RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Mark Harris (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114421-mark-harris.html)

Rob Edwards 2nd September 2019 22.11:25

Mark Harris

Is he available tomorrow night ?Joined up with Wales U21 on Sunday and it was stated they hopefully he would be released from camp for the game. More likely than not with camp based in area I woukd imagine.
Definitely one of our best players and arguably made a better impression than any of our other new signings.

Red Light 2nd September 2019 22.46:04

Re: Mark Harris

Not sure - started with great promise and in the first half looked a world beater against Halifax.

There is some talent there, above and beyond what we are usually served but it's not been drawn out in recent games - there's a few players 'not showing' at the moment and certainly not for 90 minutes - Redmond is in the same bracket.

On Saturday two factors may have had a detrimental effect on his performance - he was up against a highly rated full back and perhaps Hooper missing doesn't help his game - Oswell is a totally different proposition and doesn't appear to fit into the normal style of play - having an isolated target man reminds me of how we played with Fondop - better for us to keep playing the ball with pace on the floor and turning defenders than lumping big crosses into the box.

Harris needs to be in tomorrow night's squad - and hopefully Hooper too.

Rob Edwards 3rd September 2019 00.01:34

To be fair to Harris he was having to drop very deep yo try to get the ball on Saturday.No tbroughvalls from midfield or layoffs from Redmond or Oswell.Really he was having to go into the No.10 role just to get the ball.

davewilli 3rd September 2019 06.28:45

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2288738]To be fair to Harris he was having to drop very deep yo try to get the ball on Saturday.No tbroughvalls from midfield or layoffs from Redmond or Oswell.Really he was having to go into the No.10 role just to get the ball.[/QUOTE]

After Saturday's performance I would expect Harris and Redmond to start from the bench, but I think BH believes they are his main assets and may stick with them til they come good.

When Harris did get the ball he played into Stockports hands by cutting inside making us too narrow and all too crowded. Redmond was anonymous for most of the game and we cant afford passengers currently. After the last 4 games we need to grind out a win and I think an extra midfielder will be needed; Wright or Barton or even Rutherford attacking mid would improve us based on recent games. Hopefully Tollitt's fitness is good enough to start and give us some pace going forward and allow us to get a midfield 3 who can compete and dominate an in-form Maidenhead

Phils-an-alki 3rd September 2019 07.35:22

Can't afford passenger's, so play Rutherford?

Genius!!

We need to win not grind out a draw.

Danny Boy 3rd September 2019 07.45:18

I would probably have him on the bench tonight and start with Tollit, wouldn't drop Grant at the moment...he's not amazing but has been better than the others.

That's if Hooper is fit, if not I would go Grant/Tollit/Harris as I think that would be better then starting Oswell I'm afraid.

KingBuxton_Forever red 3rd September 2019 07.50:37

Redmond starts he is a lucky boy. Did nothing Saturday.

Phils-an-alki 3rd September 2019 07.56:28

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2288762]Redmond starts he is a lucky boy. Did nothing Saturday.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say he did nothing but he was limited shall we say. I do see a player in there though, his vision is good and at times he can look the part but he just doesn't get involved enough.
Bottom line.. Is he better than his likely replacements and worth persevering with? I think so for now but he needs a performance and quick. He isn't alone in that though.

Iesty 3rd September 2019 08.33:46

Hooper out wide left, Oswell up front - if Harris is unavailable

or we rearrange and go 4-4-2

and good luck with Wales Harris, who was our last U21, Ward? the Williams brothers?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.34:37.