RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Thank You for a fantastic Donation (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114287-thank-you-fantastic-donation.html)

Official DLO 8th August 2019 08.27:54

Thank You for a fantastic Donation

3 Attachment(s)
At the recent Wrexham AFC Open Day a couple approached me wanting to make a donation. They had filled a whiskey bottle Full of coins.

I called to collect the donation and spent the afternoon counting money. I was absolutely blown away when we had the final count. I can't thank Pete and Deb Jones enough for such a massive donation which totalled an outstanding
£565.43 !!

I was completely overwhelmed by their kindness, in making such a large donation. The money will help me to keep making a positive difference within our club, help like this means the world to me, I am humbled by the incredible support I receive from fans..
Thank you so much to you both, I really am truly grateful for your kindness,

stevewxm 8th August 2019 11.31:41

Re: Thank You for a fantastic Donation

Wow thats amazing !!

Wrexy 8th August 2019 12.07:39

Absolutely great gesture!!!!

But if it was me I'd be kicking myself - never would have thought a bottle's worth of loose change could have so much in there. My Gran used to do the same and would get about £60 once full!

RED2309 8th August 2019 12.16:41

[QUOTE=Official DLO;2279711]At the recent Wrexham AFC Open Day a couple approached me wanting to make a donation. They had filled a whiskey bottle Full of coins.

I called to collect the donation and spent the afternoon counting money. I was absolutely blown away when we had the final count. I can't thank Pete and Deb Jones enough for such a massive donation which totalled an outstanding
£565.43 !!

I was completely overwhelmed by their kindness, in making such a large donation. The money will help me to keep making a positive difference within our club, help like this means the world to me, I am humbled by the incredible support I receive from fans..
Thank you so much to you both, I really am truly grateful for your kindness,[/QUOTE]

A brilliant gesture.

If you get another one find somebody with a HSBC account as in the Wrexham branch they have a coin counter machine that doesn't take a % and pays the amount into a HSBC account straight away.:)

Always The Kop 8th August 2019 12.28:53

[QUOTE=RED2309;2279744]A brilliant gesture.

If you get another one find somebody with a HSBC account as in the Wrexham branch they have a coin counter machine that doesn't take a % and pays the amount into a HSBC account straight away.:)[/QUOTE]

Natwest have the same, save hours of counting Kerry, if ever you obtain lots of change like that again.

Paul

Birdy 8th August 2019 12.32:00

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2279745]Natwest have the same, save hours of counting Kerry, if ever you obtain lots of change like that again.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Its all part of the fun though.

WrexhamO 8th August 2019 12.34:33

Wonderful stuff!!

Huffy 8th August 2019 12.45:43

Excellent !!! :coolgleamA:

RED2309 8th August 2019 13.03:35

[QUOTE=Birdy;2279747]Its all part of the fun though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe but you still have to take them to the bank after bagging it all up!:confused:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.46:52.