RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Hospitality Wrexham v Halifax Town (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114288-hospitality-wrexham-v-halifax-town.html)

wafc1926 8th August 2019 09.44:47

Hospitality Wrexham v Halifax Town

On Official Site. Pity they got the date wrong. Tuesday August 10th. :eek:

harrye53 8th August 2019 11.16:29

Re: Hospitality Wrexham v Halifax Town

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2279726]On Official Site. Pity they got the date wrong. Tuesday August 10th. :eek:[/QUOTE]
Thanks Dave.
Would it not be easier just to let the club know ? In process of changing.
Geoff

KingConnolly 8th August 2019 11.26:00

[QUOTE=harrye53;2279737]Thanks Dave.
Geoff[/QUOTE]

Well said Geoff

Inside Left 8th August 2019 14.22:20

Geoff[/QUOTE]

You are the club Harry :) Thanks to eagle eyed Dave again.

andy buckley 8th August 2019 19.38:33

Perhaps we should have a sticky thread called things wrong with the club ie catering, ticket prices, names and bird shit on seat etc and then Geoff or matt etc can check it each day for jobs to be done

aussiejackoinsaudi 8th August 2019 20.50:43

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2279788]Perhaps we should have a sticky thread called things wrong with the club ie catering, ticket prices, names and bird shit on seat etc and then Geoff or matt etc can check it each day for jobs to be done[/QUOTE]

The problem appears to be that nobody is checking these things.

Inside Left 8th August 2019 21.21:22

I always thought WFC would be a good member of any Trust board. Even if you disagree with him on some issues he calls it as he sees it.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th August 2019 08.54:50

Although they are small and minor issues there do seem to have been a few of them lately! Hopefully its just new season hiccups.

FieldtownRed 9th August 2019 10.20:50

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2279788]Perhaps we should have a sticky thread called things wrong with the club ie catering, ticket prices, names and bird shit on seat etc and then Geoff or matt etc can check it each day for jobs to be done[/QUOTE]

Or maybe people could just contact the Geoff and/or the club directly and cut out the middle man?

dagg 9th August 2019 10.45:26

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2279853]Or maybe people could just contact the Geoff and/or the club directly and cut out the middle man?[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Inside Left 9th August 2019 11.23:39

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2279853]Or maybe people could just contact the Geoff and/or the club directly and cut out the middle man?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with having a 'debate' here but also have such matters as an agenda item at a WST Forum.

FieldtownRed 9th August 2019 11.46:08

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2279872]Nothing wrong with having a 'debate' here but also have such matters as an agenda item at a WST Forum.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure why you'd need a debate about a date on the club's website being wrong but each to their own I guess.

Some people like a debate about an "issue", some people would rather resolve it. Again, each to their own.

Carry on.

Inside Left 9th August 2019 12.03:25

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2279879]Not quite sure why you'd need a debate about a date on the club's website being wrong but each to their own I guess.

Some people like a debate about an "issue", some people would rather resolve it. Again, each to their own.

Carry on.[/QUOTE]

Suggesting matters relating to the stadium or any other business cannot be raised and debated at a members meeting?

FieldtownRed 9th August 2019 12.27:18

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2279881]Suggesting matters relating to the stadium or any other business cannot be raised and debated at a members meeting?[/QUOTE]

We're talking about a single date on the club website.

Ah jeez, I wish I hadn't commented now.

Media Team 9th August 2019 12.40:34

I'm sorry I got the date wrong on this article, no excuse but I was dealing with a lot of Dover admin at the time and mixed the dates while in auto-pilot.

Although, it was only a minor issue really and human error may happen from time to time. It's just one of those things and we've all been there!

If you do spot any such errors in the future - my email address is on the club website, just drop me a message & I'll sort it out straight away. Contacting me directly will resolve the issue a lot quicker than posting on red passion.

Carl

FieldtownRed 9th August 2019 12.46:45

[QUOTE=Media Team;2279889]I'm sorry I got the date wrong on this article, no excuse but I was dealing with a lot of Dover admin at the time and mixed the dates while in auto-pilot.

Although, it was only a minor issue really and human error may happen from time to time. It's just one of those things and we've all been there!

If you do spot any such errors in the future - my email address is on the club website, just drop me a message & I'll sort it out straight away. Contacting me directly will resolve the issue a lot quicker than posting on red passion.

Carl[/QUOTE]

Amen!

andy buckley 9th August 2019 13.49:23

Originally Posted by andy buckley
Perhaps we should have a sticky thread called things wrong with the club ie catering, ticket prices, names and bird shit on seat etc and then Geoff or matt etc can check it each day for jobs to be done

Thanks I have now removed my tongue from my cheek :)

Inside Left 9th August 2019 13.58:20

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2279890]Amen![/QUOTE]

Hallelujah as they say where i come from. :)

Oldfan 9th August 2019 14.04:42

Any comment from the OP? Or is this just another hit and run exercise which he seems to revel in, never any postings of compliments to the club. I know that when ever I've had something to moan about, I've gone directly to the club, and that moan has been taken on board and put to bed. But then again, I'm not one who needs a platform to show the club in bad light at every opportunity.

