RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Looking ahead (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114303-looking-ahead.html)

benwilliams 11th August 2019 09.11:53

Looking ahead

Well the Dover reaction thread has got a little crazy even by RP standards so I though I'd look ahead at the next 3 games.

2 home games against sides who have had very good starts in Halifax and Barnet but if we can keep out the individual mistakes and poor decision making I fancy us to beat anyone at home.

Notts Co away is sandwiched between those. They are a side short on confidence getting used to the league trying to bed in a lot of new players. It's a good time to play them and surely playing in a decent ground in front of a big crowd with a big away following will motivate us. I can see us getting at least 7 points if not 9 from these and if we do then the Boreham wood and Dover endings will be a distant memory.

Prodigal Dragon 11th August 2019 09.44:53

Re: Looking ahead

No easy games, as most are aware. With Grant almost certain to be out for the next 3 games, this gives BH a decision: does he make a one-for-one swap -- probably McIntosh -- or does he tinker with the system and go 3-5-2?

I think Redmond offers something different but isn't fully fit. Harris and JJ need to form a good understanding, but the important issue is getting the midfield to control the game. For all the midfielders on the books, I still think we are missing someone special to pull it all together.

We should aim for 3 wins; but they won't be easy!:)

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 10.33:53

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2280685]No easy games, as most are aware. With Grant almost certain to be out for the next 3 games, this gives BH a decision: does he make a one-for-one swap -- probably McIntosh -- or does he tinker with the system and go 3-5-2?

I think Redmond offers something different but isn't fully fit. Harris and JJ need to form a good understanding, but the important issue is getting the midfield to control the game. For all the midfielders on the books, I still think we are missing someone special to pull it all together.

We should aim for 3 wins; but they won't be easy!:)[/QUOTE]

What I don't get is this Redmond isn't fully fit why? He has had a pre-season and 3 nearly full games under his belt he's also young
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 11th August 2019 10.40:44

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2280703]What I don't get is this Redmond isn't fully fit why? He has had a pre-season and 3 nearly full games under his belt he's also young
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He picked up an injury during the pre-season, which set him back. When fully fit I expect we'll see a very good attacking midfielder.

Hightown Brymbo Red 11th August 2019 10.44:33

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2280708]He picked up an injury during the pre-season, which set him back. When fully fit I expect we'll see a very good attacking midfielder.[/QUOTE]

We seemed to have signed a number of injured players this pre season

CRUMBS 11th August 2019 10.49:53

I have got a bit confused by this Redmond being not fully fit too , if he isn't fully fit he shouldn't be playing otherwise leaves himself open to injury and long spell out , surely . Has someone just said he don't look fit and it's gone on and on . I doubt they'd play him if so .

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 10.55:22

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2280711]We seemed to have signed a number of injured players this pre season[/QUOTE]

Yes i agree I also know Redmond had an injury but he should be over that now he's only a young kid and 3 games in. I posted on another thread our pre-season fitness training is poor get them back to Aberystwyth with an army trainer toughen them up get them to peak fitness not on a cozy trip to Portugal.

John Neal used to run them ragged pre-season.
Look at Man U Solskjaer took over players weren't fit, I read somewhere this season he has put them through double training sessions hence the fat looked like ex body builder lukaku was well overweight
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Lets Av A Riot 11th August 2019 14.27:28

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2280666]Well the Dover reaction thread has got a little crazy even by RP standards so I though I'd look ahead at the next 3 games.

2 home games against sides who have had very good starts in Halifax and Barnet but if we can keep out the individual mistakes and poor decision making I fancy us to beat anyone at home.

Notts Co away is sandwiched between those. They are a side short on confidence getting used to the league trying to bed in a lot of new players. It's a good time to play them and surely playing in a decent ground in front of a big crowd with a big away following will motivate us. I can see us getting at least 7 points if not 9 from these and if we do then the Boreham wood and Dover endings will be a distant memory.[/QUOTE]

i think 7 points from next 3 is a realistic target.. and well within our capabilities.

im not buying into all the overdramatism that some seem to have and trying to infect others with.

im confident we are much better than the points tally so far suggests....

loss of concentration in last 10 cost us at boreham wood.. and a silly sending off and a own goal cost us at dover.

its not as if we are playing crap and not creating

benwilliams 11th August 2019 14.31:01

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2280763]i think 7 points from next 3 is a realistic target.. and well within our capabilities.

im not buying into all the overdramatism that some seem to have and trying to infect others with.

im confident we are much better than the points tally so far suggests....

loss of concentration in last 10 cost us at boreham wood.. and a silly sending off and a own goal cost us at dover.

its not as if we are playing crap and not creating[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Time for calm heads to prevail.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.21:49.