RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Danny Ward money ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114305-danny-ward-money.html)

Foxy 11th August 2019 10.57:31

Danny Ward money ?

Has the club clarified yet when we receive this money in terms of instalments ?

Thus far I cannot see any obvious increase in budget spend on the squad. Looking at the size of the squad and the type of players recruited , in theory it would seem that our spending is no higher than it was a few years ago. This is despite the Ward transfer and also attendances last season being well above the budgeted expectation. It would therefore seem to indicate that as yet we have received very little of the Ward money.

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 11.03:30

Re: Danny Ward money ?

They are keeping some back for the imaginary new Kop stand I notice that's all gone quiet now.

Another big announcement jump the gun before its in writing set in stone it's more likely to fall down than get rebuilt.

Maybe this invisible big investor will rebuild it.

Do you know him by any chance?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Nibs 11th August 2019 11.07:22

Cole Stockton didn’t come cheap you know!

Funny_Old_Game 11th August 2019 11.17:30

Probably keeping it to invest into a pointless training ground while we remain in Non League

Redordead 11th August 2019 11.28:41

You can tell we’ve lost a game....

Connolly 11th August 2019 12.24:34

[QUOTE=Foxy;2280716]Has the club clarified yet when we receive this money in terms of instalments ?

Thus far I cannot see any obvious increase in budget spend on the squad. Looking at the size of the squad and the type of players recruited , in theory it would seem that our spending is no higher than it was a few years ago. This is despite the Ward transfer and also attendances last season being well above the budgeted expectation. It would therefore seem to indicate that as yet we have received very little of the Ward money.[/QUOTE]

Heard the Ward money was all invested into getting an injunction to keep your mythical investors quiet, ya nugget.

crazywelsh 11th August 2019 12.37:27

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2280718]They are keeping some back for the imaginary new Kop stand I notice that's all gone quiet now.

Another big announcement jump the gun before its in writing set in stone it's more likely to fall down than get rebuilt.

Maybe this invisible big investor will rebuild it.

Do you know him by any chance?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He is not as invisible as you think, any trust board member reading this know exactly who he is!

Lets Av A Riot 11th August 2019 14.16:05

[QUOTE=Foxy;2280716]Has the club clarified yet when we receive this money in terms of instalments ?

Thus far I cannot see any obvious increase in budget spend on the squad. Looking at the size of the squad and the type of players recruited , in theory it would seem that our spending is no higher than it was a few years ago. This is despite the Ward transfer and also attendances last season being well above the budgeted expectation. It would therefore seem to indicate that as yet we have received very little of the Ward money.[/QUOTE]

you do realize budget is not just about the players? but about other things around the club including upkeep of the ground.. improvements.. any rents for training grounds etc etc.. youth team etc etc

Royal welsh red 11th August 2019 14.16:42

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2280739]He is not as invisible as you think, any trust board member reading this know exactly who he is![/QUOTE]

Spill the beans then!!

benwilliams 11th August 2019 14.18:45

Is it the gap personnel/CQ Nomads guy?

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 15.07:01

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2280739]He is not as invisible as you think, any trust board member reading this know exactly who he is![/QUOTE]

Ok so those in the know spit it out and is he worth dealing with?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th August 2019 15.09:08

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2280770]Ok so those in the know spit it out and is he worth dealing with?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Or let's flip the question, are the WST worth bothering with? For years many have spouted anti investment rhetoric, one apparent willing investor went public on twitter, no denials from anyone involved with the WST I recall.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th August 2019 15.11:47

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2280760]Is it the gap personnel/CQ Nomads guy?[/QUOTE]

He's one who's apparently had informal talks, proclaiming it a closed shop some time ago.

redone 11th August 2019 15.24:52

doesnt matter who comes in with a bid it wont happen ,the feet are very firmly under the table, £50,000 just to put yer nose in the room

Vorporix 11th August 2019 15.49:42

Presumably you know for a fact or are you just spreading rumours?

