RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Question for WFC away following (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114290-question-wfc-away-following.html)

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 8th August 2019 16.00:33

Question for WFC away following

A question for fellow Reds who use the official club coach for away games please. Do you think that we leave too late in the day or is it about right ? On Tuesday we arrived in Boreham Wood less than an hour before kick off and this seems to be the norm these days. When Pete of SHREDS ran the away travel we used to aim to arrive a couple of hours before kick off, which suited some people but not others.
What is the general opinion now please ?

dancake 8th August 2019 18.12:18

Re: Question for WFC away following

I'd imagine Tuesdays and Saturdays are treated slightly differently.

Willywill 8th August 2019 19.54:07

I went on Tuesday night in the Supporters Coach and I felt that the timing was spot on. After arriving at Borehamwood, I consumed a very quick pint at Spoons and then got into my seat with 15minutes to go. In answer to your question - it depends how much alcohol you need to get down you, pre match.
In this League the quality of stadium toilets is very poor - three urinals for our near 400 fan support at Borehamwood. I would rather drink at home where the bogs are clean and accessible!

billybersham 8th August 2019 21.20:15

[QUOTE=Willywill;2279789]I went on Tuesday night in the Supporters Coach and I felt that the timing was spot on. After arriving at Borehamwood, I consumed a very quick pint at Spoons and then got into my seat with 15minutes to go. In answer to your question - it depends how much alcohol you need to get down you, pre match.
In this League the quality of stadium toilets is very poor - three urinals for our near 400 fan support at Borehamwood. I would rather drink at home where the bogs are clean and accessible![/QUOTE]

Do you think the numbers of 400 away fans was correct or was geoff moss and pryce doing the counting.

Lods 9th August 2019 00.17:45

Agreed. I'm not one of those people who drinks too much before the match, but it's nice to go to the pub and socialize a bit pre-match. Or at least have the option to do so.

I went to Borehamwood Tuesday. Google estimates the journey takes 3 hours 20 minutes and I think it took us 4 hours 30 mins (including a small 15-20 minute stop at the services) so I think we got bad luck with traffic and we were meant to arrive a little earlier than we did.

Compare it to the Maidenhead trip I went to last year which is a similar distance away (and coincidentally was also a Tuesday evening match). We got there with plenty of time to have a drink. Maybe the result helped but I enjoyed Maidenhead away more than Borehamwood.

Hawarden Red10 9th August 2019 05.11:33

I thought it was too late too, one of the reason's I'm shelling out for the train to Saturday away matches from now on. The main reason however, is the guy who absolutely STINKS who appears to have become a regular on the coach. If you've been within 10 yards of the guy then you'll know who I'm on about and I'm sure I am not alone in this putting them off.

Wrexy 9th August 2019 06.27:37

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2279808]I thought it was too late too, one of the reason's I'm shelling out for the train to Saturday away matches from now on. The main reason however, is the guy who absolutely STINKS who appears to have become a regular on the coach. If you've been within 10 yards of the guy then you'll know who I'm on about and I'm sure I am not alone in this putting them off.[/QUOTE]

Nothing worse than this apart from the guy whose Mum has made him egg and cress sarnies for the journey.

Remember getting to Plymouth super early on the supporters coach once which gave us about 3 hours to kill. A brilliant day seeing the sights around The Hoe and we got a result if memory serves. Balance that with Bournemouth where we arrive early and the local plod stopped us going to the local pubs and off-licences pre match (Leeds riot in mind).

Arriving 90 mins before KO is about right for me. I’d be happier to have less time in places like Borehamwood.

wxmexile 9th August 2019 08.32:31

[QUOTE=Hawarden Red10;2279808]I thought it was too late too, one of the reason's I'm shelling out for the train to Saturday away matches from now on. The main reason however, is the guy who absolutely STINKS who appears to have become a regular on the coach. If you've been within 10 yards of the guy then you'll know who I'm on about and I'm sure I am not alone in this putting them off.[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. I used to regularly use the coach along with a few others, but it's now a last resort for us. I probably would have gone on Sat but can't face that trip bearing this in mind. It's a difficult one to deal with tbf but I think someone needs to have a word, sensitively, as it's really unbearable for other people.

ColwynBayGaz 9th August 2019 08.45:32

I've never travelled on the club busses however I'll quote what Red Light put on another thread regarding arrival times. I do agree that an hours leeway considering the overall travel time is harsh but if it's a government enforced legislation I'm not sure what can be done.

[url]http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114201-away-travel-coach-toilets-3.html#post2276015[/url]

[QUOTE=Red Light;2276015]Think there are rules governing the arrival of away supporters coaches - seem to recollect they are not supposed to arrive more than 90 minutes before kick off - Sporting Events control of alcohol - idea is to prevent the masses getting excessively bladdered on away soil and causing potential problems.

As you have highlighted, in the event of traffic delays / accidents etc sometimes this is too close to comfort - coach driver always has an option to head for the destination and park up a few miles away before making the final few miles closer to kick off - indeed I assume this happens with regularity up and down the country.[/QUOTE]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.26:00.