RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Stockport ticket allocation? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114347-stockport-ticket-allocation.html)

aber_red 20th August 2019 15.55:44

Stockport ticket allocation?

I work with a Stockport fan, and he's shocked, that they've been sent just 1050 tickets, behind the goal he tells me. Now, maybe like Notts County, they, only sent us 700, but more where available from their on-line ticket sales, and could be bought on the day, which is why we more than doubled the number of tickets sent. So, where will the Stockport fans be allocated on the day. This is an issue,that keeps coming up, when a large following is expected, and, I might be wrong here, but didn't the club say, that home fans would NOT, be moved from the Tech End again, a problem which they thought had gone away, when Chester and Tranmere left our league. If the normal away section, and the lower tier below only holds 1200, then so be it, that's where they should go. There are grounds in this league, Chorley springs to mind, where only a few hundred tickets will be available.

joe 20th August 2019 15.59:10

Re: Stockport ticket allocation?

No they’re in the Yale stand.

aber_red 20th August 2019 16.03:55

Thanks Joe, I stand to be corrected. That's why the figure is 1050 tickets available. I will pass the message on, to my Stockport loving mate.

FieldtownRed 20th August 2019 16.59:15

[QUOTE=aber_red;2283474]Thanks Joe, I stand to be corrected. That's why the figure is 1050 tickets available. I will pass the message on, to my Stockport loving mate.[/QUOTE]

Maybe suggest to your mate to look on the County website. It says on there which stand the 1050 away fans will be housed in.

marathonplny 20th August 2019 17.01:32

Why can’t they also be given the Yale mold end lower tier ?

more fans more ££££

FieldtownRed 20th August 2019 17.03:31

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2283485]Why can’t they also be given the Yale mold end lower tier ?

more fans more ££££[/QUOTE]

They have been.

joe 20th August 2019 17.07:42

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2283485]Why can’t they also be given the Yale mold end lower tier ?

more fans more ££££[/QUOTE]

They have. Usually would house 1200 in both tiers but presume the 150 is needed for segregation.

marathonplny 20th August 2019 18.13:15

Ok
Hadn’t realised that

Hope we have to open lower tier tech end

What an atmosphere there would be

Red Light 20th August 2019 18.31:51

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2283501]Ok
Hadn’t realised that

Hope we have to open lower tier tech end

What an atmosphere there would be[/QUOTE]

Again another example of a revenue loss making legacy of having a 3 sided ground.

Can't see the lower tier of the Tech End (Wrexham) and lower tier of the Yale (SCFC) both being open at the same time - but you never know if both areas are segregated with sterile areas.

It might not be popular but the safe option would be to hand SCFC the top tier of the University / Tech End - it would also allow the club to bring in serious coin which would partially go to offsetting the high additional policing / security costs - I could see County bringing best part of 2,000 fans to this one - if we had room for them in the right place.

Another reason why the stadium needs developing ASAP - it's a basket case as it is and hinders investment.

By the way I am a ST holder in the Tech End so would be directly affected - but would be willing to be displaced for one game as we were for Chester & Tranmere - we would lose a bit of atmosphere but make our bank balance would be much healthier by 5.455 pm - although that's way down on the priorities isn't it ? discuss.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.33:28.