moldroadred 11th August 2019 16.44:32

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2280760]Is it the gap personnel/CQ Nomads guy?[/QUOT

That ship may have sailed a couple of years ago 🤫🤫

Quay Red 11th August 2019 16.45:52

[QUOTE=redone;2280776]doesnt matter who comes in with a bid it wont happen ,the feet are very firmly under the table, £50,000 just to put yer nose in the room[/QUOTE]

Do you ever read the facts?
£5k to get started and nothing more to pay unless they breach the confidentiality agreement.
If they can satisfy the members conditions then the proposal is put to an EGM.
The format is open and transparent and has been discussed to death.

dixienormous 11th August 2019 16.49:49

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2280795]Do you ever read the facts?
£5k to get started and nothing more to pay unless they breach the confidentiality agreement.
The format is open and transparent and has been discussed to death.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem might be we wont entertain anyone and any potential individual wouldn't even make it to the first stage.

redone 11th August 2019 16.51:38

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2280795]Do you ever read the facts?
The format is open and transparent and has been discussed to death.[/QUOTE]

I whatever

Alan Attack 11th August 2019 16.58:13

It’s strange how these threads pop up when we lose a game. It’s as if some Wrexham supporters prey and take solace in such results. I’m not for a moment suggesting Foxy isn’t a Wrexham fan but it’s more than a coincidence he posts this stuff when we lose. The Ward money wasn’t mentioned last weekend.

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 17.53:33

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280801]It’s strange how these threads pop up when we lose a game. It’s as if some Wrexham supporters prey and take solace in such results. I’m not for a moment suggesting Foxy isn’t a Wrexham fan but it’s more than a coincidence he posts this stuff when we lose. The Ward money wasn’t mentioned last weekend.[/QUOTE]

Funnily enough before I read your post I was thinking the same, yes we could do with some outside investment which has been done to death.

But if you had lots and lots of money to invest and not a Wrexham fan who would you invest in a long standing 12 yr non league club or a club like Bolton wanderers an ex premier league club.

Foxy 11th August 2019 18.51:58

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280801]It’s strange how these threads pop up when we lose a game. It’s as if some Wrexham supporters prey and take solace in such results. I’m not for a moment suggesting Foxy isn’t a Wrexham fan but it’s more than a coincidence he posts this stuff when we lose. The Ward money wasn’t mentioned last weekend.[/QUOTE]

Odd to see that you are more interested in scrutinising questions about the Ward money than you are about asking when and how the Ward money is coming to the club.

Alan Attack 11th August 2019 19.06:03

[QUOTE=Foxy;2280816]Odd to see that you are more interested in scrutinising questions about the Ward money than you are about asking when and how the Ward money is coming to the club.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it’s odd at all.

As long as we get it, that’s all that concerns me. I can’t really affect anything else.

GarryOggy 11th August 2019 20.22:17

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2280773]He's one who's apparently had informal talks, proclaiming it a closed shop some time ago.[/QUOTE]

What has he actually achieved in football?

Pieman 11th August 2019 21.52:00

About time everyone else did bud

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th August 2019 21.57:41

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2280828]What has he actually achieved in football?[/QUOTE]

Personally wouldn't want him, that's beside the point

Look into what his former side have achieved in youth football, with his backing. Deserving of a lot of praise for that alone.

John Neals Dynasty 11th August 2019 22.08:40

I don't know about anybody else not particularly one of the privileged few to know who this is why the secrecy or is it just bull? We are all paying fans majority of us are WST members so put it out there.

Alan Attack 11th August 2019 22.14:27

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2280842]Personally wouldn't want him, that's beside the point

Look into what his former side have achieved in youth football, with his backing. Deserving of a lot of praise for that alone.[/QUOTE]

One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

However, I don’t know how that can be achieved with a fan base who want to see every spare penny put towards the first team to support promotion to the football league.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 11th August 2019 22.23:01

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280847]One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

However, I don’t know how that can be achieved with a fan base who want to see every spare penny put towards the first team to support promotion to the football league.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, sadly I can't ever see it happening, especially with all this catagory business and certain clubs due to catagory status being able to pick up any lad they wish within the UK.

