Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th August 2019, 12.34:49   #118-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
As I said earlier it’s the fans that hold the club back. To say we don’t need a football person advising a football club is genuinely laughable.
Agree we need to have a football person on board but to say the fans hold the club back is nonsense. The club wouldn't be where it is without the fans, you know the 4500 that turn up and put the money into the coffers.

We need a football brain on the board and should be looking at bringing on board investment partners in way that the trust still has the majority shareholding.
Old 29th August 2019, 13.15:33   #119-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

The fans holding the club back ffs, couldn't make it up
Old 29th August 2019, 13.33:34   #120-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown View Post
The fans holding the club back ffs, couldn't make it up
I know. He started fine with this idea but with that one nonsense statement he's lost all credibility.
Old 29th August 2019, 15.35:55   #121-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Agree we need to have a football person on board but to say the fans hold the club back is nonsense. The club wouldn't be where it is without the fans, you know the 4500 that turn up and put the money into the coffers.

We need a football brain on the board and should be looking at bringing on board investment partners in way that the trust still has the majority shareholding.
The biggest battle when we were in the shit was convincing Wrexham fans. The Valentines message was lapped up by many. That is history but my point is that to move forward you have to convince Wxm fans and thats the battle.

I think that we must have now football experience in a role within the club.

Part time
Either just advising or non exec director
Must have worked at a football club within the last 5-8 years say
Must be someone who would be passionate about shaping the football side of the business from top to bottom

There are many who feel this is a soft idea. I disagree.
Old 29th August 2019, 16.12:58   #122-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The biggest battle when we were in the shit was convincing Wrexham fans. The Valentines message was lapped up by many. That is history but my point is that to move forward you have to convince Wxm fans and thats the battle.

Part time
Must be someone who would be passionate about shaping the football side of the business from top to bottom

You've had to go some way back there to find a extremely vague example of fans 'holding the club back' and I'm not sure that's even a valid example of that.

Surely if they/we are then there must be better more recent examples? Or did the holding back in the vague example you gave have such an impact the effects are still being felt today?

Its ok to admit you were wrong you know.
Old 29th August 2019, 16.37:27   #123-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
You've had to go some way back there to find a extremely vague example of fans 'holding the club back' and I'm not sure that's even a valid example of that.

Surely if they/we are then there must be better more recent examples? Or did the holding back in the vague example you gave have such an impact the effects are still being felt today?

No it was a massive hurdle, not a vague example. The success of the field is testament to what can be achieved when Wrexham Fans on board. As I say the biggest battle in those days was actually with Wrexham fans.

I feel that a Director of Football is a much less controversial step but the fact that someone was booed for suggesting it tells me its something that needs arguing.

And for the record I am never wrong....!
Old 29th August 2019, 16.38:06   #124-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post

3PM will probably recall many WST members calling for the then board of The Trust to hand over trust money to Mr Mss and his fellow directors. Remember he was constantly trying to get his hands on trust funds.

Thank goodness the wise members of that WST board kept the bulk of the funds despite being under fire from some influential supporters.
Old 29th August 2019, 23.24:02   #125-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Completely agree and we need an experienced person paid to do the role too, if a bit of money has to come out of the footballing budget then so be it.
I wonder how much Denis Smith would want.
Old 30th August 2019, 00.13:00   #126-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

Part time

I still go back to Brian Flynn.

What does he do and how often does he do it ?

if anyone knows or can provide proof he still has any connection with the club it might answer a few questions. Is having an assistant manager working alongside the current inexperienced manager on a day to day basis physically in person more important than taking on a 'director of football' and is it affordable ?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.57:46.