Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th August 2019, 21.02:02   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Boreham Wood (A 2-2) Reaction

When we learn to kill games off we'll be a force this year, a real threat. We have potentially three or four players who could score 15+
Old 6th August 2019, 21.04:26   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Boreham Wood Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Well we made a start by going 2-0 up. Last season we would have lost 2-1 as we would be lucky to score 1 never-mind 2!!
With 1 automatic place up for grabs you've got to be ultra ruthless.

This needs to be a one off as in conceding 2 goals in the last 10 mins of a game.

Not acceptable if we want to win this league
Old 6th August 2019, 21.12:05   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Its definitely 2 points dropped and maybe BH is at fault for his substitutions but it wasnt one of those games we were obviously under the cosh. They didn't really look like scoring which sounds daft when you think they scored 2.

A weird end really the fans and players looked as shocked as each other that it'd happened. I've seen many Wrexhan capitulations over the years but this felt a bit different
Old 6th August 2019, 21.13:44   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

Let’s hope 2pts don’t have any importance come end of the season
Old 6th August 2019, 21.15:50   #35-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Boreham Wood Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
Not really, we are playing the polar opposite to last season.
But with pretty much the same midfield which was our main problem last season...

Iím not disheartened by a point on the road tonight but amazed by the lack of activity in midfield.
Old 6th August 2019, 21.21:45   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Its definitely 2 points dropped and maybe BH is at fault for his substitutions but it wasnt one of those games we were obviously under the cosh. They didn't really look like scoring which sounds daft when you think they scored 2.

A weird end really the fans and players looked as shocked as each other that it'd happened. I've seen many Wrexhan capitulations over the years but this felt a bit different
Iíd agree. I think BH thinking behind the substitution is that by putting on a defender we would naturally sit deeper and invite pressure. We sounded comfortable so why change anything dramatically. Unfortunately itís one of those that has backfired and I wouldnít be too harsh on the management as they seem to be getting most of the decisions right on a whole. At this stage of the season Iím more pleased about the way we are playing, the points will come if we keep that up. Disappointed to lose 2pts mind.
Old 6th August 2019, 21.29:18   #37-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

gutted bloody gutted
Old 6th August 2019, 21.36:56   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold rd

Just got back as working nearby at the moment

Very frustrated that we didnít see it out, but I thought as an offensive unit we were much much better than last year. Grant is a different player, Harris has real pace and JJ is a monster. Also a special word for Luke Young who I thought was outstanding.

Early days but I do wonder that if Chambers is any good he will be in for Lawlor sooner rather than later.

Not much to fault team wise other than 2 lapses in concentration
Old 6th August 2019, 21.40:43   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mainly go to away games

We played very well tonight and four points from the first two games is good .

It was disappointing to concede twice in the last 10 minutes but they did create a lot of chances and perhaps they should have scored earlier . The football was great to watch and if a team attacks they will always give the opposition chances . So if we want attacking football we canít expect to be solid at the back . Hopefully as the team begins to gel we will become more experienced at managing a game out .

Grant was the best player on the pitch . His touch , vision and quick feet are a level above the rest . He is our best player by far and we need to keep
him . If there were any scouts from L1 or L2 at tonightís game , it wouldnít surprise me if a bid from a league club was made for him before the transfer window closed.

In summary , great football to watch and loads of positives to look forward to for the rest of the season
Old 6th August 2019, 21.43:23   #40-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: tec end

Yup gutted, just like everyone. Still , no comparison , in my view , with dross we had to watch last season. Some really good creative attacking play, exciting to watch - much better squad and some classy new players in hooper, harris and a reinvented grant. 2pts dropped but hopefully we learn from this
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.57:41.