Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th August 2019, 08.52:58   #1-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Loan players

Harris is our only loanee but BH said before the pre-season began that he would bring in some more loanees asap. He also went on to say that Premiership and Championship clubs would not loan out their players until the back end of August at the earliest.

Personally, I still think we need a good midfield general to run the show, and he would be my No1 priority. We would probably need to ship out a few more players to free up some cash, so Fondop-Talom must be at the head of the queue to leave now that the 3 youngsters have already gone out on loan. But who else might be loaned out?

We have got off to a mediocre start, points-wise; but we are scoring goals, albeit the defence is a bit shaky. Would be nice to get someone signed up ahead of the Halifax game, which won't be easy but needs to be won.

Finally, some of the criticisms aimed at BH are ludicrous. He has assembled a better squad than last season's squad but, as we all should appreciate by now, things rarely gel straight away unless you inhabit La-La Land.
Old 11th August 2019, 09.16:26   #2-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Loan players

Whilst I dont necessarily disagree I would hold fire for now.

Young and Summerfield have started very well. Redmond is not up to full speed but has a couple of assists already and we havent yet seen Barton. Equally I know it's an unpopular opinion but I dont think Wright is anywhere near as bad as hes made out on here so he is still to come back in.

Fondop should probably be loaned out although if fit hes a better option than Oswell off the bench. Other than our points tally I dont feel there is an awful lot wrong and expect us to be up there and challenging after 10 games when things settle. If we arent then absolutely we can look at the loan market then.
Old 11th August 2019, 09.20:47   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Is anyone shure they would want Premiere or Championship youth at all , maybe solid experience would be better .
Old 11th August 2019, 09.23:52   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

BH should use every available minute of every available day attempting to bring in better quality players - if he can do this from a Premier League / Championship club using the loan market then so be it.

4 points gained from a possible 9 isn't going to get us success.
Maybe a mirror of last season - our good home form and excellent points haul is let down by our away form. Early days but one factor to monitor.
Old 11th August 2019, 09.30:29   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Maybe one or 2 more loanees. Anymore and it will become the farce of the last few seasons where we must have signed over 10 loanees each season and they were all sh1te. Harris looks better than the lot of them, quality not quantity remember.
Old 11th August 2019, 10.48:01   #6-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

No need for loan players to sit on the bench we should use the squad we have its Lainton we are missing most.

Tactics and fitness is our biggest down fall this last god knows how many season, get them back to Aberystwyth preseason not swanning off to Portugal for a holiday. They need toughening up running up sand dunes etc the team is not a ninety minute team we only seem to play for 45 -60/70 mins...

To win a league you need to be switched on from the kick off and concentrate for 90+ mins.

To many ball watchers and to many running around like headless chickens with no football brain, also run into space make room for a pass.simply put pass and move conserve energy that way and make the opposition run around.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 11th August 2019, 11.11:47   #7-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
No need for loan players to sit on the bench we should use the squad we have its Lainton we are missing most.

Tactics and fitness is our biggest down fall this last god knows how many season, get them back to Aberystwyth preseason not swanning off to Portugal for a holiday. They need toughening up running up sand dunes etc the team is not a ninety minute team we only seem to play for 45 -60/70 mins...

To win a league you need to be switched on from the kick off and concentrate for 90+ mins.

To many ball watchers and to many running around like headless chickens with no football brain, also run into space make room for a pass.simply put pass and move conserve energy that way and make the opposition run around.
Posted via mobile theme
Agree that loanees should only be brought in to go straight into the starting XI. A couple of weeks doing cardiovascular stuff on the sand dunes may be old fashioned but I agree it should be done. Get fit, then move on to playing football.
Old 11th August 2019, 12.42:52   #8-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree that loanees should only be brought in to go straight into the starting XI. A couple of weeks doing cardiovascular stuff on the sand dunes may be old fashioned but I agree it should be done. Get fit, then move on to playing football.
Bar Tollit or Walker back here i wouldn't bother getting loan players in now unless we know they can do a job for sure. We still have a few players coming back from injury or haven't had a chance to prove themselves.

As for Fondop i wonder if he will be the contract termination mentioned in the other thread?
Old 12th August 2019, 08.29:44   #9-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I'd be very wary of calling on this club to get players in on loan, sorry the right players in on loan. The club is pretty useless at it. Panic ridden scattergun approach seems to be the plan based on the last few seasons.

You've just got to hope BH will change this but previous managers couldn't so I'm not optimistic. Last season was a farce in terms of loan players.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.18:03.