Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th August 2019, 09.11:56   #37-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Danny Ward money ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
Nobody will know the full story of the Ward money, I lost faith after The January Games and its CLEARLY shown that this club is neither transparent or honest.
You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.
Old 12th August 2019, 09.27:50   #38-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.
Good post BV. There were financial pressures on the trust to make the club sustainable and the CoE was neglected. It will take a long time to get it up to scratch.
This is an area where external funding / investment could benefit the club and the youngsters and enhance the standing in the local community.
Old 12th August 2019, 09.37:14   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Just been looking on Deva Chat as i do and there's reference to Shrewsbury starting up an Academy there , they've recruited a Chester coach who's taken some young lads with him , things getting tough in the search for talent it seems .
Old 12th August 2019, 10.12:34   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.
I’m not at all bitter, so don’t go assuming please. If you think that the debacle in January was transparent then we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 12th August 2019, 10.31:59   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.
BV - i have personal experience of this in the period you refer to and you are absolutely bang on. There are plenty of good kids around and Wrexham is no longer the draw for talent it once was.
Old 12th August 2019, 11.08:58   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Good post BV. There were financial pressures on the trust to make the club sustainable and the CoE was neglected. It will take a long time to get it up to scratch.
This is an area where external funding / investment could benefit the club and the youngsters and enhance the standing in the local community.
Some clubs with successful youth set ups have had a director with dedicated responsibility to the youth system. One such man I have huge respect for was still operating in his late 70's !
Old 12th August 2019, 11.49:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada!
I don't recall them hiring anyone who could break the TNS stranglehold. Mike Harris has been more successful.
Old 12th August 2019, 13.48:46   #44-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:

I can understand why the WST took the decision but it should have been possible to canvass local businesses for sponsorship dedicated to developing local youth and young boys. Ultimately, the club needs a better policy on this and then needs a director with passion and drive to own it and develop it.

Being outside the FL makes things very difficult but that is no excuse to neglect an essential part of the club; one that played an important part in the great team of the 70s under John Neal and, more recently, with young lads like Ward etc.
Old 12th August 2019, 14.48:01   #45-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I can understand why the WST took the decision but it should have been possible to canvass local businesses for sponsorship dedicated to developing local youth and young boys. Ultimately, the club needs a better policy on this and then needs a director with passion and drive to own it and develop it.

Being outside the FL makes things very difficult but that is no excuse to neglect an essential part of the club; one that played an important part in the great team of the 70s under John Neal and, more recently, with young lads like Ward etc.
At the time I said that we could find a sponsor, to avoid the under priveledged kids having to leave the response was "any sponsorship will be going to the first team, there will be no efforts to find a sponsor for the CoE"

Kids sell, someone who may see no value in the adults may have seen value in the kids, no one was willing to listen.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.17:26.