Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th August 2019, 07.38:25   #64-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Boreham Wood (A 2-2) Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Krux - Chambers for Lawlor might have improved the back 4 and McIntosh instead of Ruthers a much better option.
I presumed calls for Chambers were for him to be an additional defender?

I'm not sure changing a centre half for another is a good idea unless he is injured, as it unsettles the foundation of the defence. LAwlor would be settled but it would take time for Chambers to do so. This is fine in other areas of the pitch, but not in the back four and especially not the centre backs.

You rarely see fresh legs brought on at centre back.

At the moment there is no basis for McIntosh being better than Ruthers.
Old 7th August 2019, 07.39:31   #65-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Bit OTT the reaction. If we want to go more attacking which BH has then its unlikely its all going to click two games in. Cut him some slack here, he's trying to do what everyone was screaming for last season and its already started to work, this should be just a blip.

Bringing on subs can disrupt as much as it can help, can go either way. More blame should go (if anywhere, we didn't lose remember) to the players on the pitch rather than a manager on the side lines in my opinion.
Old 7th August 2019, 07.43:44   #66-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I don’t think Lawlor was as bad as many have made out and you don’t really sub off a centre half mid game unless they’re injured or having an absolute mare. Macintosh for Rutherford maybe but that would have been an extra attacking player and then it leaves us even more open potentially.

Chambers on and 3 at the back maybe but it could have invited more pressure and upset our balance even more. You can criticise with the benefit of hindsight I guess but as someone who was there the lack of subs wasn’t an obvious cock Up.

The sub we should have made was a DM for Redmond but sadly Barton wasn’t on the bench for whatever reason.

I’m still gutted and annoyed we’ve dropped 2 points (and that I then got drenched leaving the ground!) but I don’t think football is this simple game we all like to think it is when obviously action a would have had result b.
Posted via mobile theme
I tend to agree with that. The best way to strengthen us defensively without reducing the game to a siege is probably to make the midfield more defensive.
Old 7th August 2019, 07.44:34   #67-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Bit OTT the reaction. If we want to go more attacking which BH has then its unlikely its all going to click two games in. Cut him some slack here, he's trying to do what everyone was screaming for last season and its already started to work, this should be just a blip.

Bringing on subs can disrupt as much as it can help, can go either way. More blame should go (if anywhere, we didn't lose remember) to the players on the pitch rather than a manager on the side lines in my opinion.
I agree.
Old 7th August 2019, 07.46:35   #68-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post

Absolutely Loughborough Red who was there ,told me were within an inch of going three up but for worldy save from the goalie. I very much doubt we will get any where near the clean sheets of last season but we're going to be entertained and successful.
Old 7th August 2019, 07.48:13   #69-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Default Re: Boreham Wood Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
A blind man could see it coming and what substitutions did he make?
He was responsible for putting out a team that were 2-0 up
Which you ignore and only focus on the negative ... must be a Welsh thing 🤷*♂️
Old 7th August 2019, 07.48:31   #70-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

As usual it is easy in hindsight and maybe BH got it right on Saturday but got it wrong last night, but these things happen.

No NL away game is easy and if they can't out play you they will throw the kitchen sink at you and sometimes it comes off for them. It sounded like we should have gone 3 up before they scored and psychologically it gets into players minds that a game is won and they stop doing the things that controlled the game.

I thought against Crewe this team wasn't ready to hit the ground running, but in parts they have exceeded my expectations and have demonstrated BH has improved us as an attacking threat and with a few games under their belts we should see that being turned into a winning formula.

Last edited by davewilli; 7th August 2019 at 07.52:29..
Old 7th August 2019, 08.06:41   #71-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

He could have brought Chambers on and still concede a goal then it would have been he’s gone to defensive.

Positive performance up to the 83rd minute
Old 7th August 2019, 08.07:33   #72-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegatered View Post
Absolutely Loughborough Red who was there ,told me were within an inch of going three up but for worldy save from the goalie. I very much doubt we will get any where near the clean sheets of last season but we're going to be entertained and successful.
Really enjoyed the game. End to end stuff and we should have put it to bed.
Sh1t happens, Only mistake Carra made all game, got done by the winger who crossed low and hard for their first goal.
Couple of Ricochets in the box and they got the second. Their subs did what they get paid for.
Might have been different if we'd had an extra defender to see the game out as the way they played the last 15 minutes negated any midfield action.
A few panic clearances which inevitably went straight to their men and came straight back didn't help. Got to be more confident with the ball and hold it to see the game out.
2 games in and I believe we've a real chance this year. Our midfield played well and ran the game for 75 minutes. We should possibly have scored a couple more but there were chances both ends.
Disappointed to drop 2 points but the team generally played well and we look far more entertaining and constructive.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.07:59.