegger is back (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114266-bootlegger-back.html)

Jaded 4th August 2019 14.37:16

Re: Bootlegger is back

[QUOTE=Media Team;2278639]I believe a member of the media team did speak to Karl yesterday, not just about the videos, but it came up during a normal conversation.

To clear this up; it's not the club or the media team who will take issue if he uploads match action, it's the league. The member of the media team, in a friendly manner, took it upon himself (without my or the club's knowledge) to advise Karl about it. To be fair, the media team member was buzzing Karl was back and his intentions were well meaning.

Personally, I wouldn't have got involved and would have left the league and Karl to sort it out, if it indeed came to that or they choose to do so.

The league own the rights to all recordings of any competition match footage and may choose to monetise Karl's videos themselves or issue copyright strikes. That's not for us to decide even if we wanted to, as the National League own the rights. They may do that via the YouTube channel (which the have rights over) or other means.

The ground regulations of the National League, issued by the league to all clubs, can be found here: [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/club/ground-regulations[/url]

There are a few sections about recording within the stadium. It basically says you can record on mobile devices as long as you don't transmit it or upload it. it also says you can't bring recording devices in to the stadium, even though everyone probably brings in a phone that can! It very messy due to the way social media works these days and is unfortunately left for the clubs to police on match days. It's up to the league to decide what happens once it's been uploaded.

On a personal note; I think Karl is a great bloke who has personally gone out of his way to help me with some things in the past. It's not about views or clicks as someone alluded to earlier, because the media team offer completely different content, as far as I'm concerned it's none of the media team's business what he does. If the club choose to stop recording devices being allowed in to the stadium, it's a stewarding issue & if the league take issue over rights, it's a league issue.

Carl[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up Carl.

andy buckley 4th August 2019 15.04:22

Anyone know how much the bucket collection for the media team raised yesterday

stevewxm 4th August 2019 18.19:53

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2278649]Anyone know how much the bucket collection for the media team raised yesterday[/QUOTE]

Can the next collection be for a new tannoy system it was awful.

Redordead 4th August 2019 18.47:53

[QUOTE=stevewxm;2278680]Can the next collection be for a new tannoy system it was awful.[/QUOTE]

Dire in the Yale towards the Kop.

dlrwrexham 4th August 2019 18.57:41

[QUOTE=Red Light;2278553]This

Makes me sick to the core.

Bootlegger is not the only one - others also have been warned over the copyright issue - it's bizzare that genuine fans who used to film video clips and publish them for fellow supporters thereby giving good publicity and spreading the gospel to fellow fans throughout the world who can't attend matches are warned / prevented.

In all honesty what is the club worried about ?

Bootlegger is head and shoulders above anything else we have - he should be encouraged not thwarted.[/QUOTE]

This.It's clearly not just an issue with BT's highlights package.A young lad from another club (can't remember his name or club),was warned (by WAFC)for posting his away day vlog,when he made the trip to our place last season. To say that his brief,and quite erratic clips of the action were any kind of a commercial threat to any BT,or even WAFC highlights was laughable.

Inside Left 4th August 2019 19.10:39

The Football Conference are a bunch of jumped up *******'s as some Wrexham fans know from past experience.

wreck's 'em 4th August 2019 20.34:54

The stuff he was contributing from his kitchen was off the scale!!!

Superunknown 4th August 2019 20.40:50

[QUOTE=wreck's 'em;2278710]The stuff he was contributing from his kitchen was off the scale!!![/QUOTE]

The Ouzo video is a personal favourite.

Lets Av A Riot 4th August 2019 21.26:54

i personally am not a fan of his videos.. but they do seem to be very popular amongst majority of fans.. and somekind of official vids from him for the club may make some money for both parties... behind the scenes kind of stuff.

youtube videos can be big big money if done right. so could be something of a collaberation for the club :)

as for the TV rights.. yes the TV companies etc and League suck. but they pay millions for their rights to own footage so cant really blame em.. as for all of us in our lives every penny counts.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.09:09.