RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Loan players (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114302-loan-players.html)

Prodigal Dragon 11th August 2019 08.52:58

Loan players

Harris is our only loanee but BH said before the pre-season began that he would bring in some more loanees asap. He also went on to say that Premiership and Championship clubs would not loan out their players until the back end of August at the earliest.

Personally, I still think we need a good midfield general to run the show, and he would be my No1 priority. We would probably need to ship out a few more players to free up some cash, so Fondop-Talom must be at the head of the queue to leave now that the 3 youngsters have already gone out on loan. But who else might be loaned out?

We have got off to a mediocre start, points-wise; but we are scoring goals, albeit the defence is a bit shaky. Would be nice to get someone signed up ahead of the Halifax game, which won't be easy but needs to be won.

Finally, some of the criticisms aimed at BH are ludicrous. He has assembled a better squad than last season's squad but, as we all should appreciate by now, things rarely gel straight away unless you inhabit La-La Land.;)

benwilliams 11th August 2019 09.16:26

Re: Loan players

Whilst I dont necessarily disagree I would hold fire for now.

Young and Summerfield have started very well. Redmond is not up to full speed but has a couple of assists already and we havent yet seen Barton. Equally I know it's an unpopular opinion but I dont think Wright is anywhere near as bad as hes made out on here so he is still to come back in.

Fondop should probably be loaned out although if fit hes a better option than Oswell off the bench. Other than our points tally I dont feel there is an awful lot wrong and expect us to be up there and challenging after 10 games when things settle. If we arent then absolutely we can look at the loan market then.

CRUMBS 11th August 2019 09.20:47

Is anyone shure they would want Premiere or Championship youth at all , maybe solid experience would be better .

Red Light 11th August 2019 09.23:52

BH should use every available minute of every available day attempting to bring in better quality players - if he can do this from a Premier League / Championship club using the loan market then so be it.

4 points gained from a possible 9 isn't going to get us success.
Maybe a mirror of last season - our good home form and excellent points haul is let down by our away form. Early days but one factor to monitor.

Birdy 11th August 2019 09.30:29

Maybe one or 2 more loanees. Anymore and it will become the farce of the last few seasons where we must have signed over 10 loanees each season and they were all sh1te. Harris looks better than the lot of them, quality not quantity remember.

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 10.48:01

No need for loan players to sit on the bench we should use the squad we have its Lainton we are missing most.

Tactics and fitness is our biggest down fall this last god knows how many season, get them back to Aberystwyth preseason not swanning off to Portugal for a holiday. They need toughening up running up sand dunes etc the team is not a ninety minute team we only seem to play for 45 -60/70 mins...

To win a league you need to be switched on from the kick off and concentrate for 90+ mins.

To many ball watchers and to many running around like headless chickens with no football brain, also run into space make room for a pass.simply put pass and move conserve energy that way and make the opposition run around.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 11th August 2019 11.11:47

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2280713][B][COLOR="Red"]No need for loan players to sit on the bench[/COLOR][/B] we should use the squad we have its Lainton we are missing most.

Tactics and fitness is our biggest down fall this last god knows how many season, get them back to [COLOR="red"][B]Aberystwyth preseason[/B][/COLOR] not swanning off to Portugal for a holiday. They need toughening up running up sand dunes etc the team is not a ninety minute team we only seem to play for 45 -60/70 mins...

To win a league you need to be switched on from the kick off and concentrate for 90+ mins.

To many ball watchers and to many running around like headless chickens with no football brain, also run into space make room for a pass.simply put pass and move conserve energy that way and make the opposition run around.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agree that loanees should only be brought in to go straight into the starting XI. A couple of weeks doing cardiovascular stuff on the sand dunes may be old fashioned but I agree it should be done. Get fit, then move on to playing football.

NottsRed 11th August 2019 12.42:52

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2280721]Agree that loanees should only be brought in to go straight into the starting XI. A couple of weeks doing cardiovascular stuff on the sand dunes may be old fashioned but I agree it should be done. Get fit, then move on to playing football.[/QUOTE]

Bar Tollit or Walker back here i wouldn't bother getting loan players in now unless we know they can do a job for sure. We still have a few players coming back from injury or haven't had a chance to prove themselves.

As for Fondop i wonder if he will be the contract termination mentioned in the other thread?

Phils-an-alki 12th August 2019 08.29:44

I'd be very wary of calling on this club to get players in on loan, sorry the right players in on loan. The club is pretty useless at it. Panic ridden scattergun approach seems to be the plan based on the last few seasons.

You've just got to hope BH will change this but previous managers couldn't so I'm not optimistic. Last season was a farce in terms of loan players.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.18:25.