Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th September 2019, 18.36:21   #31-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Part Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
It is obvious to me that Hughes seems to be doing most of the work here. The stick he gets is uncalled for in my eyes. He has a team of part timers who help him one or 2 days a week. This isn't Hughes fault at all. The the people running the club. They wont get rid of Darlington, he needs to either commit fully to us or go. Flynn however should never be assistant manager. A director of football role would suit him a lot more as he would t be required to be in every day and could still scout and help bring players in. The structure of the club needs looking at. I'm all for a fans owned club, but we all know as fans that our manager needs help, and the club board are not providing him with the support he needs.
Spot on. BH is struggling because of his inexperience and lack of support. He is a convenient target for everyone’s frustrations.

Alas, it’s a cruel world, so he must overcome those limitations if he is to succeed.

Command is a lonely spot.
Old 4th September 2019, 19.23:31   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Well the truth has now finally come out. Long term we are nearer the Conference North and we will end up like Workington, Southport, Chester and Kiddy with a core of 2000 supporters watching a part time team.
Old 4th September 2019, 20.04:36   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

The most inexperienced manager we have had and he's the one without a right hand man in the dug out / touchline - he should have somebody else physically in person just like Ricketts had Barrow 'joined at the hip'.

I have fond memories of great times under Brian Flynn but sitting in the stand distanced from the manager taking notes could be done by a multitude of people - whatever his true role I don't see much assistance being given to the manager.

Hughes was appointed but is he allowed to manage - Darlington seems to be running the show if rumours are true with minimal input and if this is confined to one day a week he needs to be ousted and someone brought in who can nurture and organise players from one day to the next. Many of us in our working lives have had a boss who thinks he knows it all, manages from a distance and when he interferes makes the totally wrong decision because he has never took the time to venture into the engine room and see the problems the staff have to encounter daily - the first thing to go for such a person and system is respect leading to a downturn in commitment and effort - perhaps it's time for a new broom but I am still not convinced it is all down to Hughes - we need some stability and can't keep changing managers every season - but we do need to let them manage and do it their own way.
Old 4th September 2019, 20.06:37   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
Quotes from this Chester buffoon don't mean anything !
But sadly, they do
Old 4th September 2019, 20.20:09   #35-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
Well the truth has now finally come out. Long term we are nearer the Conference North and we will end up like Workington, Southport, Chester and Kiddy with a core of 2000 supporters watching a part time team.
Kiddy are in total disarray and struggling to reach 1000 home gates. Club is up for sale and the KHFC Board appears to have just one member left.
Should have been a major announcement today but the silence is deafening.
Old 4th September 2019, 20.28:45   #36-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddy Dragon View Post
Kiddy are in total disarray and struggling to reach 1000 home gates. Club is up for sale and the KHFC Board appears to have just one member left.
Should have been a major announcement today but the silence is deafening.
Half expected announcement of Keates as manager with reasoning that available immediately and knows the club and Darlo,with Yosser gone or demoted to assistant a la Carey.However other half realised that if a 'resignation ' was not on the table, a sacking would make some or the Boards positions untenable.
Whilst not a Keates fan at all,the second option frightens me as could mean a relegation battle,a collapse in gates and then Conference North.
Old 4th September 2019, 21.46:03   #37-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I just can’t get my head around how you can only have one full time member of coaching team, and an inexperienced one out of his depth at that, at a supposedly “full time club”.

And then I can’t get my head around people happy to accept it, and who say “well YOU do better then!” To anyone who questions how it’s allowed to happen.

Embarrassing really.
Old 4th September 2019, 21.53:43   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
I just can’t get my head around how you can only have one full time member of coaching team, and an inexperienced one out of his depth at that, at a supposedly “full time club”.

And then I can’t get my head around people happy to accept it, and who say “well YOU do better then!” To anyone who questions how it’s allowed to happen.

Embarrassing really.
Could not put it better.
Old 4th September 2019, 22.15:18   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post

Embarrassing really.
You would think it would be but each one must actually think they doing a good job, although they’ve managed to employ the most inexperienced manager in our history for the biggest and most difficult job in None League football. I struggle to believe that not one of them had the balls to stop it from happening.
Old 4th September 2019, 22.56:12   #40-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: usually MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
Plenty of part time fans too judging by the attendance on Tuesday.
The incredible support of our club exceeds the ambitions of the board.
Hardly surprising that this support appears to be taken for granted and, one would expect that the sudden decline in numbers on Tuesday will be on the agenda at the next board meeting.
Some people seem content with survival at any level of football. Others will only follow a team that has some semblance of success which, sadly, does not seem likely with the restraints and lack of direction we have under the current regime.
Some refer to "tin pot" clubs and criticise their right to success. It' not always down to money, and has nothing to do with history, it is mainly down to how the board operates the business model.
History belongs in the past. Success determines the future.
We have a wonderful history.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.02:01.