Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th August 2019, 22.52:40   #71-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
René Higuita's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
We have already played two of the top four teams
Maybe a better start than we think
Four points from next two games and that would be a very solid start
not teams that will stay in the top 4 though.
Old 13th August 2019, 23.18:51   #72-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
John Neals Dynasty's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Well my first game of the season and for the first 25 mins I thought that was the best we have played since the Saunders/ Morrell team, quick one touch football, I'm guessing Harris is a Flynn deal because he looks league one level or higher now I hope they let him stay the season as signed. BB looked rusty but came into the game, McIntosh looked completely lost well out of his depth, Hooper looked a little lazy but you can see has a bit of something about him, Redmond looks nowhere near fit.

Great first half of football how it should be played, we just seem to lack a clinical finisher in the box, Jennings put some good crosses in.

I don't get the slagging of Summerfield first half he played well like the majority of the team he ran out of steam and his passing went tits up should of gone off.

Agree Young was immense as was Harris who would of been my MOM..the slowness of putting subs on nearly cost us, the sending off was down to Lawlor being dead on his feet and looked it for half of second half, I'm wondering if his shoulder is right. The red he was exposed on his own he looked to push the forward so had to go off, (just a note if it was Grant he would of been hung)

I thought Pearson looked shaky and Dibble puts you on edge he was lucky they didn't equalise when he dropped a ball at their strikers feet late on.

Credit Halifax who nearly went bust pre-season they defended well when we were on top.

All in all we deserved the win but as other's have said need a leftwinger unless McIntosh was just rusty but he looked lost.

Be a tough game at Notts Co let's hope we can keep 12 on the pitch.

But hey its good to go to a game and be entertained again.

After watching that I don't get the constant wrist slashing on here last Saturday.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th August 2019, 23.35:31   #73-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Paddock
Real Name: Shaun Walker
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Dibble was man of the match by a country mile !! A solid 9/10 or even a 10 after couple of first half saves
Old 14th August 2019, 00.01:59   #74-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
JonWrexhamfc's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Good win, hard fought. Should've been 3-0 after 20 mins.

Harris superb. Still lacking a general in midfield.

3 points Sunday.
Old 14th August 2019, 05.43:32   #75-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Well my first game of the season and for the first 25 mins I thought that was the best we have played since the Saunders/ Morrell team, quick one touch football, I'm guessing Harris is a Flynn deal because he looks league one level or higher now I hope they let him stay the season as signed. BB looked rusty but came into the game, McIntosh looked completely lost well out of his depth, Hooper looked a little lazy but you can see has a bit of something about him, Redmond looks nowhere near fit.

Great first half of football how it should be played, we just seem to lack a clinical finisher in the box, Jennings put some good crosses in.

I don't get the slagging of Summerfield first half he played well like the majority of the team he ran out of steam and his passing went tits up should of gone off.

Agree Young was immense as was Harris who would of been my MOM..the slowness of putting subs on nearly cost us, the sending off was down to Lawlor being dead on his feet and looked it for half of second half, I'm wondering if his shoulder is right. The red he was exposed on his own he looked to push the forward so had to go off, (just a note if it was Grant he would of been hung)

I thought Pearson looked shaky and Dibble puts you on edge he was lucky they didn't equalise when he dropped a ball at their strikers feet late on.

Credit Halifax who nearly went bust pre-season they defended well when we were on top.

All in all we deserved the win but as other's have said need a leftwinger unless McIntosh was just rusty but he looked lost.

Be a tough game at Notts Co let's hope we can keep 12 on the pitch.

But hey its good to go to a game and be entertained again.

After watching that I don't get the constant wrist slashing on here last Saturday.
Posted via mobile theme
Not for the first time an assessment I completely agree with. Against Curzon Mcintosh had a lot of ball with little end product and we worried that he would struggle against better opposition (though respect to Curzon who top their division). He is currently no replacement for Grant but lets give the management a little time to settle the squad down. Summerfield is like a new addition this season and Young is a revelation proving many wrong. Without a reserve team we just have to accept that we are carrying Redmond who shows touches of class but is putting pressure on Young and Summerfield who seem to relish the additional workload.
Following the deserved red I was hoping to hang on for a draw which just proves I am 'conditioned' still by the Keates era. In the brave new world that is BH and BF while getting behind the ball we still carried a threat and Harris remaining up front acts as an excellent deterrent keeping 2 defenders occupied.
Old 14th August 2019, 05.48:38   #76-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamusred View Post
Dibble was man of the match by a country mile !! A solid 9/10 or even a 10 after couple of first half saves
Stretching it a tad but he had a really good game. Not that he will get the praise from those who have already made him one of this seasons whipping boys. Nice one Dibbs!
Old 14th August 2019, 05.49:05   #77-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamusred View Post
Dibble was man of the match by a country mile !! A solid 9/10 or even a 10 after couple of first half saves
#Topbantz go on then I’ll bite then, every save he made was a simple save from a non threatening shot and I agree with what JND said you were constantly on edge watching him especially when he dropped the ball at the strikers feet late on. How you can give him a near 10 is quite worrying.
Old 14th August 2019, 05.57:43   #78-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name: Me
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
#Topbantz go on then I’ll bite then, every save he made was a simple save from a non threatening shot and I agree with what JND said you were constantly on edge watching him especially when he dropped the ball at the strikers feet late on. How you can give him a near 10 is quite worrying.
To be fair, the quick reaction save to his bottom left in the first half was decent save. Thought he played well enough. Think you’re being tad harsh.
Old 14th August 2019, 05.57:48   #79-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @no thanks





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

That's more like it! Couldn't be more proud of those boys last night.

A fantastic first half where we were rampant for the first 10 - 15 minutes, so unlucky not to get the goal it deserved.
I really liked the industry of Hooper to get Infront of his man and use his strength to keep the ball, that is what we have been missing.
Young's best game in a Reds shirt by a country mile and would, for me, have been MOM but Harris should have received that honour. He put himself about, linked up play well and kept the opposition busy all game and thoroughly deserved the goal.
Thought Jazzi played well, he has pace to burn and I hope to see more of that.

Second half was a more resilient display, the lads put so much into the first half it was hardly surprising that things dropped off a bit.
Felt a little sorry for Lawler who was left isolated and out of position which meant his options were to either A) trust in the goalkeeper or B) bring the striker down. He made the correct decision for me (nothing against Dibble there) and took one for the team.
The red card could possibly have helped us as Halifax were on top, I felt, so going down to ten men would have made everyone that little bit more determined to keep Halifax out.
The goal when it came was just reward for everyone's hard work and we deserved the win.

5517 on a Tuesday evening, incredible.
Old 14th August 2019, 06.06:56   #80-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Halifax (H) reaction thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
To be fair, the quick reaction save to his bottom left in the first half was decent save. Thought he played well enough. Think you’re being tad harsh.
Not being harsh at all, I have praised all the good performances. Would you say Dibble was a near 10 performance at what you watched last night? He wouldn’t be in the top 6 for man of the match.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.00:29.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12