Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th August 2019, 10.19:16   #271-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dover (A) reaction thread

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2280913]The ball is in the keepers hands, its completely different. Why do people keep mentioning the centre circle, who is picking the ball up in the centre circle.

Its not a common sense issue because its a bit soft. Its still a red.[/QUOTE

Not convinced but we'll have to see what comes from the appeal.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.28:14   #272-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
The ball is in the keepers hands, its completely different. Why do people keep mentioning the centre circle, who is picking the ball up in the centre circle.

Its not a common sense issue because its a bit soft. Its still a red.
I can't see in the rules where it can be deemed a red card. For a trip, it has to be excessive force to be a red card. I can't see anything that indicates this is different if the keeper is in control of the ball with his hands.

So the question is, does this come under "excessive force" or is it "reckless"?
Old 12th August 2019, 10.31:25   #273-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Just seen the Bobby Grant incident on the club website. The goalkeeper was “asking for it” by touching his shoulder - almost bating Grant to react. Grant reacted rather like someone half his age. Was it a red card? Not in my book, but the refs play by the Laws of the game (which may have a different take on it). To conclude - Grant showed a great lack of professionalism, being under the refs nose. Just what did he expect?
Old 12th August 2019, 10.31:35   #274-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I cant see how anyone can seriously argue it's not a red.

I accept it's at the more tame end of the spectrum of red card offences but still well within it. Crazy time of the game to do it too, totally brainless.

Ben do you think a player when the red mist descends or whatever silly reason he did it was thinking about the time?

Nobody is denying it was stupid, but the over reaction and vindictive OTT attacks on one of OUR players on here goes further than his moment of madness, it's a total dislike hatred or whatever of him carried over from last season.

And if thought of as a deffo straight red or yellow is beside the point credit to BH he in doing what true fans do backing his player in public, behind closed doors he will be getting rollicked for it and a club fine. Credit to Hughes not doing a Mourinho slagging his player off in public.

He is one of a few players we have with a football brain. If he had a record of indiscipline and lots of sending offs I would understand the OTT of it.

Chesterfield had a player sent off Saturday they coped, we had a 2-0 lead against Borehamwood and collapsed in the last 10 mins with 11 men on the field, no guarantees if Grant had not been sent off we would of won, although obviously it certainly didn't help, our problems go deeper, the side lacks fitness to play 90 mins and since Lainton has been out we have a keeper not good enough in goal imho.

I await the next player we have sent off stupidly for mouthing off at the ref and see if he gets the same vitriol on here. James Jennings with his record could be that man.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 12th August 2019 at 10.34:19..
Old 12th August 2019, 10.37:25   #275-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Ben do you think a player when the red mist descends or whatever silly reason he did it was thinking about the time?

Nobody is denying it was stupid, but the over reaction and vindictive OTT attacks on one of OUR players on here goes further than his moment of madness, it's a total dislike hatred or whatever of him carried over from last season.

And if thought of as a deffo straight red or yellow is beside the point credit to BH he in doing what true fans do backing his player in public, behind closed doors he will be getting rollicked for it and a club fine. Credit to Hughes not doing a Mourinho slagging his player off in public.

He is one of a few players we have with a football brain. If he had a record of indiscipline and lots of sending offs I would understand the OTT of it.

Chesterfield had a player sent off Saturday they coped, we had a 2-0 lead against Borehamwood and collapsed in the last 10 mins with 11 men on the field, no guarantees if Grant had not been sent off we would of won, although obviously it certainly didn't help, our problems go deeper, the side lacks fitness to play 90 mins and since Lainton has been out we have a keeper not good enough in goal imho.

I await the next player we have sent off stupidly for mouthing off at the ref and see if he gets the same vitriol on here. James Jennings with his record could be that man.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree entirely the attacks on him are OTT but as a professional footballer you cant allow the red mist to descend. If I did it in my job I'd be sacked and probably lose my career. Not the same I accept but he still needs to be criticised in a proportionate way.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.37:27   #276-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post

Posted via mobile theme
Spot on, some of this thread is embarrassing
Old 12th August 2019, 10.37:45   #277-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

The sending off has papered over the huge cracks in our start to the season. We were 2nd best all over the park on Saturday. We scored totally against the run of play. Dover’s keeper had next to nothing to do.

The sooner we forget the 5-3-2 nonsense the better unless we use a right wing back who can defend rather than just stand out wide.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.38:43   #278-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If that happened in the centre circle to an outfield player, still a red? No it isn't. Countless examples of that. Like I said, common sense needs to be applied in these situations.

We live in a dainty society now god help today's players in the days Of Tommy Smith, Norman Hunter, Nobby Stiles, Billy Bremner to name a few they need to take the girly aspect out of football it's no longer a man's game.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th August 2019, 10.44:21   #279-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Too true JND. The laws have been changed since the 60’s, apparently to promote flowing football with more goal scoring opportunities. Cloggers have been driven under ground. The top flight game has changed too, with most of the tv money going to the affluent few who “waste” it on inflated player salaries and leach like agents.
All this whilst the lesser pro leagues struggle to survive (Bolton, Bury, Notts County etc). We have gone soft, but it’s not a fair world. Was it ever?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.06:15.