RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Leadership (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114404-new-leadership.html)

thedischunter96 1st September 2019 16.32:15

Re: New Leadership

I want to know when all this 1 day a week work started?

John Neals Dynasty 1st September 2019 21.31:44

[QUOTE=welshian;2288142]National League north[/QUOTE]

What I meant by National league level will include National North, the post isn’t to bash the untouchables, because volunteering their time is commendable, we all recognise the work done behind the scenes off the field, it's the playing side they are out of their depth in, when Bircham and Horne left the rumour at the time was they did not agree with appointing Keates, those 2 have not been replaced, we need someone with more experience on the playing side.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 2nd September 2019 08.00:22

What an embarrassing thread for the OP, shot down and argument crushed within a few posts.
Honestly this has been explained time and time again, but we all know where these lurkers appear from and what their motivation is. Minions of the a certain board member.

fezbob 2nd September 2019 08.11:42

It's interesting how even people speaking in praise of the board say they're good at everything but running the football side. Don't get me wrong, I think putting the club on a financially sound footing was very important and continues to be a priority, however is it not a bit concerning about the shortcomings in relation to our core business i.e. football?

René Higuita 2nd September 2019 08.41:39

[QUOTE=fezbob;2288429]It's interesting how even people speaking in praise of the board say they're good at everything but running the football side. Don't get me wrong, I think putting the club on a financially sound footing was very important and continues to be a priority, however is it not a bit concerning about the shortcomings in relation to our core business i.e. football?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

No how dare you post something which makes so much sense. Don't speak out against the WST again.

Haruki 2nd September 2019 08.53:29

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2288108]It is obvious that the footballing side of the business is not working and therefore something has to change, however, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Instead of people going we need people to come in to strengthen the board. As I have been saying we need a Director of Football.[/QUOTE]

You did say that but you also had a Stef Booth moment and blamed the fans for everything. Comments you are yet to justify or defend

pagl 2nd September 2019 09.05:22

[QUOTE=fezbob;2288429]It's interesting how even people speaking in praise of the board say they're good at everything but running the football side. Don't get me wrong, I think putting the club on a financially sound footing was very important and continues to be a priority, however is it not a bit concerning about the shortcomings in relation to our core business i.e. football?

Apart from collecting membership money can you advise all the other WST activities, strategies and events that are happening. Thx

Inside Left 2nd September 2019 09.22:08

[QUOTE=pagl;2288451]Apart from collecting membership money can you advise all the other WST activities, strategies and events that are happening. Thx[/QUOTE]

All WST activities and plans are recorded in their minutes and have been since its formation. Minutes from years ago age in the archive section. Thanks to the webmaster.

Haruki 2nd September 2019 09.42:16

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2288455]All WST activities and plans are recorded in their minutes and have been since its formation. Minutes from years ago age in the archive section. [B]Thanks to the webmaster.[/B][/QUOTE]

So you are one of the many stooges of the Man U fan then?

eosceiriog 2nd September 2019 10.33:35

A few astute observations.

It is all a matter of opinion but I think you are spot on with your question. There is no clear focus on the core activity.

Sorry to be a party pooper for the devotees but are they so very good at everything else, leaving aside the 3 manager debacle? From memory and I'm sure lots of other examples exist:

• Match noticeboard Mold Road frequently out of date
• Shop Thefts
• League Table on website weeks out of date (April 2019).
• Inclusive nature of disabled facilities not prioritised
• Open day fiascos (see 2019 thread and previous years
• Loudspeaker system, 1864 complaints and centenary complaints plus
bird muck on some seats on first day season.
• No names / incorrect names on seats.
• Debacle with netting behind goal first game.
• Barnet game where the stadium announcer told us all that JJ Hooper had gone off the pitch for a sub when it was in fact Redmond

It gives an overall impression of being a pretty sloppy organisation all round.

CRUMBS 2nd September 2019 10.54:29

Well said eosceiriog , toilets were absolutely disgraceful as well , all this praise and as you point out is it that good what they do .Stadium manager does things at will according to someone .

moldroadred 2nd September 2019 11.03:27

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2288474]A few astute observations.

It is all a matter of opinion but I think you are spot on with your question. There is no clear focus on the core activity.

Sorry to be a party pooper for the devotees but are they so very good at everything else, leaving aside the 3 manager debacle? From memory and I'm sure lots of other examples exist:

• Shop Thefts
• Barnet game where the stadium announcer told us all that JJ Hooper had gone off the pitch for a sub when it was in fact Redmond

It gives an overall impression of being a pretty sloppy organisation all round.[/QUOTE]

It may seem trivial but the last few games the announcer is still reading out the team sheets when the match has kicked off. Start the announcement earlier.
It grates with me.

