RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114432-confidence-boards-wst-club.html)

John Neals Dynasty 6th September 2019 09.40:07

[QUOTE=3pmsaturday;2290264]I have confidence and faith in the Boards. As detailed on othjer threads I think we desperately require addition of football knowledge to the club Board.[/QUOTE]

Read GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo post about the board his posts are consistent and the usual suspects are on here geared up to stop him.

It's quite simple without outside investment then the club will stagnate at this level because we don't have the financial backing to progress.

Plus nobody is accountable on the board for the money they waste.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Teifi Red 6th September 2019 09.50:45

Re: Confidence in the Boards - WST & Club

Are the club subject to “freedom of information” requests?

Ruabon Red 6th September 2019 09.50:48

[QUOTE=Haruki;2290254]The non full time number 2 is not the only mistake though. Everything about Ricketts screamed "manager", not a lot about Hughes gives me those same thoughts. Compare where the two of them had been prior to getting this job. Ricketts was working with one of the highest rated professional academies in the country, Hughes worked with an amateur academy and a foot golf centre. Watch interviews with them both, Rickets gives the impression of a man you would respect and work for, you can see players wanting to listen when he speaks and I don't get that with Hughes.

Look at the age profile of our board and most would have been watching Wrexham in the Flynn heighdays. I can only think they got sucked in by Hughes name and memories of that FA cup run he starred in as it sure as hell cant have been his CV.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post Haruki

Phils-an-alki 9th September 2019 11.53:58

Pretty unanimous, as it was in January.

Redpensioner 9th September 2019 12.37:15

I am one of those fans on the outside looking in and I read all the comments about people that have a bit of knowledge on the inside and wow. From the management to the board it doesn't make good reading does it.

Number6 9th September 2019 12.57:52

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2290189]im implying no such thing... although many Fifa 19 players on here seem to think they could/would do a better job.

but i wouldnt for a second suggest we appoint a random fan (where do you even read into that?) .

in Hughes case.. he was a footballer.. he knows the game.. he has played at different levels of football .. he knows the ins and outs "inside" a football club" so ofc id be more implied to suggest somebody with experience in the game has a similar or equal chance to succeed.

[B]since we have been down here .. you could argue we have only had ONE experienced manager ... which was Mills.. of which i dont have to remind you how that went...[/B]

all the other Managers we have had since non-league have pretty much been new to management (with exception to Wilkin who was in a Part time Managers role prior to comming here) . some of those new managers done well.. some not so well... as said above.. its a risk.[/QUOTE]

and Brian Little, and that went the same way, in fact he was responsible for putting us down here.

Ooh aah Paskin 9th September 2019 13.41:00

[QUOTE=Number6;2291223]and Brian Little, and that went the same way, in fact he was responsible for putting us down here.[/QUOTE]

I would say Carey had quite a big part to play too.
It all went wrong when we sacked Denis Smith IMO.

Drury-red 9th September 2019 13.45:34

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2291228]I would say Carey had quite a big part to play too.
It all went wrong when we sacked Denis Smith IMO.[/QUOTE]

Appointing Carey instead of Darren Ferguson in 2007 is where the decline started.

pagl 9th September 2019 13.55:34

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2291229]Appointing Carey instead of Darren Ferguson in 2007 is where the decline started.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree 100%

The not sacking him after the Boston game as if was an achievement of some sort. It was a warning he was shite.

billybersham 9th September 2019 14.01:38

[QUOTE=pagl;2291230]Have to agree 100%

The not sacking him after the Boston game as if was an achievement of some sort. It was a warning he was shite.[/QUOTE]

Did Carey get rewarded with a new contract or did he just carry on with his old one.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.15:45.