RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Next Four League Games (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114431-next-four-league-games.html)

NottsRed 4th September 2019 07.53:22

Next Four League Games

Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

All teams near or around us. Really we should be looking at 10 point minimum from those games. Reality in current form we will be lucky to get 4 - 6. If its the latter that might see us drop into the bottom four especially if other results go against us.

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).

chef1 4th September 2019 08.01:30

Re: Next Four League Games

An early potential relegation battle ... once we lose to Sutton hopefully then we l see a proper manager come in with some staff who work more than 8 hours a week

Quay Red 4th September 2019 08.52:31

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2289490]Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

All teams near or around us. Really we should be looking at 10 point minimum from those games. Reality in current form we will be lucky to get 4 - 6. If its the latter that might see us drop into the bottom four especially if other results go against us.

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).[/QUOTE]

Fylde is an AWAY fixture.

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 08.57:57

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2289490]Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

Start of October sees two very tough games against Solihull and Woking then followed by a early potential relegation against Chesterfield who are doing poorly (We all know Fondop is going to score against us on that one).[/QUOTE]

BH must have the confidence to use Saturday's unimportant game against Ayr Utd to experiment with his starting XI and formation in preparation for those vital 4 games.

IMHO, we should have won the last 2 games but we clearly didn't. That was through a combination of poor tactics, bad luck, poor finishing and having key players out. Shit happens, I am afraid, and winning teams cope with these distractions. Currently, we are not.

We will not gain promotion until BH improves the midfield and we stop lumping high balls into giant defences who physically dominate our strikers. We must keep the ball on the ground, improve our movement and play quicker, better balls from our pedestrian midfield.

We have piled pressure on ourselves by not preparing properly in the summer -- keeping too many poor quality players; not sorting out the midfield; not nailing a formation; not nailing a starting XI -- which has led to a very poor start (it matches Dean 'I am waiting for my solicitor' Saunders' first season in 2009/10). The Board and BH are responsible for that, but it is now up to BH to prove he is no stooge by turning things around.

Contrary to what many claim, there are signs he is slowly doing that, but silly mistakes and lapses in concentration are masking it. As an example, just about anyone would have scored a hat-trick last night if in Wright's position around the 6-yard box. He deserves credit for getting there; but he deserves a bollocking for not putting at least one of them away to win the game.

Fine margins. But, at the moment, we are the wrong side of the 'drag-curve' and BH and players must try harder, and be more clinical if we are to get out of this self-made mess.

My advice to BH is: take advantage of Saturday's game and experiment against Ayr, then go on to win those 4 games. However, if we fail to pick up 9 points or more, then I am afraid BH's time is up, and the Board must accept full responsibility for gambling on his appointment and, crucially, not giving him a full-time assistant.

No pressure!:guitarist:

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 09.01:50

We have to win 3 of them. Anything less is unacceptable in a hope to keep our season alive. Worried we won't achieve that. Brian Hughes must be nervous, failure to win 3 out of 4 I would imagine would seriously put his job on the line at this point.

Back of the Kop 4th September 2019 12.00:24

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2289528]We have to win 3 of them. Anything less is unacceptable in a hope to keep our season alive. Worried we won't achieve that. Brian Hughes must be nervous, failure to win 3 out of 4 I would imagine would seriously put his job on the line at this point.[/QUOTE]

And if he takes 6 points we carry on for another 4 games ?

Be decisive !

He's clearly out of his depth and should be removed along with the football club board who appointed him, Newell and Barrow.

The title is gone and we've not played 10 games.Why wait another 4 ?

NedStarksGhost 4th September 2019 12.03:05

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2289660]And if he takes 6 points we carry on for another 4 games ?

Be decisive !

He's clearly out of his depth and should be removed along with the football club board who appointed him, Newell and Barrow.

The title is gone and we've not played 10 games.Why wait another 4 ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying if we should/shouldn't sack him. Personally think he should be sacked now as we're clearly going nowhere. My comment is from the board's perspective. I can't imagine them sacking him yet, but can see it happening if we don't do well over the next few games.

Phils-an-alki 4th September 2019 12.08:52

I think he'll get a lot more time than many would give him.

I don't expect anything to happen before mid October at the earliest. Possibly even November. Unless we lose 3 or 4 games in a row nothing will change for a while yet.

