Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28th August 2019, 10.27:30   #11-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Nothing will change anytime soon, Spencer and his disciples have it all figured out. No need to panic as we are only 12 years into a 20 year plan to get promoted !
Old 28th August 2019, 10.49:53   #12-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Typical QR in to quash anything to do with D of Football , Yes what actually is Brian Flynn doing these days , does anyone know . Do you QR .
A purely personal view that a Director of football is a waste of resources.
it would however take some pressure off the manager and coaches as we'd have another whipping boy to target for perceived failure.
The board would still be vilified for the appointment of "Joe Bloggs" when "Fred Fox" was available.
I'd be interested to see how many D o F's there are in the football league and National league.
As for Flynn. - Seems to be more involved this season but don't know how much time he spends here. Maybe someone in the know could enlighten us.
Old 28th August 2019, 10.55:14   #13-0 (permalink)
-
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
A purely personal view that a Director of football is a waste of resources.
it would however take some pressure off the manager and coaches as we'd have another whipping boy to target for perceived failure.
The board would still be vilified for the appointment of "Joe Bloggs" when "Fred Fox" was available.
I'd be interested to see how many D o F's there are in the football league and National league.
As for Flynn. - Seems to be more involved this season but don't know how much time he spends here. Maybe someone in the know could enlighten us.
Do you honestly think that the board or whoever at the club are 'vilified' without good reason?
This seems to suggest the criticism isn't valid.
The main topic now is how on earth did BH get the job as manager? Is this something you can answer QR?
Old 28th August 2019, 10.58:00   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

I kind of agree with QR in that we possibly don't 'need' a specific Director of Football. In our circumstances the ideal person would be a 'Director of Football' that will volunteer their expertise for free. But that is extremely unlikely.

I still feel we need Footballing experience (or at least experience of making football related decisions) at Board level. Maybe Flynn would be better in that role rather than this 1 day a week assistant thing?

The argument that our board is experienced due to the fact they have been in situ so long is starting to look thin when you consider the 'footballing success' we have had under the current set up. There appears, from the outside looking in, to have been some baffling decisions made recently. Fair enough, people make mistakes but you earn more respect and support if you admit this and learn from them.

IMO I just think we have reached our 'level' of sustainability and unless we get lucky we won't progress any higher any time soon. I'm all for financial stability, don't get me wrong, but stability at the cost of stagnating isn't necessarily the best way.

We need to look at the current model, experience of the directors, financial avenues of income etc and see where improvements can be made, and make them.

Then we can hopefully progress in the direction we all want.
Old 28th August 2019, 11.00:28   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Lockdown at home
Real Name: Patrick
Twitter: @podders1981





Default Re: Director of Football

I dont think its worth spending out on a Director of football. But someone with relevant and recent experience of playing and/or managing in football sitting on the club board would be a good thing. Not to necessarily replace anyone but to add to what we already have.
Old 28th August 2019, 11.04:03   #16-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
I dont think its worth spending out on a Director of football. But someone with relevant and recent experience of playing and/or managing in football sitting on the club board would be a good thing. Not to necessarily replace anyone but to add to what we already have.
Which is what a lot of us are proposing needs to happen. I don't understand why that idea gets so much resistance from some on here.....
Old 28th August 2019, 11.06:15   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
A purely personal view that a Director of football is a waste of resources.
it would however take some pressure off the manager and coaches as we'd have another whipping boy to target for perceived failure.
The board would still be vilified for the appointment of "Joe Bloggs" when "Fred Fox" was available.
I'd be interested to see how many D o F's there are in the football league and National league.
As for Flynn. - Seems to be more involved this season but don't know how much time he spends here. Maybe someone in the know could enlighten us.
Agree it would be a waste of resources for a club in our position. We have limited monies in reality only just enough for the basics.
If we had any spare money should we spend it on:
Ground improvements?
Establishing a C of E?
An experienced Manager?
A full time Assistant Manager?
Decent training facilties?
Appropriate facilites for our disabled supporters?
The first team?
Set up a reserve team?
Etc etc

But I am sure you get my drift
Old 28th August 2019, 11.11:35   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Id say it would probably help if we had a proven first team manager aswell
__________________
Telling the truth since 2004
Old 28th August 2019, 11.13:15   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Quay Red's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Do you honestly think that the board or whoever at the club are 'vilified' without good reason?
This seems to suggest the criticism isn't valid.
The main topic now is how on earth did BH get the job as manager? Is this something you can answer QR?
Some criticism of the board has been valid, Can't argue that. Think some fans go a bit OTT though without giving it much thought.
I understand that BH had applied for the job when Ricketts jumped ship. When Barrow changed his mind the applications were filed and reassessed after Barrow changed his mind.
Personally thought the Barrow appointment at the time was done out of a sense of loyalty to the existing staff.(Soft option) In hindsight we should have been more ruthless and made a fresh appointment straight away. It may still have been BH anyway.
Old 28th August 2019, 11.17:48   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Garry
Twitter: @





Default Re: Director of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Some criticism of the board has been valid, Can't argue that. Think some fans go a bit OTT though without giving it much thought.
I understand that BH had applied for the job when Ricketts jumped ship. When Barrow changed his mind the applications were filed and reassessed after Barrow changed his mind.
Personally thought the Barrow appointment at the time was done out of a sense of loyalty to the existing staff.(Soft option) In hindsight we should have been more ruthless and made a fresh appointment straight away. It may still have been BH anyway.
And how did Denis Lawrence fall in this saga?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.56:32.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12