Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st September 2019, 10.54:48   #71-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
All to do with the appointment of Mills, they weren't happy with it, although it will never be made official.
Mills joined in April 2015. Horne and Bircham left in October 2016.

Was it Keates they weren't happy with the appointment of? Or do you mean it was Mills they weren't happy with and when he failed after a year, they left (after helping with getting a replacement in)?
Old 1st September 2019, 11.18:21   #72-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=ABd;2288167]Mills joined in April 2015. Horne and Bircham left in October 2016.

Was it Keates they weren't happy with the appointment of? Or do you mean it was Mills they weren't happy with and when he failed after a year, they left (after helping with getting a replacement .
Old 1st September 2019, 12.16:21   #73-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Yesterdays game could be the start of our long decline to the Conference North or even going the way Bury have. A football club must be run like a business by appointing the right personnel - Manager and Players. Many on the RP want Hughes and the current Board to go. The first problem is that Hughes was given a 3 year deal so it will be dead money to get shot of him. Also a significant number of the new players he has signed during the summer are not up to it and should be released - again more dead money. If we are not careful and Hughes stays how can he motivate the players - he can't and they can't be arsed either and we slowly drift down the league. There are no easy teams in this league similar to Lewes, Salisbury, Eastbourne, Hayes and Yeading when we first dropped down into it 12 years ago. Remember what happened to the full time Stockport team relegated from this League 3 years ago after 2 seasons and parachute payments - crap manager unable to motivate the players. The players just drift off after relegation like birds going away for winter.

I believe there are potential stormy waters ahead of us and we must have the know how to sail around and reach the sunset ( EFL2).
Old 1st September 2019, 12.18:01   #74-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Exciting times ahead
Old 1st September 2019, 12.22:03   #75-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCol View Post
There seem to many posting about the inadequacies of the WST and Board - and a number of Posters appear to express a derogatory view about Spencer Harris and as part of that call for a change.

What I don’t understand, is if such individuals hold such a view why don’t they stand for election or nominate another person who might have superior capabilities as an alternative?

It is easy to highlight perceived issues with the current regime but the WST is democratic so why not forward the alternice solutions for Leadership that you have.

Names and CVs appreciated in reply
Well said.
Old 1st September 2019, 12.25:15   #76-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

After watching the first 8 games of the season it is obvious that changes need to be made and made fast. I don't think changing the club board or some of the board will make any difference at this stage as the problems are definatly out on the pitch.

Although I agree adding to the board someone with football experience may help I am not sure paying someone £50k a year is the answer either as a CEO or a DOF

What I think is needed is to say thanks but goodbye to Darlington mainly because he only gives us 1 or 2 days a week. We then need to bring in a full time assistant manager who can give BH 100% support all week. If this doesn't bring the success we all want then the position of BH needs looking at. This squad although there are players I am still not sure about is in my opinion better than last seasons.
Old 1st September 2019, 12.41:55   #77-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
After watching the first 8 games of the season it is obvious that changes need to be made and made fast. I don't think changing the club board or some of the board will make any difference at this stage as the problems are definatly out on the pitch.

Although I agree adding to the board someone with football experience may help I am not sure paying someone £50k a year is the answer either as a CEO or a DOF

What I think is needed is to say thanks but goodbye to Darlington mainly because he only gives us 1 or 2 days a week. We then need to bring in a full time assistant manager who can give BH 100% support all week. If this doesn't bring the success we all want then the position of BH needs looking at. This squad although there are players I am still not sure about is in my opinion better than last seasons.

Board changes can’t be made just like that. It has to be part of a bigger picture.

Immediate changes are needed at football management level. Another Jan window then to make changes with the new man in before the task.

Board changes then made after WST restructure.

Last edited by pagl; 1st September 2019 at 12.43:10..
Old 1st September 2019, 12.56:53   #78-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
So if you can't do a better job yourself you just have to accept what others are doing?

If you hire a builder who does a terrible job and your extension falls down you're not meant to complain?

The fans are asking for new leadership, from people who know about football. Spencer does a great job but should be relieved of footballing decisions.
Maybe Bob the builder, could he fix it?
Old 1st September 2019, 14.07:11   #79-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
. We then need to bring in a full time assistant manager who can give BH 100% support all week. If this doesn't bring the success we all want then the position of BH needs looking at. This squad although there are players I am still not sure about is in my opinion better than last seasons.
I agree we all thought Flynn was that man.
Old 1st September 2019, 16.29:11   #80-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Mills joined in April 2015. Horne and Bircham left in October 2016.

Was it Keates they weren't happy with the appointment of? Or do you mean it was Mills they weren't happy with and when he failed after a year, they left (after helping with getting a replacement in)?
Sorry Keates, yes.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.22:29.