It was very misguided not to spend any time on the CoE under trust ownership, it's always been an afterthought in my opinion. It could have been the vehicle to get us out of the league if we were to produce another Danny Ward or two. Sounds like that moneys being used to get some good training facilities back in place which is only a positive.

Where that next huge windfall coming from? Sometimes you have to make you're own luck.

dixienormous 11th August 2019 22.53:34

-

Nibs 12th August 2019 01.53:57

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2280828]What has he actually achieved in football?[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada!

Red_Jackoisback 12th August 2019 07.06:00

[QUOTE=Nibs;2280856]Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

The situation we have at the moment is we have volunteers (who give up many hours of their time) running the club, but as far as I know they have never worked @ football clubs in the past.

When a car mechanic needs an additional employee to help keep up with the work load, does he a.) hire a guy who has worked as a baker for 15 years, or b.) hire the guy with 15 years experience of being a car mechanic?

I know who I’d want to repair my lada![/QUOTE]

Just because someone may know football doesn’t make them good. Didn’t we have a football man on the board when Mills handed out those stupid 30 game auto renewal contracts? I’m not in the know but I’m sure I’m right.

Anyway as far as I can see there are no investors other than the fans.

Alan Attack 12th August 2019 07.23:08

[QUOTE=Nibs;2280856]Probably nothing, but I would guess he would employ people who have. Just a thought.

I know who I’d want to repair my lada![/QUOTE]

Not everyone who works for Wrexham AFC is a volunteer.

redinsaudi 12th August 2019 07.37:54

Nobody will know the full story of the Ward money, I lost faith after The January Games and its CLEARLY shown that this club is neither transparent or honest.

Bagger Vance 12th August 2019 08.51:42

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2280847]One thing hopefully you and I will agree on is this club should be the pinnacle of north wales youth football and not WPL clubs…like it used to be prior to Hamilton becoming involved.

My best guess as to how it can be achieved is promotion and extras money from the football league.[/QUOTE]

It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.06:23

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2280851]-[/QUOTE]

One of your more constructive posts:)

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.11:56

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2280864]Nobody will know the full story of the Ward money, I lost faith after The January Games and its CLEARLY shown that this club is neither transparent or honest.[/QUOTE]

You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.

Quay Red 12th August 2019 09.27:50

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2280885]It was still the pinnacle under the Moss regime, the quality started to reduce once Stuart moved on during the Moss reign (you only have to see what he's achieved in the game to see how good he was) but accelerated under Trust ownership, it was they that introduced charging without consideration of other funding avenues or consideration of the impact on econonically under priveleged kids, it was on their watch that unqualified coaches were recruited without proper interviews, it was under their watch that the games program degraded. It was on their watch that people didn't bother calling clubs back when players had moved their.

The rot had undoubtedly started under Geoff, however on the Trust taking over no effort was made to steady the ship, oversight on staff effort levels got far worse, interaction between club and kids got worse. Chester have overtaken Wrexham as the best system locally, if people are happy with that then its a sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

Good post BV. There were financial pressures on the trust to make the club sustainable and the CoE was neglected. It will take a long time to get it up to scratch.
This is an area where external funding / investment could benefit the club and the youngsters and enhance the standing in the local community.

CRUMBS 12th August 2019 09.37:14

Just been looking on Deva Chat as i do and there's reference to Shrewsbury starting up an Academy there , they've recruited a Chester coach who's taken some young lads with him , things getting tough in the search for talent it seems .

redinsaudi 12th August 2019 10.12:34

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2280888]You are just bitter. We are probably the most transparent club in the top 5 or 6 tiers.
Just because you've lost faith it doesn't affect the 5000+ fans who will turn up and support the side.[/QUOTE]

I’m not at all bitter, so don’t go assuming please. If you think that the debacle in January was transparent then we will have to agree to disagree.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.52:30.