The club know that as soon as they sack him all the attention will turn to them and they will be the only ones in the firing line, so they'll hold out for as long as possible.

CRUMBS 4th September 2019 12.12:29

I would also think BF is telling them things will change for the better and stick with it , would BF go as well or is he the caretaker in such a case .

chalky 4th September 2019 12.18:55

Its simply the team he has assembled is not good enough 12 points behind Halifax. What do you do Stick or Twist?

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 14.37:46

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2289660]And if he takes 6 points we carry on for another 4 games ?

Be decisive !

The title is gone and we've not played 10 games.Why wait another 4 ?[/QUOTE]

If the Title has gone -- was it ever on? -- and the Board are inept at selecting managers, what would be the point of sacking BH now, only for the 'incompetent Board' to then select another 'duffer'.

Why not give BH more time, whilst also ensuring we have a DoF on the Board who could control that process, and much more?

lloydyp 4th September 2019 14.44:29

[QUOTE=chef1;2289494]An early potential relegation battle ... once we lose to Sutton hopefully then we l see a proper manager come in with some staff who work more than 8 hours a week[/QUOTE]

“8 hours a week”. You’ll be lucky.

How about players signed on 2 year deals who are yet to play a full 90 minutes? Or on the same 2 year deal who haven’t started a game. Both are excellent use of our funds.

The next 4 games could see us start with an 11 of players from last season. 10 last night at KO! What the beep happened with our recruitment over the summer?

The next 4 games could see us in the bottom 4.

Can we have last night ref for all 4 please? Pearson’s best game this season with hardly any back chat to the officials!

pagl 4th September 2019 15.13:41

[QUOTE=lloydyp;2289752]Can we have last night ref for all 4 please? Pearson’s best game this season with hardly any back chat to the officials![/QUOTE]

A true gent :)

dixienormous 4th September 2019 15.15:11

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2289668]I would also think BF is telling them things will change for the better and stick with it , would BF go as well or is he the caretaker in such a case .[/QUOTE]

Has anyone seen Brian Flynn?

pagl 4th September 2019 15.27:33

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2289764]Has anyone seen Brian Flynn?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone here seen Flynny, F L double NN y.....you could get a song on film with this :)

Colonel D 4th September 2019 15.35:06

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2289764]Has anyone seen Brian Flynn?[/QUOTE]

Yes he sits at the back of the Directors Box, directly in front of me , taking copious notes every match.

rob_1072 4th September 2019 15.36:02

I thought we were allowed to judge him after 10 games? And even if we win it still not good enough.

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 16.42:20

[QUOTE=lloydyp;2289752]

Can we have last night ref for all 4 please? Pearson’s best game this season with [B][COLOR="Red"]hardly any back chat[/COLOR][/B] to the officials![/QUOTE]

Not what I witnessed. He lost it after the own goal and should have been booked for dissent.

thedischunter96 4th September 2019 17.53:23

We should be focusing on getting at least 3 wins. I think if BH loses or draws all 4 his job maybe on the line!

pagl 4th September 2019 17.59:45

He has lost the fans. There can only be 1 outcome.
Now not 4 games.

bolan 4th September 2019 18.12:05

Well that's it then. May as well finish the season now. We are relegated. 😊😊😊

OTE=NottsRed;2289490]Sutton (H)
Aldershot (A)
Flyde (H)
Ebbsfleet (H)

Prodigal Dragon 4th September 2019 18.27:15

[QUOTE=pagl;2289829]He has lost the fans. There can only be 1 outcome.
Now not 4 games.[/QUOTE]

If so, the same issue arises. Can the Board select a suitable replacement?

basdragon 4th September 2019 19.11:57

[QUOTE=lloydyp;2289752]“8 hours a week”. You’ll be lucky.

[B]How about players signed on 2 year deals who are yet to play a full 90 minutes? Or on the same 2 year deal who haven’t started a game. Both are excellent use of our funds.[/B]

The next 4 games could see us start with an 11 of players from last season. 10 last night at KO! What the beep happened with our recruitment over the summer?

The next 4 games could see us in the bottom 4.

Can we have last night ref for all 4 please? Pearson’s best game this season with hardly any back chat to the officials![/QUOTE]
I get the anger and frustration about the situation but some people do talk manure. There are 11 places in the team and 16 places in the squad if you have a squad bigger than 16 players (and we'd be moaning if that wasn't the case) some players will miss out. So are you suggesting that we only take on 16 players >?

