RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

andy buckley 5th September 2019 19.46:15

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

[QUOTE=Foxy;2290127]The 2016 vote showed the country divided down the middle between chicken nugget eating quitters and fruit, fish and veg eating remainers. Therefore it isn’t legitimate. Furthermore , since the referendum the demographic change in the electorate (chicken nugget eaters don’t last as long) means that a referendum now without anyone changing their opinion would result in a “remain” vote.

This poll however shows a clear majority in favour of ditching failure.[/QUOTE]

The total number of people who have voted equals 5% of Tuesday attendance hardly a representative poll compared with the millions who voted in brexit referendum

Lets Av A Riot 5th September 2019 19.48:29

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2290161]You're mad la[/QUOTE]

so you dont want an experienced manager who has done it in this league.. and you dont want a fledgeling manager .....

who would you sign as manager? i mean i presume you have realistic names in mind if you want hughes to go so badly.

*disclaimer* i think your missing the point im trying to make....that any managerial appointment is a risk. regardless of experience

OneLoveWrexham 5th September 2019 19.49:38

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290169]so you dont want an experienced manager who has done it in this league.. and you dont want a fledgeling manager .....

who would you sign as manager? i mean i presume you have realistic names in mind if you want hughes to go so badly.

*disclaimer* i think your missing the point im trying to make....that any managerial appointment is a risk. regardless of experience[/QUOTE]
Some risks are bigger than others though, Bryan Hughes was a gamble of epic proportions

dixienormous 5th September 2019 19.51:27

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290169]so you dont want an experienced manager who has done it in this league.. and you dont want a fledgeling manager .....

*disclaimer* i think your missing the point im trying to make....that any managerial appointment is a risk. regardless of experience[/QUOTE]

Of course any appointment is a risk, but hiring Hughes was a risk too far, a bloody ridiculous brain dead decision most people knew would end in tears. Anyone able to find the thread?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 5th September 2019 19.52:38

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290159]answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck[/QUOTE]

Some called Hughes and Mills correctly, also that Ricketts would do well. That went against the majority, just saying.
:hurray:

I'd say that was foresight, can't see how you can call those pointing out from day one Hughes being the wrong choice as hindsight.

Baffled.

wafc1926 5th September 2019 19.53:48

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2290154]The majority of members who voted elected them.
Non-members and non-voters can’t complain.[/QUOTE]
The Football Club board was not , and never has been , elected by Members. They are nominated by the WST board and, to a certain extent, self-elected.
My remarks , of course , do not apply with regard to Phil Salmon who was co-opted and is an excellent Director. Perhaps more additions like Phil are required to restore confidence in the Club?

Lets Av A Riot 5th September 2019 19.58:14

[QUOTE=NedStarksGhost;2290164]

The fact is, the majority of people had no confidence in Hughes, for reasons mentioned above. .[/QUOTE]

no they didnt.... they thought he was a risk... i wasnt too happy at all when Hughes was appointed and i personally thought we coulda done much better.

but i accepted that Hughes was a risk that could go either way.

there is a common misconception that im a happy clapper .... but i aint.... but at the same time i aint a so called frother either.i prefer the term realist.

with regards to this season i do think for the most part we DO have a squad good enough to challenge for the title.

but im also in agreeance with many that maybe hughes is NOT the man to do so.

now what i do disagree with strongly.... and think is bang out of order is the abuse that the manager and the board recieve.... As said above im ceetain everybody involved with the club wants us to do well.... hence just because we aint doing briliant ... fans are on the backs of certain people being abusive , offensive and threatening to those people. of which although i appreciate the frustration... i think the abuse etc is wat over the top.. tghis is why i defend people involved with the club. or reply to those who seem to want those in charge hung drawn and quartered.

and for some the reasoning behind their arguments is a load of crap and exagerated ten fold.

Jaded 5th September 2019 20.00:45

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290159]answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck[/QUOTE]

I’m sure people would be pleased if we were playing well and top of the league, yes.

While appointing any manager is a risk, some are riskier than others. Or do you think we should just give it to a random fan who’d work cheap? Because you seem to be implying that anyone is equally likely to succeed, which is a bizarre claim to make.

Lets Av A Riot 5th September 2019 20.03:21

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2290173]Some called Hughes and Mills correctly, also that Ricketts would do well. That went against the majority, just saying.
:hurray:

I'd say that was foresight, can't see how you can call those pointing out from day one Hughes being the wrong choice as hindsight.

Baffled.[/QUOTE]

doesnt matter who we sign.. you will get the odd one stating it will work or wont work.... basically somwebody is always going to be right. so your point isnt really a valid one. as i could turn it around to the flip side of your comment and say same thing.of which is a valid reply.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.13:59.