Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th August 2019, 10.38:45   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Re: Player Ratings v Halifax

Dibble: 7 - Solid, kept himself a clean sheet and made some good saves to deny Halifax.
Barnum-Bobb: 7 - Tough one to rate. Excellent as a threat down the right hand side with Harris, got caught forward a little but it's to be expected from a player of his style.
Lawlor: 6 - He was solid until the red. He had to take one for the team and he did. Proved to be the right decision, even if we miss him for 3 games.
Pearson: 7 - Impressed me how much he learned from Boreham Wood and Dover. A little sluggish at times but imperative to how we held on to win. A good player never stops learning.
Jennings: 7 - I thought he did a decent job, but didn't help he was down the left with a largely anonymous McIntosh. When he was moved to CB after the red I was questioning it with Barton on the bench, but he more than held his own.
Summerfield: 6 - Game of two halfs for him. I thought he was good 1st half but 2nd half he began to play a lot of wayward balls. I don't know how he got sponsor's MOTM.
Young: 8 - Engine in midfield. Never stopped running, kept stopping Halifax's attacks and starting ours. 9 games out of 10 he'd have got my MOTM for that performance.
Redmond: 7 - Played some good football, especially in the first half. Took an absolute wonder save (as in, probably one of the best I've seen live) to deny him his first Wrexham goal.
Harris: 9 - My MOTM. Very tempted to give him a ten, probably if he got more than one goal I would have. But that's nit-picking. He looked a class above in everything he did - please nobody send Neil Warnock the match report. How we've got him for the season is beyond me, he should be playing higher.
McIntosh: 5 - As said previously, largely anonymous. Just didn't get into the game at all. Glad he went off when he did because it might have been like playing with 9 men. Willing to give him another chance though.
Hooper: 7 - Chased down their defenders, was just a nuisance all game. Always on the hunt for goals which I like, even if he didn't seem to get much luck.

SUBS
Rutherford: 7 - Got the assist, helped out defensively. I think he's better off the bench than he is a starter.
Carrington: 7 - Did everything asked of him, helped us see out the game and didn't put a foot wrong in the time he was on the pitch.
Oswell: N/A - Not on long enough to rate, but did help hold the ball deep in their half so no complaints about his short performance.

Overall, a good performance. Thoroughly deserved 3 points, probably deserved to win by a bigger margin given how dominant we were first half. Definitely one for the neutral despite the low score.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.39:54   #29-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
Dibble: 7 - Solid, kept himself a clean sheet and made some good saves to deny Halifax.
Barnum-Bobb: 7 - Tough one to rate. Excellent as a threat down the right hand side with Harris, got caught forward a little but it's to be expected from a player of his style.
Lawlor: 6 - He was solid until the red. He had to take one for the team and he did. Proved to be the right decision, even if we miss him for 3 games.
Pearson: 7 - Impressed me how much he learned from Boreham Wood and Dover. A little sluggish at times but imperative to how we held on to win. A good player never stops learning.
Jennings: 7 - I thought he did a decent job, but didn't help he was down the left with a largely anonymous McIntosh. When he was moved to CB after the red I was questioning it with Barton on the bench, but he more than held his own.
Summerfield: 6 - Game of two halfs for him. I thought he was good 1st half but 2nd half he began to play a lot of wayward balls. I don't know how he got sponsor's MOTM.
Young: 8 - Engine in midfield. Never stopped running, kept stopping Halifax's attacks and starting ours. 9 games out of 10 he'd have got my MOTM for that performance.
Redmond: 7 - Played some good football, especially in the first half. Took an absolute wonder save (as in, probably one of the best I've seen live) to deny him his first Wrexham goal.
Harris: 9 - My MOTM. Very tempted to give him a ten, probably if he got more than one goal I would have. But that's nit-picking. He looked a class above in everything he did - please nobody send Neil Warnock the match report. How we've got him for the season is beyond me, he should be playing higher.
McIntosh: 5 - As said previously, largely anonymous. Just didn't get into the game at all. Glad he went off when he did because it might have been like playing with 9 men. Willing to give him another chance though.
Hooper: 7 - Chased down their defenders, was just a nuisance all game. Always on the hunt for goals which I like, even if he didn't seem to get much luck.

SUBS
Rutherford: 7 - Got the assist, helped out defensively. I think he's better off the bench than he is a starter.
Carrington: 7 - Did everything asked of him, helped us see out the game and didn't put a foot wrong in the time he was on the pitch.
Oswell: N/A - Not on long enough to rate, but did help hold the ball deep in their half so no complaints about his short performance.

Overall, a good performance. Thoroughly deserved 3 points, probably deserved to win by a bigger margin given how dominant we were first half. Definitely one for the neutral despite the low score.
This hurts my eyes
Old 14th August 2019, 10.40:48   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by B10Red View Post
Booked BB for walking in front of the ball for the first time when the Halifax player next to him had been allowed to continue doing so all first half unpunished.

Couldn't spot a foul at all, for both sides to be fair. Number of times Young brought someone down as they ran forward and he gave nothing.

The red was spot on, but he literally had no choice.

Should have been a pen to us for handball, and a yellow for them for diving.
Agree with all of this.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.42:20   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Our card count is racking up this season.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.46:35   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
This hurts my eyes
How so? The first half we hardly gave them a sniff. It was close to a perfect performance as you're likely to get at this level (a goal would have topped it off).

I've docked points for most from there given the 2nd half was a bit shakier, but the first half I feel justifies higher ratings than I'd usually give.
Old 14th August 2019, 10.51:24   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Barnum Bobb was booked for ungentlemanly conduct - he clearly kicked the ball away when Halifax had a throw in - totally avoidable.
I can see why he did it though. They had a quick counter on us and he had to come over from the opposite side of the pitch to make the tackle. He then held on to it until everyone was back then threw it away so that he could get back into position on the far side of the pitch.
Old 14th August 2019, 11.42:59   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I was close to the incident although have not seen a replay. Why was it a stonewall penalty? Their players were going down without contact all night. Seems they fooled you too!
They obviously fooled you as well Phil
Old 14th August 2019, 11.55:18   #35-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
How so? The first half we hardly gave them a sniff. It was close to a perfect performance as you're likely to get at this level (a goal would have topped it off).

I've docked points for most from there given the 2nd half was a bit shakier, but the first half I feel justifies higher ratings than I'd usually give.
Nothing to do with content, it was a lot of info crammed in and some repeated.
Old 14th August 2019, 11.59:58   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
Agree but even though only on 20 mins or so I'd give Carra 8. Dont think you can underestimate his contribution. The guy is far better than the credit he is given. Solid, calm and sensible distribution.
Even though the four goals in our two away games have all come from his side. OK as a sub but should never start for us. He has proved to be a liability for the past three seasons.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.04:37.