RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Leadership (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114404-new-leadership.html)

Pieman 3rd September 2019 07.11:10

Re: New Leadership

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2288654]Apart from the football at a football club they're doing great!! You couldn't make it up! It's like saying a construction firm are doing great apart from the building part![/QUOTE]

Sums things up mate

ruthinred 3rd September 2019 07.15:20

[url]https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/a-statement-from-the-chairman/[/url]

What we should be doing , securing minority investment by issuing shares

Current stalemate getting us nowhere

sparky 3rd September 2019 07.54:35

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2288758][url]https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/a-statement-from-the-chairman/[/url]

Current stalemate getting us nowhere[/QUOTE]

I think it's unfair to say it's getting us nowhere, because in contrast to the likes of Tranmere, Lincoln etc, we are going backwards at an alarming rate. #fanscan

ruthinred 3rd September 2019 08.01:04

[QUOTE=sparky;2288765]I think it's unfair to say it's getting us nowhere, because in contrast to the likes of Tranmere, Lincoln etc, we are going backwards at an alarming rate. #fanscan[/QUOTE]

An example of a forward thinking pro active chairman, taking an educated risk to improve the clubs future

All business’ need to evolve

Phils-an-alki 3rd September 2019 08.02:47

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2288758][url]https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2019/september/a-statement-from-the-chairman/[/url]

Silly Tranmere, those 'mythical' investors (who definitely do not exist) will kill the club and steal all their kids Christmas presents.

eosceiriog 3rd September 2019 09.00:12

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2288771]Silly Tranmere, those 'mythical' investors (who definitely do not exist) will kill the club and steal all their kids Christmas presents.[/QUOTE]

Of course opportunities exist. The pretence is over. The situation is that the current owners do not want it.

At least the debate should now move on from "there are / have been no offers" to why the hell not.

Are we more or less "sustainable" than Tranmere? Change or lag behind.

Inside Left 3rd September 2019 09.02:46

I have a degree fo respect for the owners of Tranmere and it will be interesting to see how the project there develop. The Indonesian company will not invest without looking forward for some return.
One has to bare in mind the Tranmere model still carries a historic debt which has been reduced by a touch of football fortune as well as sound financial management by Nicola.

Wrexham supporters have been really lucky in that the mess the previous left the club in was managed with help from 'football fortune' transfers and cup income. Add to that healthy attendances at The Racecourse.

I can only guess that the Indonesian 'investors' will have future buy in clauses or at the least a percentage take from future business.

I would be interested to know from those who propose a similar share offer for Wrexham how they would see it being managed.

Back in the day when Wrexham was fan owned by small shareholders they was a proposal to increase the shareholding. That idea was investigated and it was found to be expensive in itself to issue and manage the share extension. That was a good few years ago and I am aware times have changed.

ABd 3rd September 2019 09.08:08

Depressing reading that, whilst we 'look forward' to the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup.

OneLoveWrexham 3rd September 2019 09.13:23

I thought Tranmere were going to be the next club to go bump, the ‘experts’ said they spend way beyond their means to win promotion and won’t progress under their ownership model....

benwilliams 3rd September 2019 09.27:30

Just read the Tranmere statement. How would most fans feel about an Indonesian company buying a stake in us? I'm not saying it would be a bad thing necessarily but neither is it a local businessman investing in the local community or a lifelong supporter made good.

Phils-an-alki 3rd September 2019 09.31:02

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2288798]Just read the Tranmere statement. How would most fans feel about an Indonesian company buying a stake in us? I'm not saying it would be a bad thing necessarily but neither is it a local businessman investing in the local community or a lifelong supporter made good.[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether you trust the people who own/run the club to do a good deal for the club.

ruthinred 3rd September 2019 09.45:08

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2288798]Just read the Tranmere statement. How would most fans feel about an Indonesian company buying a stake in us? I'm not saying it would be a bad thing necessarily but neither is it a local businessman investing in the local community or a lifelong supporter made good.[/QUOTE]

Fine ,after doing due diligence

Its a minority share afterall

Some People are convinced wealthy investors are only after profits— its not true

Football clubs like Race horses are often bought for the experience, the challange and the desire to succeed in a pastime they thoroughly enjoy

Foxy 3rd September 2019 10.01:30

[QUOTE=ruthinred;2288804]Fine ,after doing due diligence

Its a minority share afterall

Some People are convinced wealthy investors are only after profits— its not true

Football clubs like Race horses are often bought for the experience, the challange and the desire to succeed in a pastime they thoroughly enjoy[/QUOTE]

Before this happens we need to change key players, notably Pete Jones . Some of them are absolutely set on nothing but 100% 'fans' ownership.