Phils-an-alki 9th August 2019 14.06:13

[quote=oldfan;2279906]any comment from the op? Or is this just another hit and run exercise which he seems to revel in, never any postings of compliments to the club. I know that when ever i've had something to moan about, i've gone directly to the club, and that moan has been taken on board and put to bed. But then again, i'm not one who needs a platform to show the club in bad light at every opportunity.[/quote]

Hero.

Ddraigoch 9th August 2019 14.18:38

...and there was me thinking this was a message board!!

Ooh aah Paskin 9th August 2019 14.50:04

Don't be daft, people can't post opinions on here unless its the desired opinion! ;)

wafc1926 9th August 2019 15.06:55

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2279906]Any comment from the OP? Or is this just another hit and run exercise which he seems to revel in, never any postings of compliments to the club. I know that when ever I've had something to moan about, I've gone directly to the club, and that moan has been taken on board and put to bed. But then again, I'm not one who needs a platform to show the club in bad light at every opportunity.[/QUOTE]
My previous post was one praising the staff in the Club Shop! It would be a shame if , instead of debating issues like the second DSA platform, a lack of democracy in WST , and financially backing the Vaughans at Bangor etc , Red Passion was to become a hand-clapping festival. This wrong-date error is trivial but funny at the same time. Sorry if you are offended by people expressing honestly held personal views but been doing that for over 65 years of following Wrexham AFC.

Prodigal Dragon 9th August 2019 15.51:58

[QUOTE=Media Team;2279889]I'm sorry I got the date wrong on this article, no excuse but I was dealing with a lot of Dover admin at the time and mixed the dates while in auto-pilot.

Carl[/QUOTE]

Thanks. May I suggest you have someone else check stuff before it's released. Been there before, myself, and know how easy it is to become distracted.

Prodigal Dragon 9th August 2019 15.53:12

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2279918]Don't be daft, people can't post opinions on here unless its the desired opinion! ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh no they can't!

Oldfan 9th August 2019 17.36:33

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2279921]My previous post was one praising the staff in the Club Shop! It would be a shame if , instead of debating issues like the second DSA platform, a lack of democracy in WST , and financially backing the Vaughans at Bangor etc , Red Passion was to become a hand-clapping festival. This wrong-date error is trivial but funny at the same time. Sorry if you are offended by people expressing honestly held personal views but been doing that for over 65 years of following Wrexham AFC.[/QUOTE]

Apologies for having my own opinion that goes against the general club knocking that is a very large percentage of the postings on here. Hand clapping? If you say so.

On a more important matter, which seems to have gone very quiet due to the spectacular failing to get a date right, as a representative of the FPA, do you have any update on how the fundraising for Gareth's operation went?

wafc1926 9th August 2019 19.07:19

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2279951]

On a more important matter, which seems to have gone very quiet due to the spectacular failing to get a date right, as a representative of the FPA, do you have any update on how the fundraising for Gareth's operation went?[/QUOTE]
Both the Facebook fundraising (organised by Gareth's son-in-law) and the bucket collection went very well. A major plus has been the PFA decision to donate a sizeable sum. We anticipate discussing the next steps with Gareth's family at our next FPA meeting on August 15th. It goes without saying that we are all extremely grateful for the support given to Gareth from Wrexham fans. Thank you for asking.

draigwrecsam 9th August 2019 23.29:18

Geoff[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Instead of broadcasting an error to (on average) 250 RP fans, why not let the club know there is a typographical error?

Thank the Lord you don't review "Like for Like", I have enough problems with Hammy!! :D :D :D

draigwrecsam 9th August 2019 23.32:31

This. Why should Geoff have to scour RP to see if there is a problem, when a simple email to him would get it addressed?

Funny_Old_Game 10th August 2019 07.05:36

Thank god this has been resolved. Couldn’t sleep last night worrying about it.

Oldfan 10th August 2019 09.56:18

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2279965]Both the Facebook fundraising (organised by Gareth's son-in-law) and the bucket collection went very well. A major plus has been the PFA decision to donate a sizeable sum. We anticipate discussing the next steps with Gareth's family at our next FPA meeting on August 15th. It goes without saying that we are all extremely grateful for the support given to Gareth from Wrexham fans. Thank you for asking.[/QUOTE]

Well done, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep us updated on progress? Gareth has always been an admirable ambassador for Wrexham FC, and we should always take care of our own.

wafc1926 10th August 2019 10.00:40

[QUOTE=Oldfan;2280005]Well done, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep us updated on progress? Gareth has always been an admirable ambassador for Wrexham FC, and we should always take care of our own.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. Our prime motivation as the FPA is to look after our members' interests . Will update the situation after Thursday's meeting.

RED2309 10th August 2019 12.59:07

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2279965]Both the Facebook fundraising (organised by Gareth's son-in-law) and the bucket collection went very well. A major plus has been the PFA decision to donate a sizeable sum. We anticipate discussing the next steps with Gareth's family at our next FPA meeting on August 15th. It goes without saying that we are all extremely grateful for the support given to Gareth from Wrexham fans. Thank you for asking.[/QUOTE]

The total on the GoFundMe page is £2,280
donors

The number of donors is on the low side given our fanbase.

[url]https://www.gofundme.com/f/skips-new-knee[/url]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.46:42.