Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th August 2019, 21.49:33   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Vice Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Pete Jones wasn't specifically mentioned, only you've done that, it's not just him who preaches the same gospel. However, he did it publicly recently.

What I dont get about comments like this is, don't you think those currently in charge would carry out the necessary checks? It never sounds to me like people are 100% confident they will, then again Gary Mills happened, Tranmere carried theirs out

Finally it should be up to the electorate to decide, not those voted for and put into power, then again, its straights out of the Ian Lucas textbook.
Can't pretend to know all the detail about this as was not party to it . But if it was the case that Pete as chairman has the casting vote in this ( as is normal practice) he is entitled to vote as he alone sees fit. You are entitled to have your own point of view on it but he alone has the final decision
Old 11th August 2019, 21.52:47   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Really don't understand a lot of the comments on here about closed shops and directed specifically at Pete Jones . Bet you most of them are no more than keyboard warriors and never see Wrexham play home or away. It is very easy to criticise with no intention other than stir it all up . Stand up and be counted I say. Pete Jones does. He is there every match watching the team he loves and working hard in an official capacity to keep it the club both of us love . Something we can watch and keep on watching without fearing some unknown investor will take us back to into a Hamilton/ Gutterman scenario. If you had endured the problems we encountered getting to and from Dover yesterday you will know what I mean.
Keep it the club both of us love, something we can watch and keep on watching without fear - if no actual progress being made is what you want I suppose that’s all great aslong as your happy.

Truthfully now I think it’s got huge flaws and it hasn’t worked it’s not what a fans owned club was supposed to be at all.

You say stand up and be counted people are, they are actually speaking out about the current regime which seems to have serious issues which have become more transparent than the actual running of the club January was never addressed and they believe they should pick and choose if they should even declare that an offer was made

Any amendments made to the club infrastructure solidified their own positions, there have been people interested and I along with others would like to hear who they are.

Remember that less than half of those attending games are wst members all it would take is an actual vote that mattered and the wst would probably see the largest hike of its members in its existence too get them out.

Last edited by crazywelsh; 11th August 2019 at 21.54:18..
Old 11th August 2019, 21.57:58   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Oh and yes I would expect them to carry out due diligence. As far as I am aware no one on the Board or Trust is dismissing investors out of hand . In my mind investors should legally sit alongside the supporters if they are deemed to be suitable . Not just taking over and replacing the Trust just because the team is not performing as well as they think it should be .
Old 11th August 2019, 21.59:43   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Oh and yes I would expect them to carry out due diligence. As far as I am aware no one on the Board or Trust is dismissing investors out of hand . In my mind investors should legally sit alongside the supporters if they are deemed to be suitable . Not just taking over and replacing the Trust just because the team is not performing as well as they think it should be .
Pete Jones' comments are rather odd if that's the case only published a few months ago...

I believe that's what most who want investment would want, working together, it's certainly what I want.
Old 11th August 2019, 23.10:28   #41-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Pete Jones' comments are rather odd if that's the case only published a few months ago...

I believe that's what most who want investment would want, working together, it's certainly what I want.
The difficulty may be that with the majority of private investors they want their own way in return for their money and they are not prepared to let supporters work with them to find good solutions.
Old 12th August 2019, 00.34:55   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Would you buy your house and let one of the board members live in it for free?

Of course you wouldn’t, in your mind you aren’t living in reality.

If the club wanted success it has to be paid for and if there is someone sat on the board with money then the wst are on the same board what actually are they bringing to the table in all honesty?
Old 12th August 2019, 00.38:15   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The difficulty may be that with the majority of private investors they want their own way in return for their money and they are not prepared to let supporters work with them to find good solutions.
Supporters haven’t found good solutions in how many years, best case scenario would be fans representation on a board at a buyout.

Bryn law said those who contacted him should be listened too, Dixie posted another who the board have blocked, can the guy who knows an Italian tried to make contact and had no reply make himself known again if your reading this as he/she is a regular poster on here.

There’s nobody out there though honest!
Old 12th August 2019, 10.01:37   #44-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywelsh View Post
Supporters haven’t found good solutions in how many years, best case scenario would be fans representation on a board at a buyout.

Bryn law said those who contacted him should be listened too, Dixie posted another who the board have blocked, can the guy who knows an Italian tried to make contact and had no reply make himself known again if your reading this as he/she is a regular poster on here.

There’s nobody out there though honest!
No one has made anything like a serious approach to the board.

If a potential "Investor" can't stump up £5k to do due diligence and keep their mouths shut during the process then I think it says a lot about the type of people they are.
I find it amusing that the sudden "surge" of interest comes when the club is financially viable due to the efforts of the trust and we have the ability to use the Ward money as and when it comes in.
Bryn Law hardly knew the so called interested party, they contacted him for a view. Then they backed out because they couldn't abide by simple rules.
When has Dixie's man approached the trust? Would like to see some substance to this alleged Investor / buyer.
The system is in place to consider approaches and the rules were endorsed at the last agm with Mr Laws amendments thrown out.
£5k to begin the process is peanuts in the whole scheme of things, Has the queue started to form or is it just fictitious.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.17:31   #45-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
No one has made anything like a serious approach to the board.

If a potential "Investor" can't stump up £5k to do due diligence and keep their mouths shut during the process then I think it says a lot about the type of people they are.
I find it amusing that the sudden "surge" of interest comes when the club is financially viable due to the efforts of the trust and we have the ability to use the Ward money as and when it comes in.
Bryn Law hardly knew the so called interested party, they contacted him for a view. Then they backed out because they couldn't abide by simple rules.
When has Dixie's man approached the trust? Would like to see some substance to this alleged Investor / buyer.
The system is in place to consider approaches and the rules were endorsed at the last agm with Mr Laws amendments thrown out.
£5k to begin the process is peanuts in the whole scheme of things, Has the queue started to form or is it just fictitious.
This is also speculation on your part, as is the majority of your post. So whilst calling people out on here for posting what they have heard, rumours, speculating, you're now doing the same in an attempt to discredit the people that contacted Bryn Law.
I'm sure we all read that they didn't sign the NDA based on Lawyers advice which is what most sensible people would do.
Saying they backed out because they couldn't follow simple rules is just not the case. Nice try though, although I'm little surprised you've resorted to stuff like this QR. I know you think the sun shines out of a WST glory hole but often there is no smoke without fire and some fans need to open their eyes, you're being taken for a ride to a certain extent and loyalty is being exploited.

If only the WST had the backbone to just come out and say they don't want any help from outside and won't consider any approach to invest or whatever then at least we all know for sure. They way they've done it is just cowardly, just my opinion. Bagger summed it up perfectly a while back on another thread.
The claim of them being transparent is now laughable too. Its takes some brass neck to still run with that one. The January fiasco and Manny Smith contract blows that out of the water straight away. So lets stop pedalling that myth which can no longer be backed up and has been well and truly exposed.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.30:44.