Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st September 2019, 08.19:58   #55-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by redinsaudi View Post
Incredible that some are still spinning it for Spencer and the rest. Fact of the matter is that they have failed the club and moreover, the fans with their inept management of the football matters. They have listened to Darlo too much and have lorded it about our club for too long destroying the playing side without a care. If they love the club like they claim they do, they will step down. Im also not into the ‘you do it then’ brigade as I am not at all qualified to run a football club, exactly why we should get someone who is, in!
It is obvious that the footballing side of the business is not working and therefore something has to change, however, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Instead of people going we need people to come in to strengthen the board. As I have been saying we need a Director of Football.
Old 1st September 2019, 08.24:48   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
It is obvious that the footballing side of the business is not working and therefore something has to change, however, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Instead of people going we need people to come in to strengthen the board. As I have been saying we need a Director of Football.
To strengthen the board??? That’s like papering over the cracks. The board ARE the problem and quite clearly. They are accountable for the debacle and parade of managers THEY have appointed. If the apples in the basket are bad you get rid, you don’t add more to it to get ‘bruised’.
Old 1st September 2019, 08.25:17   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

The fans don't make that decision , so why blame them . Should you be contacting Lord Harris of MyRacecourshire and his side kick Mills and Boom .
Old 1st September 2019, 08.59:17   #58-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Do we know why these two stepped down to start with ? and the departure of Bryn Law ?
Things are not right at our Club , The Board , Harris, They are not Football people , in the sense that Horne was , We need that direction from someone .
All to do with the appointment of Mills, they weren't happy with it, although it will never be made official.
Old 1st September 2019, 09.09:22   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

You can have twenty Directors , but if only two are making the decisions , which seems pretty evident then what's the point . They can't let go , a HR man not being able to delegate is what it is .
Old 1st September 2019, 09.09:52   #60-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
If we have an elected board the club will die in my opinion. No elect the trust board which chooses football board. That said do remember that most of the football board are elected to the trust board.
And that is one of the problems. The 1/3 of the Trust board who sit on the football board will never remove themselves from position meaning in reality to remove a Director means 70/80% majority of the rest is needed, it also means at least 2 years of voting off current WST board members to change the balance enough. Even if a board member was voted out at a WST election they could be co opted back on

The solution is to have separation of committees - no football club board member to have voting rights on WST board meaning less protection, more accountability and the fans then have a genuine chance to influence if they so wished.

I’m with you on the need for another board member but I think it’s a CEO not Director of Football
Old 1st September 2019, 09.18:33   #61-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
And that is one of the problems. The 1/3 of the Trust board who sit on the football board will never remove themselves from position meaning in reality to remove a Director means 70/80% majority of the rest is needed, it also means at least 2 years of voting off current WST board members to change the balance enough. Even if a board member was voted out at a WST election they could be co opted back on

The solution is to have separation of committees - no football club board member to have voting rights on WST board meaning less protection, more accountability and the fans then have a genuine chance to influence if they so wished.

I’m with you on the need for another board member but I think it’s a CEO not Director of Football
I could get on board with everything you have said here. A CEO could hold other board members accountable for mistakes, as right now there is no accountability.
Old 1st September 2019, 09.35:23   #62-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
I could get on board with everything you have said here. A CEO could hold other board members accountable for mistakes, as right now there is no accountability.
Agree we need a CEO to run the club professionally and 24/7, but not as a Board member. They should be responsible to the Board.

Spencer Harris is the de facto chairman but the Board do not like the term. It is human nature for like to promote like, hence the danger of a WST ‘group think’ mentality. The Board are doing well in many areas but are failing in the most important area: football. Since Barry and Don resigned we have become stagnant. We need change not revolution. But if the WST does not act soon and appropriately they risk losing their heads as fans revolt.

Are the bigwigs in the WST wise enough to realise there are issues that need resolving? and brave enough to do what is needed?
Old 1st September 2019, 09.38:50   #63-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Nobody is complaining about what he does off the playing side, it's footballing matters he hasn't a clue about.

But fans need to accept as a fans owned club we are at our level of a permanent National league club.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.10:24.