GarryOggy 4th September 2019 21.59:27

[QUOTE=chef1;2289494]An early potential relegation battle ... once we lose to Sutton hopefully then we l see a proper manager come in with some staff who work more than 8 hours a week[/QUOTE]

True supporter you are.

joe 4th September 2019 22.03:24

Well ideally by the Ebbsfleet game we will have a good, experienced Conference manager at the healm to revitalise our season.

Then I woke up.

awill 5th September 2019 14.51:55

[QUOTE=pagl;2289829]He has lost the fans. There can only be 1 outcome.
Now not 4 games.[/QUOTE]

You need to learn that you do not speak for all the fans !

pagl 5th September 2019 15.16:32

[QUOTE=awill;2290053]You need to learn that you do not speak for all the fans ![/QUOTE]

This is an opinions and is my opinion. Where have I said I am speaking for you or any other fan?

You need to learn to read:)

Phils-an-alki 5th September 2019 15.52:46

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2289900]True supporter you are.[/QUOTE]

It could be argued that he actually is because he is looking the bigger picture, not just the next game. Short term pain for long term gain and all that..

lloydyp 5th September 2019 16.13:45

[QUOTE=basdragon;2289858]I get the anger and frustration about the situation but some people do talk manure. There are 11 places in the team and 16 places in the squad if you have a squad bigger than 16 players (and we'd be moaning if that wasn't the case) some players will miss out. So are you suggesting that we only take on 16 players >?[/QUOTE]

You miss the point. The table does not lie. Last season the squad wasn’t good enough. We sign umpteen players yet a month in and we are down to starting with 10 from last year. An ex Salford player who is no doubt on good money yet so far hasn’t been good enough and or fit enough to put a full shift in. Another signing On a 2 year deal can’t get in ahead of last years squad.

You recruit to improve. We don’t appear to have signed many who will improve things. (manager’s selection on Tuesday backs it).

This year’s table also doesn’t lie. Goalie, right back.... can we have last years back ASAP please.

benwilliams 5th September 2019 16.45:59

[QUOTE=lloydyp;2290083]You miss the point. The table does not lie. Last season the squad wasn’t good enough. We sign umpteen players yet a month in and we are down to starting with 10 from last year. An ex Salford player who is no doubt on good money yet so far hasn’t been good enough and or fit enough to put a full shift in. Another signing On a 2 year deal can’t get in ahead of last years squad.

You recruit to improve. We don’t appear to have signed many who will improve things. (manager’s selection on Tuesday backs it).

This year’s table also doesn’t lie. Goalie, right back.... can we have last years back ASAP please.[/QUOTE]

The table doesnt lie but I'm also not convinced it tells the whole truth at this stage. I dont believe for a second Halifax and Woking will be the top 2 at the end of the season or that us Fylde and Notts Co will be bottom half.

OriginalRhylRed 5th September 2019 19.32:04

he should have been sacked already

richard1 5th September 2019 19.45:35

The Board are taking the piss out of the supporters, many of which would go anywhere to support the Football Club. So as long as Harris and his cohorts are in charge, the present football management staff are taking the piss out of us. Part time training for players on Full Time wages. We are now for the first time in 12 years nearer the Conference North than the Football League.

Lesjonno 5th September 2019 19.53:09

[QUOTE=pagl;2290061]This is an opinions and is my opinion. Where have I said I am speaking for you or any other fan?

You need to learn to read:)[/QUOTE]

Er, where you said “ he has lost the fans”? Unless you have interviewed every fan and got their opinion. Maybe you should say “ I think in general he’s lost the fans”, but even then there’s no collated evidence, just a feeling based on some others you might have spoken to, or read on here. If it’s an opinions forum then basically you can say what you like without any actual factual back up.

pagl 6th September 2019 04.07:29

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2290174]Er, where you said “ he has lost the fans”? Unless you have interviewed every fan and got their opinion. Maybe you should say “ I think in general he’s lost the fans”, but even then there’s no collated evidence, just a feeling based on some others you might have spoken to, or read on here. If it’s an opinions forum then basically you can say what you like without any actual factual back up.[/QUOTE]

Lost the fans is a generic term within the game and the one were trying to play.

Yes it’s opinions, I dont need facts. You have got it.
If the crowds fall then that may show something though.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.26:56.