Ooh aah Paskin 2nd September 2019 11.05:05

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2288482]It may seem trivial but the last few games the announcer is still reading out the team sheets when the match has kicked off. Start the announcement earlier.
It grates with me.[/QUOTE]

And you can't hear them properly in the MRS as the volume is set to Apocalypse...

Birdy 2nd September 2019 12.16:16

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2288482]It may seem trivial but the last few games the announcer is still reading out the team sheets when the match has kicked off. Start the announcement earlier.
It grates with me.[/QUOTE]

Yer that gets on my t1ts too so annoying.

Vorporix 2nd September 2019 12.19:34

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2288483]And you can't hear them properly in the MRS as [B]the volume is set to Apocalypse[/B]...[/QUOTE]

Not only that - it lets out the occasion 'ear piercing' sound!

I'm sure someone is on a wind up :)

John Neals Dynasty 2nd September 2019 12.30:08

As soon as that dated song comes on Here they come the mighty champions I feel like throwing up with the dated nursery rhyming sound of it. Away fans must laugh at it.

Wenttoanderlechtin76 2nd September 2019 12.36:40

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2288474]A few astute observations.

• Shop Thefts

It gives an overall impression of being a pretty sloppy organisation all round.[/QUOTE]

You should try walking through the boardroom as ball sponsors sometimes have to do, its not been decorated since the 70s !

Vorporix 2nd September 2019 12.38:41

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2288537]As soon as that dated song comes on Here they come the mighty champions I feel like throwing up with the dated nursery rhyming sound of it. Away fans must laugh at it.

Snap - especially when I hear 'rising to promotion'......that is a real kick in the meat and two veg.

Huffy 2nd September 2019 12.44:40

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2288545]Snap - especially when I hear 'rising to promotion'......that is a real kick in the meat and two veg.[/QUOTE]

Yes , too right

draig arian 2nd September 2019 12.51:04

[QUOTE=CosmicCol;2287773]There seem to many posting about the inadequacies of the WST and Board - and a number of Posters appear to express a derogatory view about Spencer Harris and as part of that call for a change.

What I don’t understand, is if such individuals hold such a view why don’t they stand for election or nominate another person who might have superior capabilities as an alternative?

It is easy to highlight perceived issues with the current regime but the WST is democratic so why not forward the alternice solutions for Leadership that you have.

Names and CVs appreciated in reply[/QUOTE]
Just because there seems to be many posting about the inadequacies of the WST Board, that does not mean that these people should have to stand for election. Ridiculous

Phils-an-alki 2nd September 2019 13.17:05

[QUOTE=draig arian;2288550]Just because there seems to be many posting about the inadequacies of the WST Board, that does not mean that these people should have to stand for election. Ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Its backwards logic but trying telling the likes of Alan Attack and the OP that. They can't really believe it, surely? :eek:
Scary stuff, these people walk our streets.

This thread by the way, has almost definitely come from one of the clique with connections to current board members. Poor effort from CW, whoever that is. ;)

FieldtownRed 2nd September 2019 13.19:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2288554]Its backwards logic but trying telling the likes of Alan Attack and the OP that. They can't really believe it, surely? :eek:
Scary stuff, these people walk our streets.

This thread by the way, has almost definitely come from one of the clique with connections to current board members. Poor effort from CW, whoever that is. ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you think the people who support the current board genuinely care what people post on red passion? Aside from Alan Attack that is.

Wenttoanderlechtin76 2nd September 2019 13.27:46

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2288555]Do you think the people who support the current board genuinely care what people post on red passion? Aside from Alan Attack that is.[/QUOTE]

The people who support the current board are part of the problem. 12 years and counting !

Phils-an-alki 2nd September 2019 13.27:59

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2288555]Do you think the people who support the current board genuinely care what people post on red passion? Aside from Alan Attack that is.[/QUOTE]

They must do because some come on here (or are sent) trying to desperately calm and convince the masses that the right people are in charge. backed up by the fact that at least 3 board members stalk this forum on a regular basis.

If you think or know fan opinion is being totally ignored then that's even worse.

dixienormous 2nd September 2019 13.38:50

This club will go nowhere until everyone wakes up to the fact either the current board or whole structure has/is failing. Until then, the club will continue to be a basket case.

FieldtownRed 2nd September 2019 13.40:04

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2288560]They must do because some come on here (or are sent) trying to desperately calm and convince the masses that the right people are in charge. backed up by the fact that at least 3 board members stalk this forum on a regular basis.

