Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th August 2019, 16.00:33   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Question for WFC away following

A question for fellow Reds who use the official club coach for away games please. Do you think that we leave too late in the day or is it about right ? On Tuesday we arrived in Boreham Wood less than an hour before kick off and this seems to be the norm these days. When Pete of SHREDS ran the away travel we used to aim to arrive a couple of hours before kick off, which suited some people but not others.
What is the general opinion now please ?
Old 8th August 2019, 18.12:18   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @dancake90

Default Re: Question for WFC away following

I'd imagine Tuesdays and Saturdays are treated slightly differently.
Old 8th August 2019, 19.54:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I went on Tuesday night in the Supporters Coach and I felt that the timing was spot on. After arriving at Borehamwood, I consumed a very quick pint at Spoons and then got into my seat with 15minutes to go. In answer to your question - it depends how much alcohol you need to get down you, pre match.
In this League the quality of stadium toilets is very poor - three urinals for our near 400 fan support at Borehamwood. I would rather drink at home where the bogs are clean and accessible!
Old 8th August 2019, 21.20:15   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I went on Tuesday night in the Supporters Coach and I felt that the timing was spot on. After arriving at Borehamwood, I consumed a very quick pint at Spoons and then got into my seat with 15minutes to go. In answer to your question - it depends how much alcohol you need to get down you, pre match.
In this League the quality of stadium toilets is very poor - three urinals for our near 400 fan support at Borehamwood. I would rather drink at home where the bogs are clean and accessible!
Do you think the numbers of 400 away fans was correct or was geoff moss and pryce doing the counting.
Old 9th August 2019, 00.17:45   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Agreed. I'm not one of those people who drinks too much before the match, but it's nice to go to the pub and socialize a bit pre-match. Or at least have the option to do so.

I went to Borehamwood Tuesday. Google estimates the journey takes 3 hours 20 minutes and I think it took us 4 hours 30 mins (including a small 15-20 minute stop at the services) so I think we got bad luck with traffic and we were meant to arrive a little earlier than we did.

Compare it to the Maidenhead trip I went to last year which is a similar distance away (and coincidentally was also a Tuesday evening match). We got there with plenty of time to have a drink. Maybe the result helped but I enjoyed Maidenhead away more than Borehamwood.
Old 9th August 2019, 05.11:33   #6-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

I thought it was too late too, one of the reason's I'm shelling out for the train to Saturday away matches from now on. The main reason however, is the guy who absolutely STINKS who appears to have become a regular on the coach. If you've been within 10 yards of the guy then you'll know who I'm on about and I'm sure I am not alone in this putting them off.
Old 9th August 2019, 06.27:37   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
I thought it was too late too, one of the reason's I'm shelling out for the train to Saturday away matches from now on. The main reason however, is the guy who absolutely STINKS who appears to have become a regular on the coach. If you've been within 10 yards of the guy then you'll know who I'm on about and I'm sure I am not alone in this putting them off.
Nothing worse than this apart from the guy whose Mum has made him egg and cress sarnies for the journey.

Remember getting to Plymouth super early on the supporters coach once which gave us about 3 hours to kill. A brilliant day seeing the sights around The Hoe and we got a result if memory serves. Balance that with Bournemouth where we arrive early and the local plod stopped us going to the local pubs and off-licences pre match (Leeds riot in mind).

Arriving 90 mins before KO is about right for me. I’d be happier to have less time in places like Borehamwood.
Old 9th August 2019, 08.32:31   #8-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
You're not alone. I used to regularly use the coach along with a few others, but it's now a last resort for us. I probably would have gone on Sat but can't face that trip bearing this in mind. It's a difficult one to deal with tbf but I think someone needs to have a word, sensitively, as it's really unbearable for other people.
Old 9th August 2019, 08.45:32   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I've never travelled on the club busses however I'll quote what Red Light put on another thread regarding arrival times. I do agree that an hours leeway considering the overall travel time is harsh but if it's a government enforced legislation I'm not sure what can be done.

Away Travel Coach Toilets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Think there are rules governing the arrival of away supporters coaches - seem to recollect they are not supposed to arrive more than 90 minutes before kick off - Sporting Events control of alcohol - idea is to prevent the masses getting excessively bladdered on away soil and causing potential problems.

As you have highlighted, in the event of traffic delays / accidents etc sometimes this is too close to comfort - coach driver always has an option to head for the destination and park up a few miles away before making the final few miles closer to kick off - indeed I assume this happens with regularity up and down the country.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.29:50.