WrexhamO 3rd September 2019 10.09:58

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2288740]Who will run the club if they all resigned tomorrow seriously? You maybe able to get away with losing a couple but what about the finances and the work Phil Salmon does?[/QUOTE]

To be fair this would be a problem of the clubs own making if they all - or even one of them resigned.
They should have long since had succession/contingency planning and it's amazing that it has taken a resolution at this year's AGM to bring that about.
If Phil Salmon was to leave we would probably just have to pay people to do the work he's done for free. That could make a big dent in finances!

John Neals Dynasty 3rd September 2019 10.52:11

[QUOTE=Superunknown;2288755]Agreed, doesn't have to be a complete overhaul, just someone who actually knows about football, in the boardroom and in the dugout.

I think what's grated a lot of people is there's been no real explanation for the Barrow fiasco, there seems to be little accountability when they balls it up.[/QUOTE]

Well said it's the closing of ranks and no admitting they got it wrong + the lack of information that's coming out that winds fans up.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

John Neals Dynasty 3rd September 2019 10.53:42

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2288654]Apart from the football at a football club they're doing great!! You couldn't make it up! It's like saying a construction firm are doing great apart from the building part![/QUOTE]

Love your posts Dixie you don't hold back and you're correct with this analysis.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 3rd September 2019 11.28:28

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2288812]To be fair this would be a problem of the clubs own making if they all - or even one of them resigned.
They should have long since had succession/contingency planning and it's amazing that it has taken a resolution at this year's AGM to bring that about.
If Phil Salmon was to leave we would probably just have to pay people to do the work he's done for free. That could make a big dent in finances![/QUOTE]

Thats why working groups have to be created. Natural succession plus more bodies doing the work and more balanced views.

RU took a brave stance in Jan but I agree with him.
The WST should have been informed and as I said on another post we have the tail wagging the dog.

I also ask the same question - what are the WST doing?

standman 3rd September 2019 11.35:04

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2288812]To be fair this would be a problem of the clubs own making if they all - or even one of them resigned.
If Phil Salmon was to leave we would probably just have to pay people to do the work he's done for free. That could make a big dent in finances![/QUOTE]

He could at last be paid, he’s probably the only one who truly puts in out of his own pocket and loses money through his business because of it.

Redordead 3rd September 2019 11.38:33

Indonesian firm Santini Group buy a minority stake in Tranmere Rovers, with Lukito Wanandi taking a place on the board #TRFC

Mark Palios: "Injection of capital into the club will enable us to move ahead with a number of projects which will enhance our community & commercial offerings, to reduce some of the debt incurred during period in Non-League & allow for some increase in the playing budget" #TRFC

Mark and Nicola Palios continue to run the day to day operations at Tranmere and say: "This is particularly important if the club is to aspire to a sustainable life in the Championship" #TRFC

Santini Group operate within several industries, including motor trade, manufacturing and selling parts across Asia and Australia #TRFC

Sofjan Wanandi, father of Tranmere's new board member Lukito, reportedly has a net-worth of around $600m. He founded the Santini Group in 1994 before handing control over to his sons #TRFC

pagl 3rd September 2019 11.57:26

I do find it amazing we cant attract similar investment.

However despite the fantastic work by the boards I think we have too much opposition and lack of enthusiasm for this.
Lets keep bumbling along.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 3rd September 2019 12.07:24

[QUOTE=Foxy;2288811]Before this happens we need to change key players, notably Pete Jones . Some of them are absolutely set on nothing but 100% 'fans' ownership.[/QUOTE]

I've said it before, it's their play thing, one they can put as little or as much effort into same with cash while massaging their egos.

No different to any other ownership. The only exception is a lot of the money being spent isn't theirs, they couldn't give a hoot if it gets wasted year on year as we continuously see!

NottsRed 3rd September 2019 12.17:55

[QUOTE=Redordead;2288840]Indonesian firm Santini Group buy a minority stake in Tranmere Rovers, with Lukito Wanandi taking a place on the board #TRFC

Mark Palios: "Injection of capital into the club will enable us to move ahead with a number of projects which will enhance our community & commercial offerings, to reduce some of the debt incurred during period in Non-League & allow for some increase in the playing budget" #TRFC

Mark and Nicola Palios continue to run the day to day operations at Tranmere and say: "This is particularly important if the club is to aspire to a sustainable life in the Championship" #TRFC

Santini Group operate within several industries, including motor trade, manufacturing and selling parts across Asia and Australia #TRFC

Sofjan Wanandi, father of Tranmere's new board member Lukito, reportedly has a net-worth of around $600m. He founded the Santini Group in 1994 before handing control over to his sons #TRFC[/QUOTE]

So hypothetical scenario that I sort of suggested a few days back in another thread.....

Lets say theres 100 Wrexham fans who aren't happy with the current set up and decide each to put £1000 for one person to be on the board. That would be a £100K injection into the club with a seat at the board reporting back to those individuals who put in.

The club gets a cash injection and those who aren't happy get a seat at the board to see whats going on.

Probably not ideal but the current clique need some kind of brake or watch put on them. At least this scenario isn't a companyeither.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.09:53.