Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th August 2019, 10.43:00   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Now in the Eric
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Vice Chair

I am reminded of that song by Whitesnake - altogether now "here I go again...". This always seems to pipe up after a bad defeat.
It's like ghosts - a lot of people think these benevolent investors exist and believe they have seen them - yet most people have seen no evidence at all.
If you don't mind I will remain a sceptic until I see something concrete. Que abuse and accusations I am related to the board.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.52:32   #47-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

I believe that this 'investor' malarky is pie in the sky.

Putting my business hat on - there is no way I would put up 5K for due dil to anyone let alone a non league outfit being kept afloat by its fans.

PS - Leave the Vice Chair position alone. It is just a position on the board with no additional voting power unless the Chair is absent. Being V CH does not give an automatic place on the club board.

Last edited by Inside Left; 12th August 2019 at 10.56:20..
Old 12th August 2019, 10.53:05   #48-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilelfed View Post
I am reminded of that song by Whitesnake - altogether now "here I go again...". This always seems to pipe up after a bad defeat.
It's like ghosts - a lot of people think these benevolent investors exist and believe they have seen them - yet most people have seen no evidence at all.
If you don't mind I will remain a sceptic until I see something concrete. Que abuse and accusations I am related to the board.
There have been enough red flags now for fans to see all is not what it seems.Whether you choose to take any notice of them is up to the individual.

Any other owners and these flags would have sparked a demand for answers. Not at this club anymore. Apathy rules.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.54:01   #49-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This is also speculation on your part, as is the majority of your post. So whilst calling people out on here for posting what they have heard, rumours, speculating, you're now doing the same in an attempt to discredit the people that contacted Bryn Law.
Not attempting to discredit anyone. Just calling it as I see it. You may view it differently. (your choice)
I'm sure we all read that they didn't sign the NDA based on Lawyers advice which is what most sensible people would do.
This has been debated and still remains unresolved. Some would accept that an NDA is reasonable, others don't. The view of the membership is that it is an important part of the procedure to protect the club.
Saying they backed out because they couldn't follow simple rules is just not the case. Nice try though, although I'm little surprised you've resorted to stuff like this QR. I know you think the sun shines out of a WST glory hole but often there is no smoke without fire and some fans need to open their eyes, you're being taken for a ride to a certain extent and loyalty is being exploited.
Ouch. and unnecessary. The rules are there to be followed. This consortium didn't get to stage 1 and make an official approach. If they were serious then I would have expected them to reveal an interest publicly.
As to the rest, I would have hoped that even you would not try to judge me, I have my own opinions, don't trust anyone and make my own mind up.

If only the WST had the backbone to just come out and say they don't want any help from outside and won't consider any approach to invest or whatever then at least we all know for sure. They way they've done it is just cowardly, just my opinion. Bagger summed it up perfectly a while back on another thread.
If there was no appetite at all for additional funding then the membership wouldn't have approved the gateway process. As far as I'm aware there have only bee a couple of approaches from time wasters or chancers. I look forward to an approach from anyone with a real interest in helping us go forward but not at any cost.
The claim of them being transparent is now laughable too. Its takes some brass neck to still run with that one. The January fiasco and Manny Smith contract blows that out of the water straight away. So lets stop pedalling that myth which can no longer be backed up and has been well and truly exposed.
Personally not bothered about when contracts are signed as once offered and accepted they are legally binding. Odd that it wasn't announced.
As for January, it could and maybe should have been handled better but that was 7 months back. As long as the board have learned a lesson from it then they should be able to manage things better in future.
Old 12th August 2019, 11.20:04   #50-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Personally not bothered about when contracts are signed as once offered and accepted they are legally binding. Odd that it wasn't announced.
As for January, it could and maybe should have been handled better but that was 7 months back. As long as the board have learned a lesson from it then they should be able to manage things better in future.
Missed the point. Its what it exposes them as being capable of i.e. withholding news and keeping secrets and using it as currency with fans to what is "buying" support and thus ensuring self preservation on the board(s).

Its still a far cry of the claims of transparency whichever way its spun, whether you care or not about not being told of a contract renewal is irrelevant.
Apathy is now rife and you've given the perfect example of this by saying its 7 months back (So what, it still happened and got swept under the carpet?) and then saying that as long as they've learned a lesson, (what lesson is that then, actually be transparent as per their own claims?) and they should be able to manage things better in the future is just in my view turning a blind eye to what should be a real eye opener. I'm not sure whats worse, the boards recent underhanded actions or fans turning a blind eye to it.
Old 12th August 2019, 11.42:33   #51-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I thought this thread was about the WST Vice chair??????????
Old 12th August 2019, 12.00:16   #52-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Can't pretend to know all the detail about this as was not party to it . But if it was the case that Pete as chairman has the casting vote in this ( as is normal practice) he is entitled to vote as he alone sees fit. You are entitled to have your own point of view on it but he alone has the final decision
A casting vote normally goes towards the status quo - i.e. if the votes are tied then the voters haven't decided for change therefore the status quo remains - seems that is what has been done here
Old 12th August 2019, 12.35:41   #53-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
As far as I am aware no one on the Board or Trust is dismissing investors out of hand .
Thats the point, you would never know.
Old 12th August 2019, 12.42:42   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bapster View Post
I thought this thread was about the WST Vice chair??????????
It is, but on RP you are allowed to go off topic for a few pages.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.22:48.