Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you any confidence left in the WST & CLub Boards?
Yes 61 26.52%
No 169 73.48%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th September 2019, 19.46:15   #109-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock
Twitter: @

Default Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
The 2016 vote showed the country divided down the middle between chicken nugget eating quitters and fruit, fish and veg eating remainers. Therefore it isn’t legitimate. Furthermore , since the referendum the demographic change in the electorate (chicken nugget eaters don’t last as long) means that a referendum now without anyone changing their opinion would result in a “remain” vote.

This poll however shows a clear majority in favour of ditching failure.
The total number of people who have voted equals 5% of Tuesday attendance hardly a representative poll compared with the millions who voted in brexit referendum
Old 5th September 2019, 19.48:29   #110-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
You're mad la
so you dont want an experienced manager who has done it in this league.. and you dont want a fledgeling manager .....

who would you sign as manager? i mean i presume you have realistic names in mind if you want hughes to go so badly.

*disclaimer* i think your missing the point im trying to make....that any managerial appointment is a risk. regardless of experience
Old 5th September 2019, 19.49:38   #111-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Av A Riot View Post
so you dont want an experienced manager who has done it in this league.. and you dont want a fledgeling manager .....

who would you sign as manager? i mean i presume you have realistic names in mind if you want hughes to go so badly.

*disclaimer* i think your missing the point im trying to make....that any managerial appointment is a risk. regardless of experience
Some risks are bigger than others though, Bryan Hughes was a gamble of epic proportions
Old 5th September 2019, 19.51:27   #112-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:

Of course any appointment is a risk, but hiring Hughes was a risk too far, a bloody ridiculous brain dead decision most people knew would end in tears. Anyone able to find the thread?
Old 5th September 2019, 19.52:38   #113-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck
Some called Hughes and Mills correctly, also that Ricketts would do well. That went against the majority, just saying.

I'd say that was foresight, can't see how you can call those pointing out from day one Hughes being the wrong choice as hindsight.

Baffled.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 5th September 2019 at 19.54:19..
Old 5th September 2019, 19.53:48   #114-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel D View Post
The majority of members who voted elected them.
Non-members and non-voters can’t complain.
The Football Club board was not , and never has been , elected by Members. They are nominated by the WST board and, to a certain extent, self-elected.
My remarks , of course , do not apply with regard to Phil Salmon who was co-opted and is an excellent Director. Perhaps more additions like Phil are required to restore confidence in the Club?
Old 5th September 2019, 19.58:14   #115-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStarksGhost View Post

The fact is, the majority of people had no confidence in Hughes, for reasons mentioned above. .
no they didnt.... they thought he was a risk... i wasnt too happy at all when Hughes was appointed and i personally thought we coulda done much better.

but i accepted that Hughes was a risk that could go either way.

there is a common misconception that im a happy clapper .... but i aint.... but at the same time i aint a so called frother either.i prefer the term realist.

with regards to this season i do think for the most part we DO have a squad good enough to challenge for the title.

but im also in agreeance with many that maybe hughes is NOT the man to do so.

now what i do disagree with strongly.... and think is bang out of order is the abuse that the manager and the board recieve.... As said above im ceetain everybody involved with the club wants us to do well.... hence just because we aint doing briliant ... fans are on the backs of certain people being abusive , offensive and threatening to those people. of which although i appreciate the frustration... i think the abuse etc is wat over the top.. tghis is why i defend people involved with the club. or reply to those who seem to want those in charge hung drawn and quartered.

and for some the reasoning behind their arguments is a load of crap and exagerated ten fold.
Old 5th September 2019, 20.00:45   #116-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
answer me a question if you may (same for above who quoted me)......

IF we was top of the league right now... playing decent footballl ... and had won majority of our games... do you think the fans would be as angry as they seem now ?

we both know they wouldnt...... hence their anger IS with hindsight...

they go on about the board signing a unproven manager..... so does that mean we should sign a PROVEN manager like GARY MILLS? i mean he came here with an excelent pedigree.. and the massive majority of fans wanted him here when he came. do you think he as a PROVEN manager done well for us? im guessing not.. as he was one of if not thee worst manager we have had since in Non league.

with managers doesnt matter wether experienced or not..... its a risk signing them. same for players.. they may perform well elsewhere.. doesnt mean they will do so here.. its how football is.. its all risks and luck
I’m sure people would be pleased if we were playing well and top of the league, yes.

While appointing any manager is a risk, some are riskier than others. Or do you think we should just give it to a random fan who’d work cheap? Because you seem to be implying that anyone is equally likely to succeed, which is a bizarre claim to make.
Old 5th September 2019, 20.03:21   #117-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Some called Hughes and Mills correctly, also that Ricketts would do well. That went against the majority, just saying.

I'd say that was foresight, can't see how you can call those pointing out from day one Hughes being the wrong choice as hindsight.

Baffled.
doesnt matter who we sign.. you will get the odd one stating it will work or wont work.... basically somwebody is always going to be right. so your point isnt really a valid one. as i could turn it around to the flip side of your comment and say same thing.of which is a valid reply.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.07:16.