Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.21:10   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
Disagree JND - best player by far in my view. Has to do a fair bit on his own because some around him are not in the same class.....

I've probably used the wrong term not impressed because I said after the Halifax game he was a class above I still think he is, what i probably meant was he isn't consistent which at his age understandable against Barnet he should of been subbed with 20 mins to go as he was struggling dead on his feet (not his fault) i can't comment on away I have not been away this season and as it has become standard to lose away I cannot see me wasting more money on this permanent non league club.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.22:29   #20-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Tuesday blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Think we will win Tuesday mate, had no luck against Stockport and were by far the better team just watch the highlights and make your own mind up. Some individual mistakes are costing us but we are a much more attacking team this season and it's taking time for all the new players to gel but when they do we got the makings of a decent team. Hopefully starting tomorrow we turn things around and you enjoy the game.
When teams are in the process of 'gelling' surely you see improvements game by game? So far all I've seen is them getting worse as each game passes. To mention luck is just avoiding the real issues. Bad luck will only cost you a few points per season, if any.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.39:29   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
When teams are in the process of 'gelling' surely you see improvements game by game? So far all I've seen is them getting worse as each game passes. To mention luck is just avoiding the real issues. Bad luck will only cost you a few points per season, if any.
We are not even 10 games in yet, its gone from 2 passes and hoof the ball as far up field as possible to actually playing a bit of football and an attacking mindset for the first time in God knows how long. There are problems ie Dibbles howler but we hit the woodwork twice and had one that looked over the line on Saturday. Small margins and if a couple of them chances had of gone in this site would probably be full of how we are going to win the league. It's how it is on here.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.42:18   #22-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
We are not even 10 games in yet, its gone from 2 passes and hoof the ball as far up field as possible to actually playing a bit of football and an attacking mindset for the first time in God knows how long. There are problems ie Dibbles howler but we hit the woodwork twice and had one that looked over the line on Saturday. Small margins and if a couple of them chances had of gone in this site would probably be full of how we are going to win the league. It's how it is on here.
Thanks for that assessment Bryan.Close the door on your way out and take Spencer with you please
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.46:13   #23-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
It is possible to be more attacking without disintegrating in defence you know.

I remember reading an interview with Barton, where he said pre-season training was very different to any he'd done before. Almost everything was done with the ball. We can see the 'different' doesn't always mean better.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.46:26   #24-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Yeah but we're losing games. You can't use we're playing better football card when we're losing games. Who cares about that?

The number of games played is 8, that's enough to get a good grasp of where the team is heading however it can be turned around still, I agree there however unlikely that seems.
My point still stands that performances are deteriorating and you haven't really disagreed with that.

By the way, we're currently 16th in the league. Is that what better football means?

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 2nd September 2019 at 11.49:38..
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.52:12   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Yeah but we're losing games. You can't use we're playing better football card when we're losing games. Who cares about that?

The number of games played is 8, that's enough to get a good grasp of where the team is heading however it can be turned around still, I agree there however unlikely that seems.
My point still stands that performances are deteriorating and you haven't really disagreed with that.

By the way, we're currently 16th in the league. Is that what better football means?
If we keep losing then yes it's obviously not going to work but too early imo for the total meltdown we are getting on here.
Old 2nd September 2019, 11.57:16   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Thanks for that assessment Bryan.Close the door on your way out and take Spencer with you please
Couldn't give a flying fcuk about Spencer tbh mate and if Hughes ain't up to it he can go just not into the constant overreaction on here and some of the bile spewed out against one of our former players who's obviously doing his best.
Old 2nd September 2019, 12.01:01   #27-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
If we keep losing then yes it's obviously not going to work but too early imo for the total meltdown we are getting on here.
That's because we've all been here before and witnessed our season unravel god knows how many times, that's the fear that's driving what you think is an overreaction. You must admit it doesn't look good.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.53:09.