Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st August 2019, 21.50:27   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Racecourse attendances

Our first league match of the season generated a total attendance of 5,941.
Barrow brought 283 supporters so our home following was 5,658.

Today was probably our 'derby' of the season - the best chance of a really good attendance.

SCFC were only provided with 1050 tickets - the away turn out eventually given as 988 in a total attendance of 5,777.

That meant that today we had just 4,789 home supporters - I really was expecting more but was quite surprised how many empty seats were on show in the upper Yale and sides of Mold Road. Being sat in the tech End it probably looked sparse too but when your in it you can never tell.

So, in conclusion - within a month between Barrow and Stockport we have lost 869 of our fans - despite the claims that many people were on holiday early in the month and today's fixture was far more appealing than playing Barrow.

So, this takes us forward to Tuesday night v Maidenhead.
The downside is the opposition lack any real appeal (unlike SCFC).
They will bring a handful of supporters - skateboard full at most.
Many schools go back on Wednesday if not sooner - so that will knock a few kids and accompanying parents off the total (especially out of towners)

Anyone care to estimate the attendance on Tuesday ? against a very much in form Maidenhead. if we lose that one they might as well play behind closed doors next Saturday - not even a free wafer biscuit will drag me there.
Old 31st August 2019, 21.55:37   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Real Name: Si
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

I’ll go for 4200 on the basis that they include absent season ticket holders?
And in reality I’d be surprised if there’s more than 3500 actually there on the night.
Old 31st August 2019, 21.56:00   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Our first league match of the season generated a total attendance of 5,941.
Barrow brought 283 supporters so our home following was 5,658.

Today was probably our 'derby' of the season - the best chance of a really good attendance.

SCFC were only provided with 1050 tickets - the away turn out eventually given as 988 in a total attendance of 5,777.

That meant that today we had just 4,789 home supporters - I really was expecting more but was quite surprised how many empty seats were on show in the upper Yale and sides of Mold Road. Being sat in the tech End it probably looked sparse too but when your in it you can never tell.

So, in conclusion - within a month between Barrow and Stockport we have lost 869 of our fans - despite the claims that many people were on holiday early in the month and today's fixture was far more appealing than playing Barrow.

So, this takes us forward to Tuesday night v Maidenhead.
The downside is the opposition lack any real appeal (unlike SCFC).
They will bring a handful of supporters - skateboard full at most.
Many schools go back on Wednesday if not sooner - so that will knock a few kids and accompanying parents off the total (especially out of towners)

Anyone care to estimate the attendance on Tuesday ? against a very much in form Maidenhead. if we lose that one they might as well play behind closed doors next Saturday - not even a free wafer biscuit will drag me there.
If this was a teatime tv game or moved to Sunday I bet more people would have attended today.

I reckon around 4000ish there on Tuesday. Depends on the weather and how people feel after todays result!
Old 31st August 2019, 21.56:44   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

I think 4000 at most, depends if any action is happening with Hughes or not but I may venture out to wave my goodbyes to him.
Old 31st August 2019, 22.06:50   #5-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: billy from bersham
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I think 4000 at most, depends if any action is happening with Hughes or not but I may venture out to wave my goodbyes to him.
Two home matches in four days I will go for 3650 but I do not think we will get rid of Hughes that easy.
Old 31st August 2019, 23.15:07   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
paddockgraham's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Paddock of course
Real Name: HenryJ
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

here we go, the old crowds are falling myths, when actually they have gone up season on season under fans ownership, can't beat a good old myth though
__________________
LIE: All development profits will be retained for the benefit of the Football Club. For the avoidance of doubt this means 100%.
Old 31st August 2019, 23.47:59   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
fezbob's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @fezbob





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
here we go, the old crowds are falling myths, when actually they have gone up season on season under fans ownership, can't beat a good old myth though
Who's blaming fan ownership? League rules have changed since the trust took over though, meaning season ticket holders who don't attend are still counted as being there. That's a fact and makes it difficult to compare pre and post fan ownership attendances. I suspect it makes very little difference who owns the club. Attendances rise and fall based on how the team performs. As one of our few nearby rivals, I think we would've seen a better turnout vs Stockport if we'd won the last few games.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st September 2019, 05.25:11   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddockgraham View Post
here we go, the old crowds are falling myths, when actually they have gone up season on season under fans ownership, can't beat a good old myth though
As Fezbob points out counting non attending STs because of revenue clouds the figures since it started. However last 2 years have been good but reality is every season is a new beginning and challenge. If crowds fall now then its hard work to get them back.
__________________
Wrexham Goldline lottery, for just £1 a week help fund future stars
Old 1st September 2019, 06.47:52   #9-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Real Name: Thomas Shimmin
Twitter: @shimosays





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

Sub 4000 on Tuesday
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st September 2019, 07.11:08   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Colonel D's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand
Real Name: Colin
Twitter: @





Default Re: Racecourse attendances

There were a lot of absentees around me in upper Yale and some at least were put off by the thought of trouble and difficulty in parking , especially if they were not good on their feet.
A correct decision as it happens , because I parked in Glyndor and left early , but wasn’t allowed through and had to walk all the way round. As it happens I was one of the first out the car park.
A gloom is now settling over the Racecourse ,so only 3600 on Tuesday.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.23:36.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12