RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

Teifi Red 5th September 2019 21.06:16

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Cheers for the update. So, by the sounds of it, this happened quite a while ago then?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 5th September 2019 21.10:27

[QUOTE=Teifi Red;2290208]Cheers for the update. So, by the sounds of it, this happened quite a while ago then?[/QUOTE]

Yes, no idea if he's tried recently.

Another name was mentioned to me privately a while ago too, has been involved in football but is a mate of Moss'.

Back of the Kop 5th September 2019 21.21:18

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2290204]Still part of it has to come out, it will soon enough.

The other stopping potential investment dead, again, when feelers were put out unofficially. Very naughty and confirmed by others.

I got the Ricketts saga bang on, the stooges didn't like that and tried chasing me off in particular. Prehaps it was because I knew a lot of the details via Shrewsbury.

Was the same with Oswell first time round, they told us he didn't want to go full time by the stooges but off he went to Morecambe despite me knowing he did want to go full time. The backtracking started again.

The board knew alright, the whole bleeding saga's they knew, no ambition. That's why Ricketts left and I'd bet Keates did for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

If true, I'm really starting to fall out of love with this club after 40 years.

There's no smoke without fire and I've been convinced for some time that it's being run by people who had good early intentions when it was rescued but the gravy train they're on is just too good to give up.

This was their dream job....we get it......but it's now time to put the club first and look at the options (including outside investment) so that we can move forward.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing

sparky 5th September 2019 21.28:48

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2290211]If true, I'm really starting to fall out of love with this club after 40 years.

There's no smoke without fire and I've been convinced for some time that it's being run by people who had good early intentions when it was rescued but the gravy train they're on is just too good to give up.

This was their dream job....we get it......but it's now time to put the club first and look at the options (including outside investment) so that we can move forward.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing[/QUOTE]

Well said.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 5th September 2019 21.32:10

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2290211]If true, I'm really starting to fall out of love with this club after 40 years.

This great club at 155 years old is bigger than any one person and I just hope that the current incumbents come to their senses very soon and do the right thing[/QUOTE]

Trouble is they try to make out it isn't true, saying they're for investment but they must do this blah blah blah.

Then Pete Jones says things that contradict that statement, votes for the status quo then the person who dares to stand against the status quo gets their dirty washing aired in public on here.

It's hard work keeping up with your lies all the time.

The same faces hound those who tell everyone what really is going on as I did with Ricketts. Wasn't just me saying he was off either, just a bit more detail on why.

Jaded 5th September 2019 22.16:21

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290189]im implying no such thing... although many Fifa 19 players on here seem to think they could/would do a better job.

but i wouldnt for a second suggest we appoint a random fan (where do you even read into that?) .

in Hughes case.. he was a footballer.. he knows the game.. he has played at different levels of football .. he knows the ins and outs "inside" a football club" so ofc id be more implied to suggest somebody with experience in the game has a similar or equal chance to succeed.

since we have been down here .. you could argue we have only had ONE experienced manager ... which was Mills.. of which i dont have to remind you how that went...

all the other Managers we have had since non-league have pretty much been new to management (with exception to Wilkin who was in a Part time Managers role prior to comming here) . some of those new managers done well.. some not so well... as said above.. its a risk.[/QUOTE]

You said that any manager was a risk. Do you think every manager is an equal risk? Or do you think that Hughes, with one unsuccessful spell in management , was a bigger risk than some of the other people who were being talked about?

pagl 6th September 2019 04.00:53

LAAR, wow that has to be one of the most ill informed and goddam awful posts I have read on here.

Fans were concerned over the appointment at the time and posted comments reflecting this.
It was fraught with danger as he had no experience so your point about him getting off to a flyer is ridiculous.
January was incompetent at best and again many fans posted to this extent.
It’s immaterial if they give up their own time, the job still has to be done properly (we all applaud the time they give) and it’s not.

I think most fans want to see changes and not a sacking of the board completely.

You are so far off the mark that you must be a board member :)

Foxy 6th September 2019 05.59:20

[QUOTE=pagl;2290232]LAAR, wow that has to be one of the most ill informed and goddam awful posts I have read on here.

Fans were concerned over the appointment at the time and posted comments reflecting this.
It was fraught with danger as he had no experience so your point about him getting off to a flyer is ridiculous.
January was incompetent at best and again many fans posted to this extent.
It’s immaterial if they give up their own time, the job still has to be done properly (we all applaud the time they give) and it’s not.

I think most fans want to see changes and not a sacking of the board completely.

You are so far off the mark that you must be a board member :)[/QUOTE]

He isn’t a Board member . To be fair they do have a reasonable amount of intelligence

KingBuxton_Forever red 6th September 2019 08.12:38

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2289511]If you do still have confidence, 3 still do so far, it would be good to hear why? Genuine question.[/QUOTE]

I answered yes because as another posted has put its not a simple yes or no for me.

I feel if the current setup is tweaked, we could be going places. It was really working under Ricketts IMO, the failure to bring in a full time number 2 has been one of our main mistakes here (did Hughes make that decision?)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.21:29.