RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Leadership (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114404-new-leadership.html)

3pmsaturday 1st September 2019 08.19:58

Re: New Leadership

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2288099]Incredible that some are still spinning it for Spencer and the rest. Fact of the matter is that they have failed the club and moreover, the fans with their inept management of the football matters. They have listened to Darlo too much and have lorded it about our club for too long destroying the playing side without a care. If they love the club like they claim they do, they will step down. Im also not into the ‘you do it then’ brigade as I am not at all qualified to run a football club, exactly why we should get someone who is, in![/QUOTE]

It is obvious that the footballing side of the business is not working and therefore something has to change, however, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Instead of people going we need people to come in to strengthen the board. As I have been saying we need a Director of Football.

redinsaudi 1st September 2019 08.24:48

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2288108]It is obvious that the footballing side of the business is not working and therefore something has to change, however, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Instead of people going we need people to come in to strengthen the board. As I have been saying we need a Director of Football.[/QUOTE]

To strengthen the board??? That’s like papering over the cracks. The board ARE the problem and quite clearly. They are accountable for the debacle and parade of managers THEY have appointed. If the apples in the basket are bad you get rid, you don’t add more to it to get ‘bruised’.

CRUMBS 1st September 2019 08.25:17

The fans don't make that decision , so why blame them . Should you be contacting Lord Harris of MyRacecourshire and his side kick Mills and Boom .

blackbrookred 1st September 2019 08.59:17

[QUOTE=redavid;2288089]Do we know why these two stepped down to start with ? and the departure of Bryn Law ?
Things are not right at our Club , The Board , Harris, They are not Football people , in the sense that Horne was , We need that direction from someone .[/QUOTE]

All to do with the appointment of Mills, they weren't happy with it, although it will never be made official.

CRUMBS 1st September 2019 09.09:22

You can have twenty Directors , but if only two are making the decisions , which seems pretty evident then what's the point . They can't let go , a HR man not being able to delegate is what it is .

Bagger Vance 1st September 2019 09.09:52

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2288024]If we have an elected board the club will die in my opinion. No elect the trust board which chooses football board. That said do remember that most of the football board are elected to the trust board.[/QUOTE]

And that is one of the problems. The 1/3 of the Trust board who sit on the football board will never remove themselves from position meaning in reality to remove a Director means 70/80% majority of the rest is needed, it also means at least 2 years of voting off current WST board members to change the balance enough. Even if a board member was voted out at a WST election they could be co opted back on

The solution is to have separation of committees - no football club board member to have voting rights on WST board meaning less protection, more accountability and the fans then have a genuine chance to influence if they so wished.

I’m with you on the need for another board member but I think it’s a CEO not Director of Football

Hometown Unicorn 1st September 2019 09.18:33

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2288122]And that is one of the problems. The 1/3 of the Trust board who sit on the football board will never remove themselves from position meaning in reality to remove a Director means 70/80% majority of the rest is needed, it also means at least 2 years of voting off current WST board members to change the balance enough. Even if a board member was voted out at a WST election they could be co opted back on

The solution is to have separation of committees - no football club board member to have voting rights on WST board meaning less protection, more accountability and the fans then have a genuine chance to influence if they so wished.

I’m with you on the need for another board member but I think it’s a CEO not Director of Football[/QUOTE]

I could get on board with everything you have said here. A CEO could hold other board members accountable for mistakes, as right now there is no accountability.

Prodigal Dragon 1st September 2019 09.35:23

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2288130]I could get on board with everything you have said here. A CEO could hold other board members accountable for mistakes, as right now there is no accountability.[/QUOTE]

Agree we need a CEO to run the club professionally and 24/7, but not as a Board member. They should be responsible to the Board.

Spencer Harris is the [I]de facto[/I] chairman but the Board do not like the term. It is human nature for like to promote like, hence the danger of a WST ‘group think’ mentality. The Board are doing well in many areas but are failing in the most important area: football. Since Barry and Don resigned we have become stagnant. We need change not revolution. But if the WST does not act soon and appropriately they risk losing their heads as fans revolt.

Are the bigwigs in the WST wise enough to realise there are issues that need resolving? and brave enough to do what is needed?

John Neals Dynasty 1st September 2019 09.38:50

Nobody is complaining about what he does off the playing side, it's footballing matters he hasn't a clue about.

But fans need to accept as a fans owned club we are at our level of a permanent National league club.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.45:10.