Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th August 2019, 09.57:18   #19-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Player Ratings v Halifax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Funny. He just didn't have the balls to make any difficult decisions. If that's 'letting the game flow then its completely flawed.
Agree with this. The ref was woeful and at times it benefited us and others it didn't. The one big decision he got that was spot on was Lawlor's red.

Ratings wise:
Dibble: 8, really staking a claim to be our #1 imo.
BB: 7, good debut with some solid positioning. Didn't deserve his yellow at time of the game.
Pearson: 8, dominated the back line as per
Lawlor: 5, poor positioning to lose his man meant he had to take the red card
Jennings: 7, solid, especially when moved to CB
Summerfield: 5.5, first half good, second half couldn't pass the ball 5 yards. Crossing was poor
Young: 8, brilliantly patrolled the back line and covered every blade of grass
Redmond: 6, not fit yet but clearly got a brilliant pass in him
McIntosh: 4, invisible
Hooper: 8, he really is a handful
Harris: 9.5, he looks something special. Great finish under pressure.

Subs:
Rutherford: 7, proved me wrong coming on. Great assist.
Carra: 6, solid at the back
Oswell: N/A
Old 14th August 2019, 10.02:21   #20-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
It was said in jest as there were no penalties, but now I'm worried you are gaslighting me!
Oh yeah

Think I meant sending off. Yeah I did.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.03:09   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
The refs at this level, in the main are terrified to make difficult decisions and bottle big decisions. The one we got last night didn't seem up to date on the new handball rules either.
It wasnt just the ref it was all the officials. The amount of cynical little fouls and shirt pulling that they all ignored last night was shocking. How they had so few yellow cards i have no idea and Sho Silva should have been booked within the 1st 15 mins for the amount of late challenges he put in. What I will say is that he got the red card spot on and in fairness played an excellent advantage in the build up to the goal. Didn't have a clear view of their penalty appeal at the end to comment on it.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.10:10   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
It wasnt just the ref it was all the officials. The amount of cynical little fouls and shirt pulling that they all ignored last night was shocking. How they had so few yellow cards i have no idea and Sho Silva should have been booked within the 1st 15 mins for the amount of late challenges he put in. What I will say is that he got the red card spot on and in fairness played an excellent advantage in the build up to the goal. Didn't have a clear view of their penalty appeal at the end to comment on it.
Booked BB for walking in front of the ball for the first time when the Halifax player next to him had been allowed to continue doing so all first half unpunished.

Couldn't spot a foul at all, for both sides to be fair. Number of times Young brought someone down as they ran forward and he gave nothing.

The red was spot on, but he literally had no choice.

Should have been a pen to us for handball, and a yellow for them for diving.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.13:36   #23-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Can someone tell me what contact Lawlor made for the red? Was it a push or a trip?
Old 14th August 2019, 10.16:16   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by B10Red View Post
Booked BB for walking in front of the ball for the first time when the Halifax player next to him had been allowed to continue doing so all first half unpunished.

Couldn't spot a foul at all, for both sides to be fair. Number of times Young brought someone down as they ran forward and he gave nothing.

Barnum Bobb was booked for ungentlemanly conduct - he clearly kicked the ball away when Halifax had a throw in - totally avoidable.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.20:47   #25-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B10Red View Post

BB kicked the ball away ....
Old 14th August 2019, 10.27:12   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Barnum Bobb was booked for ungentlemanly conduct - he clearly kicked the ball away when Halifax had a throw in - totally avoidable.
Yep, ridiculous yellow card to pick up and completely needless.

Ref was awful at not stopping them from blocking our free kicks. And the amount of shirt pulling that went unmissed from all officials was absurd. At one point Pearson's shirt was nearly over his head and the linesman just did nothing.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.35:32   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff9172 View Post
Ref was shocking let the tackle on Summerfield in the middle of the park go ok he gave advantage to us but never even talked to the player after that tackle think Summerfield came back down with snow on his head, should of had a pen for handball and missed another blatant handball the Liner was just as bad not being able to make a decision until after the Ref had made it for him useless but thats seems to be the norm in this god awful leauge
I thought the ref would have gone back and booked him, whether he forgot or didn't think it was a yellow I don't know.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.04:41.