RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

NedStarksGhost 5th September 2019 19.32:34

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

[QUOTE=Freddy Salted;2290126]And this is why I won't vote in this poll. The constant need by some people to split the fan base into Nodding Dogs/Happy Clappers/Frothers.
People can't have a view without being categorised by small minded people who also like to insult those who may have a different opinion than them.[/QUOTE]

I should never have voted. I explained why I voted yes, and it wasn't simply because I think they do everything right. Far from a nodding dog and will criticise and compliment appropriately. Do not agree with everything the board does, and I'm as frustrated as anyone with who they've handled the football.

Foxy 5th September 2019 19.33:53

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290145]stop posting in hindsight....

if you flip that coin... and hughes done/does REALLY well for us... so wel infact that he was approached by a FL club .. L1 for example ... and we Only had him on a season long deal... then the knives would be sharpened and all would want the boards head on a plate for only offering him a 1 year deal.

same flipside... had Hughes got of to a flyer this season and we had won all or nearly all our games so far.. and if we was sitting pretty atop the league... nobody would be looking for scapegoats.. nobody would be calling for the board or managers head. (well apart from the odd poster like foxy or fog ... but hey we could win the league by christmas and they would find something to moan about).
yes the board have made some odd desicions or wrong ones.. but we all make mistakes...but they have also made lots of good decisions also... and they give up their own time .. to try and do whats best for our club.. as said they may of dropped the ball a few times and could of done better.. but on a whole they have done a sterling job and i fully belieave they have the best interests of the club at heart..

as said tho i think thee main problem is that too many people post with hindsight in mind.... so many calling for hughes and the boards head... if they sacked hughes tomorrow... lots on here would still find a reason to moan about his dismissal.. as thats all some folks on here do... is look for negatives to try cause a stir or drama.

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing.... if you had a time machine![/QUOTE]

Ha hindsight ! A lot of us called this stupidity for what it is when it happened. That’s called foresight.

Jaded 5th September 2019 19.34:09

if you flip that coin... and hughes done/does REALLY well for us... so wel infact that he was approached by a FL club .. L1 for example ... and we Only had him on a season long deal... then the knives would be sharpened and all would want the boards head on a plate for only offering him a 1 year deal.

same flipside... had Hughes got of to a flyer this season and we had won all or nearly all our games so far.. and if we was sitting pretty atop the league... nobody would be looking for scapegoats.. nobody would be calling for the board or managers head. (well apart from the odd poster like foxy or fog ... but hey we could win the league by christmas and they would find something to moan about).

yes the board have made some odd desicions or wrong ones.. but we all make mistakes...but they have also made lots of good decisions also... and they give up their own time .. to try and do whats best for our club.. as said they may of dropped the ball a few times and could of done better.. but on a whole they have done a sterling job and i fully belieave they have the best interests of the club at heart..

as said tho i think thee main problem is that too many people post with hindsight in mind.... so many calling for hughes and the boards head... if they sacked hughes tomorrow... lots on here would still find a reason to moan about his dismissal.. as thats all some folks on here do... is look for negatives to try cause a stir or drama.

If Hughes’s appointment had been welcomed by the vast majority of posters your dig about hindsight might have some validity. In the real world, it really doesn’t.

Colonel D 5th September 2019 19.34:58

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2289762]34 people have confidence in a board who've failed to deliver where it matters for over seven seasons.Isn't football important to you?[/QUOTE]

The majority of members who voted elected them.
Non-members and non-voters can’t complain.

dixienormous 5th September 2019 19.40:46

Hughes failed at Scarborough and fannied about with footgolf, hindsight has nothing to do with it, his CV wouldn't get him an interview at a league of Wales team ffs.

Lets Av A Riot 5th September 2019 19.41:29

[QUOTE=Jaded;2290153]If Hughes’s appointment had been welcomed by the vast majority of posters your dig about hindsight might have some validity. In the real world, it really doesn’t.[/QUOTE]

answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck

Lets Av A Riot 5th September 2019 19.42:10

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290158]Hughes failed at Scarborough and fannied about with footgolf, hindsight has nothing to do with it, his CV wouldn't get him an interview at a league of Wales team ffs.[/QUOTE]

we should re-sign mills then huh? after all he was successfull and done well before he came to us last time......

dixienormous 5th September 2019 19.43:33

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290160]we should re-sign mills then huh? after all he was successfull and done well before he came to us last time......[/QUOTE]

You're mad la

NedStarksGhost 5th September 2019 19.46:01

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290159]answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck[/QUOTE]

Why are you asking if people would be angry if we were doing well? It's a moot point, of course they wouldn't be. People don't care about being proven wrong when we do well.

The fact is, the majority of people had no confidence in Hughes, for reasons mentioned above. The reason people are so frustrated and mad is because they could see it coming. Hugely inexperienced, no coaching badges, one failed stint and set up foot golf. Hardly instills confidence does it?

Yes all managers are a risk. Which is why we should go for the right candidate. Someone like Askey, who had recently won promotion with Macclesfield.

It's frustrating to see us hire Bryan Hughes who even the club's media team struggled to say much positive about, over someone like Askey with a good pedigree.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.02:51.