RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Danny Ward money ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114305-danny-ward-money.html)

Alan Attack 11th August 2019 22.14:27

Re: Danny Ward money ?

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2280842]Personally wouldn't want him, that's beside the point

Look into what his former side have achieved in youth football, with his backing. Deserving of a lot of praise for that alone.[/QUOTE]

One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

However, I don’t know how that can be achieved with a fan base who want to see every spare penny put towards the first team to support promotion to the football league.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th August 2019 22.23:01

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280847]One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

However, I don’t know how that can be achieved with a fan base who want to see every spare penny put towards the first team to support promotion to the football league.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, sadly I can't ever see it happening, especially with all this catagory business and certain clubs due to catagory status being able to pick up any lad they wish within the UK.

It was very misguided not to spend any time on the CoE under trust ownership, it's always been an afterthought in my opinion. It could have been the vehicle to get us out of the league if we were to produce another Danny Ward or two. Sounds like that moneys being used to get some good training facilities back in place which is only a positive.

Where that next huge windfall coming from? Sometimes you have to make you're own luck.

dixienormous 11th August 2019 22.53:34

-

Nibs 12th August 2019 01.53:57

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2280828]What has he actually achieved in football?[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada!

Red_Jackoisback 12th August 2019 07.06:00

[QUOTE=Nibs;2280856]Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada![/QUOTE]

Just because someone may know football doesn’t make them good. Didn’t we have a football man on the board when Mills handed out those stupid 30 game auto renewal contracts? I’m not in the know but I’m sure I’m right.

Anyway as far as I can see there are no investors other than the fans.

Alan Attack 12th August 2019 07.23:08

[QUOTE=Nibs;2280856]Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

I know who I’d want to repair my lada![/QUOTE]

Not everyone who works for Wrexham AFC is a volunteer.

redinsaudi 12th August 2019 07.37:54

Nobody will know the full story of the Ward money, I lost faith after The January Games and its CLEARLY shown that this club is neither transparent or honest.

Bagger Vance 12th August 2019 08.51:42

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280847]One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.[/QUOTE]

It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.06:23

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2280851]-[/QUOTE]

One of your more constructive posts:)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.25:08.