RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Music (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114274-music.html)

Cookie 5th August 2019 10.12:06

Music

I usually go to the Cent before the match and get into the ground just in time for kick off. On Saturday I decided to go in a bit earlier and soak up a bit of the atmosphere with it being the first game of the season.

When I got to my seat I could see that the fans in the ERS were singing but couldn't for the life of me here what they were saying!!
Why on earth do they need to play the Stereophonics greatest hits so loud?

I know I'm not the only person who thought this because others were saying the same around me.

Willywill 5th August 2019 10.51:12

Re: Music

I sit in the Yale Stand Centre. I struggled for clarity with all of the announcements on Saturday. Have the speakers been tinkered with? Very loud, but hard to decifer.

Phils-an-alki 5th August 2019 11.08:26

[QUOTE=Willywill;2278761]I sit in the Yale Stand Centre. I struggled for clarity with all of the announcements on Saturday. Have the speakers been tinkered with? Very loud, but hard to decifer.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hear a thing re the announcements in the mold road stand either. Dreadful. The guy speaks way too fast which doesn't help either, mumbling along as if he can't wait to get it over with.
God help us if they ever for example have to evacuate the stadium in an emergency, no one would know what the hell was being said.

noisy1 5th August 2019 11.12:32

Couldn't understand a word he was saying, the tannoy system is pants!

Hawarden Red10 5th August 2019 11.16:33

The music volume isn't an issue, it's the right volume in my opinion. But the stadium announcer was rubbish even before the tannoy issue on Saturday, mumbling all the time and cringeworthy at times. The lad who reads the welsh announcements sounds far better.

Phils-an-alki 5th August 2019 11.27:22

Do we have to go to an WST meeting and say these things in person or will it be ok to discuss it on here?
Can someone let me know please, thanks.

Deich 5th August 2019 12.08:27

[QUOTE=Willywill;2278761]I sit in the Yale Stand Centre. I struggled for clarity with all of the announcements on Saturday. Have the speakers been tinkered with? Very loud, but hard to decifer.[/QUOTE]

Yes no point in having them as I could also not understand what they were saying.
When they were announcing the teams for the Crewe friendly about 20-30 mins before kick off they were very clear in the MRS.
By the time that the teams came out some gremlins had gotten ito the system and they became CRAP. That's where they were at on Saturday.
For our enjoyment please sort them out before the Halifax game.

Corner Flag 5th August 2019 12.11:45

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2278770]Do we have to go to an WST meeting and say these things in person or will it be ok to discuss it on here?
Can someone let me know please, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Been like this for years and little get s done but I hear hat the system in the Yale stand is fine ro us plebs will just have to grin and bear it !
What exactly does the stadium manager do as there were so many complaints regarding tv's not working etc ?

Roly Ugolini 5th August 2019 12.33:36

I am sorry but the clarity of the announcer is not good enough.
Chris Mallaband was ideal but he now does radio work and that explains why, in my opinion, he was so good.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.20:24.