[B]If you think or know fan opinion is being totally ignored then that's even worse.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I think it is. There appears to be virtually zero 2-way communication between fans and board.

Has there been a WST meeting recently? I'm not saying people need to attend to make their point but I'm struggling to see how else people who are concerned will get answers. It's either that or sending emails to board members isnt it?

standman 2nd September 2019 13.43:19

[QUOTE=Vorporix;2288545]Snap - especially when I hear 'rising to promotion'......that is a real kick in the meat and two veg.[/QUOTE]

Playing ‘we’ Still here’ after the play off defeat and almost every game is ramming it down your throat. Got no tact what so ever this club and shows these people live in a deluded world of their own.

Phils-an-alki 2nd September 2019 13.45:27

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2288565]Yes, I think it is. There appears to be virtually zero 2-way communication between fans and board.

Has there been a WST meeting recently? I'm not saying people need to attend to make their point but I'm struggling to see how else people who are concerned will get answers. It's either that or sending emails to board members isnt it?[/QUOTE]

Its gone beyond seeking answers in my view. Getting answer won't change a thing. You don't get any anyway. Been there, tried that. Was utterly pointless.

I'd be amazed if there was genuinely one fan who deep down is not concerned, even if they won't admit to it on here.

Ooh aah Paskin 2nd September 2019 14.05:20

[QUOTE=Wenttoanderlechtin76;2288543]You should try walking through the boardroom as ball sponsors sometimes have to do, its not been decorated since the 70s ![/QUOTE]

Maybe its intentionally retro? :D

chef1 2nd September 2019 14.52:00

The board are the problem until everyone of them is replaced we are stuck here .we are a chosen fews hobby

3pmsaturday 2nd September 2019 16.23:53

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2288564]This club will go nowhere until everyone wakes up to the fact either the current board or whole structure has/is failing. Until then, the club will continue to be a basket case.[/QUOTE]

Is it really though? I would contest that we need to improve (drastically) the football part by appointing, you know someone who knows about football. That apart the board are doing a great job.

dixienormous 2nd September 2019 16.35:15

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2288649]Is it really though? I would contest that we need to improve (drastically) the football part by appointing, you know someone who knows about football. That apart the board are doing a great job.[/QUOTE]

Apart from the football at a football club they're doing great!! You couldn't make it up! It's like saying a construction firm are doing great apart from the building part!

OneLoveWrexham 2nd September 2019 16.36:31

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2288654]Apart from the football at a football club they're doing great!! You couldn't make it up! It's like saying a construction firm are doing great apart from the building part![/QUOTE]
Exactly baffling really

Birdy 2nd September 2019 19.36:28

We should just be renamed Wrexham Club, as we having nothing to do with Football atm!

3pmsaturday 2nd September 2019 21.23:15

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2288654]Apart from the football at a football club they're doing great!! You couldn't make it up! It's like saying a construction firm are doing great apart from the building part![/QUOTE]

That was my point......it has to change

GarryOggy 2nd September 2019 23.54:37

[QUOTE=Wenttoanderlechtin76;2288543]You should try walking through the boardroom as ball sponsors sometimes have to do, its not been decorated since the 70s ![/QUOTE]

I thought the boardroom would be covered in gold like a Bond villains lair. No caviar and Dom Perignon either? They need to up their game they have got a reputation of egotistical freeloaders to upheld.

GarryOggy 3rd September 2019 00.25:16

[QUOTE=chef1;2288608]The board are the problem until everyone of them is replaced we are stuck here .we are a chosen fews hobby[/QUOTE]

Who will run the club if they all resigned tomorrow seriously? You maybe able to get away with losing a couple but what about the finances and the work Phil Salmon does?

pagl 3rd September 2019 01.46:54

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2288740]Who will run the club if they all resigned tomorrow seriously? You maybe able to get away with losing a couple but what about the finances and the work Phil Salmon does?[/QUOTE]

Which is why it has to be evolution not revolution.
Get right people in right places doing relevant jobs.

Visibility on match day is important but not as important as your key role.

3pmsaturday 3rd September 2019 05.46:04

[QUOTE=pagl;2288743]Which is why it has to be evolution not revolution.

Visibility on match day is important but not as important as your key role.[/QUOTE]

A tweek to the existing is all we need

Superunknown 3rd September 2019 07.05:11

[QUOTE=pagl;2288743]Which is why it has to be evolution not revolution.

Visibility on match day is important but not as important as your key role.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, just someone who actually knows about football, in the boardroom and in the dugout.

I think what's grated a lot of people is there's been no real explanation for the Barrow fiasco, there seems to be little accountability when they balls it up.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.49:48.