RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Director of Football (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114386-director-football.html)

3pmsaturday 28th August 2019 09.50:49

Director of Football

I have said it over and over again. We need a sporting director or director of football. Non exec but to advise.

To set the footballing strategy for the club in its entirety from youth up.

To advise on appointments of coaches academy and management. Yo advise on budgets to attend football related conferences and be up to date.

The current board are not equipped and the stubbornness to attend to this very obvious hole in expertise and knowledge is negligent.

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% behind the board in all other areas and are constantly grateful for their efforts

joe 28th August 2019 09.59:24

Re: Director of Football

Completely agree and we need an experienced person paid to do the role too, if a bit of money has to come out of the footballing budget then so be it.

Quay Red 28th August 2019 10.06:45

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2286118]I have said it over and over again. We need a sporting director or director of football. Non exec but to advise.

To set the footballing strategy for the club in its entirety from youth up.

To advise on appointments of coaches academy and management. Yo advise on budgets to attend football related conferences and be up to date.

The current board are not equipped and the stubbornness to attend to this very obvious hole in expertise and knowledge is negligent.

For the avoidance of doubt I am 100% behind the board in all other areas and are constantly grateful for their efforts[/QUOTE]

Wonder what Brian Flynn's doing these days?

sparky 28th August 2019 10.09:07

I thought we already had one in CD?

The youth system ship seems to have sailed a long time ago so no point talking about that whilst we are in non league.

Do we really need to be paying someone circa 50k a year to tell us that a Hughes/Lawrence appointment is very risky, an Askey appointment is much less so and a bloke playing in Scottish league one or whatever it was ain't going to be any good?

Phils-an-alki 28th August 2019 10.16:30

[QUOTE=sparky;2286126]I thought we already had one in CD?

The youth system ship seems to have sailed a long time ago so no point talking about that whilst we are in non league.

Do we really need to be paying someone circa 50k a year to tell us that a Hughes/Lawrence appointment is very risky, an Askey appointment is much less so and a bloke playing in Scottish league one or whatever it was ain't going to be any good?[/QUOTE]

Exactly this.
Promoting assistant manager to managers when the manager jumps ship, they've done it twice now, both disasters, lesson clearly not learnt. Cheap option taken each time.

CRUMBS 28th August 2019 10.16:35

Typical QR in to quash anything to do with D of Football , Yes what actually is Brian Flynn doing these days , does anyone know . Do you QR .

pagl 28th August 2019 10.16:43

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2286123]Wonder what Brian Flynn's doing these days?[/QUOTE]

Mi££ion dollar question :)

Red_Jackoisback 28th August 2019 10.18:54

So why didn’t Barry Horne work out?

Wasn’t he the person who sanctioned Mills strategy of one year contracts only and auto extensions after a few games.

Just cos there would be a DOF doesn’t mean it would be any better.

3pmsaturday 28th August 2019 10.21:28

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2286129]Exactly this.
Promoting assistant manager to managers when the manager jumps ship, they've done it twice now, both disasters, lesson clearly not learnt. Cheap option taken each time.[/QUOTE]

Plainly yes

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.45:10.